Causes Of Radicalization In Canada

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are the bigots whose answer to the causes of radicalization is the Muslim Faith. That theory has been discounted as simplistic, a waste of time and only adds to anti-Muslim sentiment which is destructive in our society.

Those without prejudices, who have the professionalism, neutrality and intellect to have studied the phenomenon, have made some interesting conclusions:

Conclusions

But why deal with objective analysis when you can just spout your fear of the unknown.

There are the bigots whose answer to the causes of radicalization is the Muslim Faith. That theory has been discounted as simplistic, a waste of time and only adds to anti-Muslim sentiment which is destructive in our society.

Those without prejudices, who have the professionalism, neutrality and intellect to have studied the phenomenon, have made some interesting conclusions:

Conclusions

But why deal with objective analysis when you can just spout your fear of the unknown.

At least they acknowledge the religious zealotry. Perhaps they are, like me, without prejudices. Still, they also have such utter silliness as this:

These kids are often immigrants who aren’t adapting to their new culture well, who have an employment grievance, or who are upset over something going on at home. These kids often become focused on injustices in the world in places such as Syria or Israel and begin to believe that violence is the best response, he says.

I guess you were overly generous with the professionalism, neutrality and intellect comment.

Edit> Maybe it indicates they are not without prejudices either. Sigh. Just me then.

Edited by bcsapper

Indeed, as most Muslims are not "radicalized". But the premise offered here would still require significant radicals in other groups to be universally valid.

Why exactly? There's no need to validate your need for universality. Edited by eyeball

At least they acknowledge the religious zealotry. Perhaps they are, like me, without prejudices. Still, they also have such utter silliness as this:

These kids are often immigrants who aren’t adapting to their new culture well, who have an employment grievance, or who are upset over something going on at home. These kids often become focused on injustices in the world in places such as Syria or Israel and begin to believe that violence is the best response, he says.

I guess you were overly generous with the professionalism, neutrality and intellect comment.

Edit> Maybe it indicates they are not without prejudices either. Sigh. Just me then.

Who am I to question your expertise in the field?

You obviously are an objective expert in this field. Thanks for sharing. You are something special.

Who am I to question your expertise in the field?

You obviously are an objective expert in this field. Thanks for sharing. You are something special.

We're all special, Big Guy, in our own way.

Well... religious people aren't necessarily useless. You don't have to have fantastic critical thinking skills to work and pay taxes and obey the law.

But we can instead choose to import people who DO have critical thinking skills and a secular mindset. Why not do that instead?

You mean the Chinese?

I am not opposed to Chinese immigrants as long as they are real immigrants and not temporary foreign workers or people who buy their passports and put them in a safe at home in Shanghai in case they need them. However, my ideal immigrant mix would lean heavily towards Europeans. Not because they're a particular tone of skin colouration but because of their cultural value set, their education, their technological skillset and their heavy teaching of English and French, as well as the statistics which show Europeans and American immigrants perform far and away better in Canada, in terms of economic success, than immigrants from any other area of the world.

Edited by Argus

I am not opposed to Chinese immigrants as long as they are real immigrants.

The problem is that the proliferation of the guest worker program is the direct result of conservative driven anti-immigrant sentiment. It was red meet for Harpers conservative base... "Dont worry we'll kick them out once their work is done!".

Harper replaced permanent economic immigrants with guest workers.

TFWMay1_20121.jpg

The problem is that the proliferation of the guest worker program is the direct result of conservative driven anti-immigrant sentiment. It was red meet for Harpers conservative base... "Dont worry we'll kick them out once their work is done!".

TFWMay1_20121.jpg

Interesting graph. It looks like there's been a steady upward climb since 1996 (interestingly university tuition has also tripled since then), until Harper took over and it jumped considerably. There needs to be far better oversight over this program. When you have TFWs pouring coffee at Tim Horton's, that's abuse of the program. When you have TFWs living in company houses and paying most of their wages back, that's abuse of not only the program but people. There's a hidden truck system at play here that few people notice. It's modern-day slavery but you still have people arguing that Millennials are "entitled" because they won't lower their standards. What a joke. Lower them to slavery conditions? Lower them to compete with jobs that will be exported to the TPP countries when that's said and done?

