Another Terrorist Attack in Canada

No, that's why I asked about your ethnicity.

I stand corrected. I mean, I figured there might be nuances, but I always thought they were generally synonymous. I refuse to google them.

I'm a Yorkshireman. That's all you're gonna get!

To be fair, I'm not sure what tends to generate racism, fear or loathing, although I think it may be a combination of too much TV, (especially such as Fox) and not enough travel.

I don't know either. But then, I'm fairly well travelled, and I never watch Fox. Not now The Simpsons is rubbish, anyway.

Certainly not growing up in a multi racial society, or I'd be one for sure.

But you're using 'right wing terror' from the US, not Canada. No right winger in Canada planned to derail passenger trains or set off truck bombs across Toronto or blow up the CN tower or behead the prime minister, so far as I'm aware. Note the difference between such ambitions and the relatively petty nature of your American 'right wing terrorists'.

I mentioned two incidents where right wing-ists killed 4 Canadian cops. Anyway, I believe we can agree that right wing terror exists and has been called a growing problem in North America. I think we can also agree that Islamist terror is a much bigger problem globally and the violent, racist, misogynistic culture is despicable as well. In both right wing and Islamic terror, I'd say that religion plays a role but culture makes it far worse.

It makes sense to me that extremism would flourish in areas where civilizations are literally crumbling, all possible governmental options are seen as corrupt and brutal, a vacuum exists where control used to be, the laws are religious based and those in charge religious fanatics. That's the culture in need of changing.

What's the excuse in the West? Right wing extremism is a growing problem, the voices of fascists, racists, misogynists and Christians theocrats are growing louder and more intense. Laws are being passed to allow for Christian discrimination and to insert Christianity into the public science curriculum. If the Christian right element of our society is degrading our culture in this fashion, despite living in a rich, peaceful, stable locale how can people refer to terror as just a Muslim issue?

Phew, there was a hearty response! Apparently some really white skinned, Canadian born, educated, young people want to go from here and take up what Muslims come here to get away from. Have you a significantly well researched response for that?

Wasn't speaking to you. I was reminding her that she asked for a cite regarding Muslims in Canada with extremist views and I gave it to her. She hasn't commented on that, for some reason. As for the above, it looks like gibberish to me. Then again, many of your posts do.

Then you're lucky.

Not at all. The only people I'm 'mean' to are those who have no ability to engage in intelligent conversation and are prone to insulting me, as you and a certain other presently suspended personality you might be acquainted with are.

Edited by Argus

I don't think he'll say, but his posts speak for themselves. But who really cares?

Evidently you do since you've spent a whole page bitching about them, without, of course, anything substantive in the way of intelligent counter arguments.

I mentioned two incidents where right wing-ists killed 4 Canadian cops. Anyway, I believe we can agree that right wing terror exists and has been called a growing problem in North America. I think we can also agree that Islamist terror is a much bigger problem globally and the violent, racist, misogynistic culture is despicable as well. In both right wing and Islamic terror, I'd say that religion plays a role but culture makes it far worse.

You've built your case on a false - if not disingenuous premise. Those two Canadian incidents you mentioned - although they were likely the best you could find - were clearly attributed to anarchists. Raddatz (Edmonton) was a "freeman-of-the-land" opposed to all government. Justin Bourque was another "oppressed" Anarchist. Neither had anything to do with religion. In the US, militias and anarchists (and their guns) have always been a concern but very few have any genuine religious allegiances - and their "fight" is with Government, police and authority in general - not with the murder of thousands of innocents.

Edited by SunnyWays

You've built your case on a false - if not disingenuous premise. Those two Canadian incidents you mentioned - although they were likely the best you could find - were clearly attributed to anarchists. Raddatz (Edmonton) was a "freeman-of-the-land" opposed to all government. Justin Bourque was another "oppressed" Anarchist. Neither had anything to do with religion. In the US, militias and anarchists (and their guns) have always been a concern but very few have any genuine religious allegiances - and their "fight" is with Government, police and authority in general - not with the murder of thousands of innocents.

