What direction the Conservatives Should Take

At this particular time, everyone is unelectable over Trudeau. He's got the millenials wrapped around his little finger and they're too much of airheads to take politics seriously.

I agree thats the case presently.......eventually though, said millennials will grow-up and realize their lot hasn't improved due to Trudeau's policies.

You realize they just walked back their opposition to FPTP and a national referendum right? I don't expect Trudeau to ram through anything, anymore than I expect his budgets to balance themselves.

no - that's not the case by any means. The opposition remains; however, it is in the hands of the committee to determine. The link you subsequently provided does not support your statement, as quoted above. There is a reason why Rona Conservatives are so ticked-off at the change in committee make-up... there's a reason it's being termed by Rona Conservatives as a "Liberal-NDP backroom deal". What could that reason be, hey!

Realistically, nobody has a hope in hell against Trudeau right now. Canadians are pretty tolerant of bad government. It has to go on for a while before they dump it. Witness the Ontario Liberals, or the Alberta Conservatives. Hell, witness Trudeau's father. Given his personable nature and looks, if the Liberals don't screw up so badly people can't ignore it he'll win again next time against almost anyone. Especially since the media loves him and the NDP are likely to be weak.

Canadians will let you know when there's bad governance. Right now, they're happy with what they have.

At this particular time, everyone is unelectable over Trudeau. He's got the millenials wrapped around his little finger and they're too much of airheads to take politics seriously. Women well, they're still swooning over him and busy copying Sophie's fashions to make rational political decisions

This is why Conservatives and their supporters need to spend some time in the wilderness.

At this particular time, everyone is unelectable over Trudeau. He's got the millenials wrapped around his little finger and they're too much of airheads to take politics seriously. Women well, they're still swooning over him and busy copying Sophie's fashions to make rational political decisions.

I'm with Smallc here. I've voted Conservative in the past, and considered it in October, but if "people who don't support us are stupid" is all you guys have to bring to the table, it's going to be a long time before I'll consider voting CPC again.

Keep insulting people who didn't vote CPC if you wish, but it's not going to help you win the next election. Quite the opposite. It makes the CPC and its supporters look like a bunch of butt-hurt children sulking.

-k

no - that's not the case by any means. The opposition remains; however, it is in the hands of the committee to determine. .

In the hands of the committee? I thought Minister Monsef intended for a determination by Canadians ;)

Did not Minister Monsef state FPTP and referendums are on the table if thats what Canadians want? With the later, recent polls indicate upwards of 70% of Canadians want that determination........not a Liberal/NDP dominated committee.

For the Tories, going forward, their task is simple in regards to voter engagement..........be the voice that listen to and returns democracy to Canadians........zig when the Liberals and NDP (as you suggest) have decided to zag.

Policy wise, as floated by O'Leary, online referendums for populist petitions submitted and signed by "x" amount of Canadians.......that is a potential Conservative policy that could usurp the discussion of voter engagement across Canada.

Keep insulting people who didn't vote CPC if you wish, but it's not going to help you win the next election. Quite the opposite. It makes the CPC and its supporters look like a bunch of butt-hurt children sulking.

-k

Look, insults against parties you didn't vote for fly around all the time. What makes the Liberals so unique that they can't have the same medicine fed to them?

Look, insults against parties you didn't vote for fly around all the time. What makes the Liberals so unique that they can't have the same medicine fed to them?

Like I said: Go ahead, insult away if you wish. But it's not going to convince any of the people who rejected the Conservatives last election to change their mind next time around. Do you really think acting like a bunch of crybabies is going to make your party more attractive to millenial voters and women?

-k

Do you really think acting like a bunch of crybabies is going to make your party more attractive to millenial voters and women?

-k

Truth be told I really don't care...Conservative gov. or Liberal gov. In my eyes there's not a lot of daylight between the two parties. Actually, the only difference, again in my view, is the likeability of the leader.

Truth be told I really don't care...Conservative gov. or Liberal gov. In my eyes there's not a lot of daylight between the two parties. Actually, the only difference, again in my view, is the likeability of the leader.

Conservative supporters are vapid idiots also then?

In the hands of the committee? I thought Minister Monsef intended for a determination by Canadians ;)

Did not Minister Monsef state FPTP and referendums are on the table if thats what Canadians want? With the later, recent polls indicate upwards of 70% of Canadians want that determination........not a Liberal/NDP dominated committee.

not the first time you haven't read one of your own supplied reference links: "Monsef suggested a referendum isn't out of the picture if the committee ends up recommending one in its final report this December, but threw water on the idea."

For the Tories, going forward, their task is simple in regards to voter engagement..........be the voice that listen to and returns democracy to Canadians........zig when the Liberals and NDP (as you suggest) have decided to zag.

"returns democracy to Canadians"? Huh! Good on ya for speaking out against Harper!

Policy wise, as floated by O'Leary, online referendums for populist petitions submitted and signed by "x" amount of Canadians.......that is a potential Conservative policy that could usurp the discussion of voter engagement across Canada.

oh pleeeese... quote and line right up behind Kevin O'Leary! ... aka 'mini-Trump'!

oh pleeeese... quote and line right up behind Kevin O'Leary! ... aka 'mini-Trump'!

As it stands, a year prior to the selection, based on his engagement at the convention, if Kevin O'Leary does decide to run for the leadership, I will gladly line-up behind him...........

"Mini-Trump"? How is that? By all means contrast the similarities between Trump and Kevin O'Leary...........they've both had/have a working relationship with Mark Burnett? They have money and are in business? Go ahead make your case that O'Leary is a "mini-Trump".....

Conservative supporters are vapid idiots also then?

To me, campaign issues like the Niqab and the Barbaric Practices Hotline were exactly that: a desperate attempt to energize the Vapid Idiot segment of the electorate.

-k

I've voted for all 3 parties - and I will again I'm sure.

I was a lifelong Liberal voter just because that's what my family did instinctively. No need to evaluate policies or anything else. In the late 60's along came PET with his 12% federal employee pay raises and humongous benefits. Man, did I love him. Then came Chretien and Adscam. For the first time I voted Conservative. Now the Liberals are going back to giving me goodies. What's not to love? :)

But, vote NDP? Never.

To me, campaign issues like the Niqab and the Barbaric Practices Hotline were exactly that: a desperate attempt to energize the Vapid Idiot segment of the electorate.

-k

To me that was desperation - I suppose both things are true.

Canadians will let you know when there's bad governance. Right now, they're happy with what they have.

They were happy with the Ontario Liberals a couple of years ago too. Now, not so much.