Edited by cybercoma

Interesting graph. It looks like there's been a steady upward climb since 1996 (interestingly university tuition has also tripled since then), until Harper took over and it jumped considerably. There needs to be far better oversight over this program. When you have TFWs pouring coffee at Tim Horton's, that's abuse of the program. When you have TFWs living in company houses and paying most of their wages back, that's abuse of not only the program but people. There's a hidden truck system at play here that few people notice. It's modern-day slavery but you still have people arguing that Millennials are "entitled" because they won't lower their standards. What a joke. Lower them to slavery conditions? Lower them to compete with jobs that will be exported to the TPP countries when that's said and done?

Its just an extension of free trade. The political and economic elites that tricked us into free trade did so for one purpose... Get production, resources, and cheap labor together so they could make huge profits. And it worked great. Wages have been largely contained, and these people are able to take a much larger portion of the economic pie. That's why we have seen wealth concentration grow along side globalism.

This is just another way to do the same thing. Instead of moving production overseas to where the cheap labor is, move the cheap labor here to where the production and the resources are.

Its still just "free trade".

The irony unfortunately is that some people who whine about immigrants "taking our jobs and keeping our wages down" are actually free trade supporters! They are fine with offshoring production which results in the exact same thing.

That's crap. Most of those 'guest workers' aren't needed, and the Conservatives increased immigration overall. How could they possibly be appealing to their base by increasing immigration - unless, of course, their base also consists of an awful lot of immigrant/ethnic groups. What your chart does show is a steady increase in temporary foreign workers dating all the way back to 1995, but you're too partisan to blame anyone but the conservatives.

Edited by Argus

That's crap. Most of those 'guest workers' aren't needed, and the Conservatives increased immigration overall. How could they possibly be appealing to their base by increasing immigration - unless, of course, their base also consists of an awful lot of immigrant/ethnic groups.

Because they allowed a lot less permanent immigrants than they would have if they didn't grow the guest worker program. Did you even look at the graph?

The irony unfortunately is that some people who whine about immigrants "taking our jobs and keeping our wages down" are actually free trade supporters! They are fine with offshoring production which results in the exact same thing.

I think the irony is that you're complaining about it but your posts support it. Really, it looks like all you care about is ensuring the Conservative are blamed for everything.

Because they allowed a lot less permanent immigrants than they would have if they didn't grow the guest worker program. Did you even look at the graph?

Yes, I looked at it. It showed a steady upward rise in temporary foreign workers through the end of the chart in 2011. Although those numbers dropped after that. It also shows immigration increasing under the Tories. Why did permanent immigration increase under the Tories? Why, going into an election year, did Harper promise to increase immigration to 300,000 if, according to your narrative, his base is all opposed to immigration? And why, under your narrative that this is all the Tories fault, are the Liberals now increasing temporary foreign workers and relaxing inspection?

I think the irony is that you're complaining about it but your posts support it. Really, it looks like all you care about is ensuring the Conservative are blamed for everything.

Nope I'm saying conservatives are to blame for the huge expansion of the guest worker program under the Conservative government. Nothing more.

I NEVER make generalizations about conservatives on here. Barely even mention the word. Unlike you that is CONSTANTLY make generalized statements about liberals and progressives and blaming them every time the weather is bad for a day.

But the way the post you quoted didnt even mention or refer to conservatives, so as usual readers are left wondering what the hell you are even talking about. Many of the duped supporters of free trade and globalist are on the left.

And why, under your narrative that this is all the Tories fault, are the Liberals now increasing temporary foreign workers and relaxing inspection?

Because that's what the data on graph suggests. Also... I have read posts where you ALSO critisize Harper for growing the guest worker program. Gonna walk away from those now?

Nope I'm saying conservatives are to blame for the huge expansion of the guest worker program under the Conservative government. Nothing more.

And yet, this discussion is about the new expansion of that program by the Liberals, a program the Conservatives got their fingers burned on and so radically cut back. Which I have already mentioned. So why feel the need to attack the Conservatives?

edited to add: forgot which topic we were in. Please take any replies to the proper topic. Canada, a wholly owned province of China.

Edited by Argus

What your chart does show is a steady increase in temporary foreign workers dating all the way back to 1995, but you're too partisan to blame anyone but the conservatives.

It's pretty stupid to call someone's partisanship out when you don't even acknowledge the sharp increase in TFWs when Harper took office. The steady increase from 1995 until Harper took office was within the high set in 1990. When Harper took office the numbers noticeably jump. Feel free to ignore that and call others partisan though. It's a giant red flag for your credibility. Wave it proud.