Many right wing terror incidents are rooted in religion, but others are certainly just based on a messed up ideology. Christians have killed innocents based on their religious views, Christians have killed each other based on their sect, Christians have also killed innocents for reasons based on factors unrelated to their religion, like anarchists and some racists. Religion appears to be a factor as the vast majority of right wing terror attacks are committed by Christians. The vast majority of white supremacists are Christians, those that attack clinics, homosexuals, their property and businesses are almost always Christian. Do you think religion is the reason for right wing terror or just one of many factors?

Many right wing terror incidents are rooted in religion, but others are certainly just based on a messed up ideology. Christians have killed innocents based on their religious views, Christians have killed each other based on their sect, Christians have also killed innocents for reasons based on factors unrelated to their religion, like anarchists and some racists. Religion appears to be a factor as the vast majority of right wing terror attacks are committed by Christians. The vast majority of white supremacists are Christians, those that attack clinics, homosexuals, their property and businesses are almost always Christian. Do you think religion is the reason for right wing terror or just one of many factors?

Forty people were murdered by a Muslim suicide bomber yesterday at a soccer stadium. 65+ were murdered today at a kids fair in Pakistan.

There is simply no comparing the danger of 'right wing' terrorists, even if they are terrorists, with that of Muslim terrorists.

Edited by Argus

Even if we use your links that show that right-wing terrorists/zeolots have been responsible for 48 deaths in the past 15 years - those murders/killings have been almost exclusively targeted directly at their subject of hate - not some attempt to subjugate or kill all who disagree with their ideology. What you and others fail to acknowledge, fail to admit if not fail to see - is that there are many oppressed or disenfranchised people in the world who have reasons to plunge into an ISIS-like rabbit hole of hate - but they have refused to do so. Here in North America, we have African and Black Americans and Canadian Aboriginals who have overwhelming reasons to feel oppressed and disenfranchised. What's the difference? The difference is that Islam is an "enabler" for any Muslim who is dis-satisfied with their lot in life. It provides loose interpretations of the right to kill. There is no other distinction. The religion of peace can just as easily be interpreted as the religion of authorized murder.

Most times "right wingers" just don't meet the requirements. Look at that mob that invaded the memorial service in Brussels today. Chanted a few slogans, threw a punch or two before being chased off by a water cannon. Not a suicide vest among them. You could tell their hearts weren't in it, really.

Now, while all this was going on in Brussels this week, some guy left my home town, in England, travelled a couple of hundred miles to Glasgow, and killed a Muslim because 1) he was the wrong Muslim, and 2) he'd posted something nice about Christians on Facebook. That shows some determination.

(Granted, these are preliminary reports as the investigation is ongoing, but The Independent is usually fairly reliable)

Edited by bcsapper

Even if we use your links that show that right-wing terrorists/zeolots have been responsible for 48 deaths in the past 15 years - those murders/killings have been almost exclusively targeted directly at their subject of hate - not some attempt to subjugate or kill all who disagree with their ideology. What you and others fail to acknowledge, fail to admit if not fail to see - is that there are many oppressed or disenfranchised people in the world who have reasons to plunge into an ISIS-like rabbit hole of hate - but they have refused to do so. Here in North America, we have African and Black Americans and Canadian Aboriginals who have overwhelming reasons to feel oppressed and disenfranchised. What's the difference? The difference is that Islam is an "enabler" for any Muslim who is dis-satisfied with their lot in life. It provides loose interpretations of the right to kill. There is no other distinction. The religion of peace can just as easily be interpreted as the religion of authorized murder.

We all know that there are a lot of killings in many of the Muslim majority nations. Why do they mainly kill other Muslims? Also why is it that those racists, misogynists, homophobes, etc. types that we all know exist in the ME in record numbers, are primarily Christian in this part of the world? Why is the percentage of Christians in those dirt bag categories I listed much higher than the general population? Does Christianity make people evil? Or could it be something else? Why are people from certain areas of the US also more likely to be Christian, misogynist, racist and homophobic? Thoughts?

