Liberals Finally Appoint New Judges

It's been seven months, but I guess it took that long to try to sift through the political backgrounds and races of all the lawyers in the country to find the most pleasing mix of left wing ethnics that would be pleasing to our amazingly superficial prime minister and his fundamentalist leftist party.

All the judges appointed are overtly political on the far left, most of them activists, and virtually none white males, despite how they dominate the legal community. They can be counted on to ignore the law as it's written and rule according to their political and social beliefs, and always against the interests of the majority of the population.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/liberal-appointments-signal-intent-to-diversify-canadian-judiciary/article30532954/

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare someone appoint brown people to things. Those people can't be unbiased.

Donald, is that you?

Typical leftist response. It's just coincidence that only 3 of 15 appointees are white men! All the appointments are on merit!

Of course, to the left 'merit' doesn't have anything to do with skills or abilities. It's about what ethnic, gender and social niche you belong to.

I'm sure the bench is still well represented by white men.

I'm interested in the bench being represented by competence and an adherence to neutrality. These people were specifically appointed due to their activism with the expectation they would carry their prejudicial views into the courtroom.

But all you lefties who screamed bloody murder when Harper appointed some mildly conservative judges will be pleased, I'm sure.

Mostly second tier jurists, but certainly not any kind of surprise from Trudeau. As always, he is playing to an audience that approves of the result and is willing to hold their noses on the process.

I am delighted that medical licenses are not passed out on this kind of 'merit'.

I'm interested in the bench being represented by competence and an adherence to neutrality. These people were specifically appointed due to their activism with the expectation they would carry their prejudicial views into the courtroom.

But all you lefties who screamed bloody murder when Harper appointed some mildly conservative judges will be pleased, I'm sure.

Not only that, but Harper appointed Supreme Court jurists who shot him down on several occasions. Trudeau won't be taking that kind of risk, oh no he won't.

Find where I did that and I'll concede the point.

Yeah Argus, he never said anything against Harper. Because he supported Harper then. Since the election Smallc is a Liberal.

See a trend here?

I had complaints with some of what Harper did and I have complaints with some of what Trudeau is doing. No one is infallible. Edited by Smallc

Other that skin colour, does anyone have a single issue why one of these judges is wrong and someone passed over is right?

They're raging leftists! Or so I've heard.

Edited by Smallc

Nice deflection....the color thing. Nobody on the left commenting on the comparison between Harper's/Trudeau's appointee's being partisan. Typical deflection.

Harper Bad...Trudeau Good.

Who on the left said that in this thread?

Really??? Only you, Squid and Peter F. smh

I never mentioned Harper...

Do you even know the judges or their decisions? Of course not... all you know is that they were appointed by Trudeau and the colour of their skin.

Edited by The_Squid

Of all the100's of judicial appointments made by Stephen Harper, the only ones I remember that the 'left' had problems with were Marc Nadon because he was unqualified for the position (confirmed by the Supreme Court judgement on the matter), and Vic Toews. Now suddenly we have a dozen of Trudeau appointments that the 'right' has problems with because they are not white enough.

Again I ask, other than the colour of their skin list the problems with any one of these judges and who was overlooked because they were better.

Of all the100's of judicial appointments made by Stephen Harper, the only ones I remember that the 'left' had problems with were Marc Nadon because he was unqualified for the position (confirmed by the Supreme Court judgement on the matter), and Vic Toews. Now suddenly we have a dozen of Trudeau appointments that the 'right' has problems with because they are not white enough.

It was an ongoing theme among the Left that Harper was at war with the constitution and the judiciary and trying to stack the benches with every manner of heartless, evil, slavering fascist judge he could find.

Again I ask, other than the colour of their skin list the problems with any one of these judges and who was overlooked because they were better.

You mean aside from elementary logic? Why would you appoint activists as judges without the expectation the motivation which drove them to BE activists would carry through into their job? And how do you scan the entire mass of the best legal minds in the country, which are bound to be about 95% white, come up with mostly non-whites, and tell me these are the best available? In truth, these are the best minorities with left wing political beliefs available. And that was what was considered important. Same as entry into the Trudeau cabinet. If you've got ovaries, you're in. Competence not so much a factor. It's the same method he used to build his cabinet. Somehow, we're to believe, that he managed to put 30% of his female MPs into the cabinet (11% of male MPs are in cabinet) without passing over more qualified and competent men for jobs.

No, this is the same sort of mentality as you can find in this column from the Globe and Mail http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/white-male-lawyers-should-say-no-to-judicial-appointments/article23044838/

There are too many white male judges. The fact that up until relatively recently the vast majority of lawyers were white and male is considered irrelevant. Likewise, the fact that most of Canada's non-white community is made up of immigrants - which means they're extremely unlikely to have been educated in Canadian law prior to coming here, or are fairly young, which means that even if educated in law in Canada they are unlikely to have the decades of experience we'd like to see in judicial appointments is not considered relevant. The mentality is "find someone with darker skin, ANYONE with darker skin", without regard to who is most qualified.

The most recent stats, admittedly five years old, I've seen, suggested lots of younger women have gone into law in recent years, and they made up the majority of lawyers under thirty.

But I don't want a lawyer under thirty on the bench.

Nice deflection....the color thing. Nobody on the left commenting on the comparison between Harper's/Trudeau's appointee's being partisan. Typical deflection.

Harper Bad...Trudeau Good.

Political appointments are partisan!? Stop the f***ing presses!