Arbitrary thread deleting..wtf?

drummindiver

So a pOster had a thread deleted as Charles Anthony deemed it a poor attempt at conversation. Donald Trump is a Fascist could gave been worded better, fair enough.However, young Altai is given free reign to start and continually post the most inane and offensive posts and threads possible. Is this two tiered administration?  Is someone's prejudices dictating censorship? 

11 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

So a pOster had a thread deleted as Charles Anthony deemed it a poor attempt at conversation. Donald Trump is a Fascist could gave been worded better, fair enough.However, young Altai is given free reign to start and continually post the most inane and offensive posts and threads possible. Is this two tiered administration?  Is someone's prejudices dictating censorship? 

Yes. She's a girl. Or at least, alleges she/he/it is one on the internet. So she gets treated differently. I've noticed this before with regard to certain other females on this site. I am more likely to get suspended for saying something unkind in a post directed at an alleged female than an alleged male.

Wah, wah! look what she's doing.

How pathetic. 

Oh, and she did have a thread deleted - it was inappropriately named and compared the leader of Israel to Shrek with a picture which is against the rules. 

Looks like she re-posted with a better attempt at discussion the second time. Or at least kept it within the rules. 

3 hours ago, msj said:

Wah, wah! look what she's doing.

How pathetic. 

Oh, and she did have a thread deleted - it was inappropriately named and compared the leader of Israel to Shrek with a picture which is against the rules. 

Looks like she re-posted with a better attempt at discussion the second time. Or at least kept it within the rules. 

Really?  That's your response, what is wrong with you?  Fyi, when a thread that is obviously ridiculous is allowed to stand for a long period of time and others are removed quickly, it's not because they didn't notice the first one, or that somebody complained in the five minutes after some of them were posted.  The forum isn't that busy, there is tacit approval for some things and not for others, the reason for that, I don't know.

• Forum Admin
4 hours ago, drummindiver said:

So a pOster had a thread deleted as Charles Anthony deemed it a poor attempt at conversation. Donald Trump is a Fascist could gave been worded better, fair enough.

The thread was deleted because it's against the rules to call any leader a "neofascist" or a "fascist".  Unless of course it's a serious discussion with a very well crafted argument.  However, that particular post wasn't, so it was deleted.

7 minutes ago, poochy said:

The forum isn't that busy, there is tacit approval for some things and not for others, the reason for that, I don't know.

This is nonsense, there is no hidden agenda or "tacit approval" for a specific issue/party/candidate/etc by the moderators or myself.

Everyone here is a volunteer (including myself), and we're all trying our best to make this forum a reasonable place to discuss politics.

I'm growing tired of the whining and bitching about every single moderation action that takes place.

If you have a problem with something that has been done with your thread or posting, politely use the PM feature to request an explanation from one of the moderators.

If you do not like the explanation, or you feel you've been repeatedly wronged by someone on the moderation staff, then I'm afraid you're in the wrong place. 

• Greg locked this topic