Edited by Guest

We all know that there are a lot of killings in many of the Muslim majority nations. Why do they mainly kill other Muslims? Also why is it that those racists, misogynists, homophobes, etc. types that we all know exist in the ME in record numbers, are primarily Christian in this part of the world? Why is the percentage of Christians in those dirt bag categories I listed much higher than the general population? Does Christianity make people evil? Or could it be something else? Why are people from certain areas of the US also more likely to be Christian, misogynist, racist and homophobic? Thoughts?

I gave you my thoughts - and you continue to ignore them - but it's clear you have an apologist agenda. No one but Islamic extremists run around with suicide vests, lopping off heads, burning people alive - all in the name of their religion. Homophobes? Try being gay in a Muslim nation. Racists? Try being a non-believer - an infidel. Misogyny? See if North American women would like to be forced to wear a niqab or stay inside without the company of a male relative. Slick - give it a rest.....there is no excuse - no rational for indiscriminate murder and mayhem. As I said - Islam is the "enabler". Islam is the "excuse" for their heinous actions. As I said - Black Americans have not stooped to that level. Neither have our aboriginals - or the American Indian - or Australian Aboriginals - and they arguably have suffered more than the nutbars that make up this ungodly scourge. Edited by SunnyWays

I gave you my thoughts - and you continue to ignore them - but it's clear you have an apologist agenda. No one but Islamic extremists run around with suicide vests, lopping off heads, burning people alive - all in the name of their religion. Homophobes? Try being gay in a Muslim nation. Racists? Try being a non-believer - an infidel. Misogyny? See if North American women would like to be forced to wear a niqab or stay inside without the company of a male relative. Slick - give it a rest.....there is no excuse - no rational for indiscriminate murder and mayhem. As I said - Islam is the "enabler". Islam is the "excuse" for their heinous actions. As I said - Black Americans have not stooped to that level. Neither have our aboriginals - or the American Indian - or Australian Aboriginals - and they arguably have suffered more than the nutbars that make up this ungodly scourge.

I don't deny that religion is the mother load of bad ideas with Islam leading the pack. I don't deny that Jihadists and Islamists are currently the pinnacle of terror problems. But, why is that Christians tend to lead so many of the ugly categories, here in a stable, rich, comfortable part of the world? Should we blame Christianity? Or could there be something else going on?

I don't deny that religion is the mother load of bad ideas with Islam leading the pack. I don't deny that Jihadists and Islamists are currently the pinnacle of terror problems. But, why is that Christians tend to lead so many of the ugly categories, here in a stable, rich, comfortable part of the world? Should we blame Christianity? Or could there be something else going on?

I think you can blame Christianity for some things. It's not a change in Christianity that has "enlightened" us, rather the move away from the most fundamental aspects of the dogma towards just going to Church on Sunday and taking the occasional day off. This is for most believers, not all.

When other parts of the world succeed in relegating their religious beliefs in such a manner we will be a lot better off.

I think you can blame Christianity for some things. It's not a change in Christianity that has "enlightened" us, rather the move away from the most fundamental aspects of the dogma towards just going to Church on Sunday and taking the occasional day off. This is for most believers, not all.

When other parts of the world succeed in relegating their religious beliefs in such a manner we will be a lot better off.

I know and I don't Christianity. I just wanted to see if those who blame Islam for everything would comment on why the morally deplorable in the West are primarily Christian. If the culture in the south could lead to racism, misogyny, homophobia, etc. with Christianity just playing a small roll then maybe the same is possible for Islam. Millions of Muslims in our midst don't seem to be problem, so maybe it's the culture in some ME nations that needs fixing. However, some are really stuck on the idea of Christians vs Muslims or White vs Brown. It's too bad.

Edited by Guest