Fiscal Conservative, Social Liberal

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Sounds like an oxymoron. Usually those who make the claim turn out to be fiscally incompetent and socially awkward. 

Fiscally incompetent and socially awkward? That seems the Hollywood definition of Donald Trump: he goes bankrupt often and says/does stupid things in public.

Edited by August1991

21 hours ago, August1991 said:

Fiscally incompetent and socially awkward? That seems the Hollywood definition of Donald Trump: he goes bankrupt often and says/does stupid things in public.

By fiscally incompetent and socially awkward I assume Impact is referring to the popularity of "libertarian" ideas among those who live in mom's basement.

-k

• Like 3

On 3/3/2017 at 10:56 PM, kimmy said:

By fiscally incompetent and socially awkward I assume Impact is referring to the popularity of "libertarian" ideas among those who live in mom's basement.

-k

No Kimmy, I'm referring to the US/American liberal/leftist way to describe Donald Trump.

According to Matt Damon, PBS and CNN - even the CBC thinks this: Donald Trump is "socially awkward" and "fiscally incompetent". 

I don't see a conflict. One can be a social liberal and still believe things have to be paid for. According to the CBO, Trumps taxation and spending plans will add 10 trillion to the national debt over the next decade. He's not a fiscal conservative in my books, just a carpetbagger..

Edited by Wilber

On 3/12/2017 at 7:20 PM, Wilber said:

I don't see a conflict. One can be a social liberal and still believe things have to be paid for. According to the CBO, Trumps taxation and spending plans will add 10 trillion to the national debt over the next decade. He's not a fiscal conservative in my books, just a carpetbagger..

Trump? Carpetbagger?

Wilber, I will record you as a social liberal but fiscal conservative.

Wilber: "Someone else will have/raise kids who will then work and pay taxes so that I don't."