testing testing

Argus

So why would anything I post here go in instantly, but when I try to post to the Canada's relations with Israel topic under federal politics it just freezes up while saying 'saving'. Even if I go away for ten minutes and come back? Tried with two different browsers, too.

Okay, after experimenting, it turns out what I was trying to post was missing one closed quotation. Once I fixed it it posted normally. But that does not explain why the system cannot handle too many quotes as it usually does.

Try a different web browser. Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc.

I did. Didn't make any difference till I added in the end quote. Weird. Usually you just get a fully enclosed post, which tells you you need to find the missing quote.

But that does not explain why the system cannot handle too many quotes as it usually does.

What do you want to post? Send us a Personal Message of what you want to post and we will help you.

Do you want to create a new Opening Post to start a new thread?

or

Do you want to post a response inside an existing thread?

There is something weird going on with the postings. I have had to repeat posts that included quotes because they disappeared after I posted them and when I edit an existing post, it duplicates it. Not sure if it's an iPhone issue or not.

Some posts have been taken down recently because they were clear violations of the forum rules.

We take down posts that serve no constructive purpose in a discussion.

We take down posts with no original commentary.

We take down posts that are nothing but a quotation or a link with no original commentary provided by the poster.

We take down personal attacks and drive-by trolling as well.

What do you want to post? Send us a Personal Message of what you want to post and we will help you.

Do you want to create a new Opening Post to start a new thread?

or

Do you want to post a response inside an existing thread?

Some posts have been taken down recently because they were clear violations of the forum rules.

We take down posts that serve no constructive purpose in a discussion.

We take down posts with no original commentary.

We take down posts that are nothing but a quotation or a link with no original commentary provided by the poster.

We take down personal attacks and drive-by trolling as well.

What a huge disappointment in your response. I corrected a link to an article from an original post and I posted excerpts from that post and I also included my own commentary and it was deleted. I was not informed so I was left trying to figure out wtf went wrong.

In any event, I'm done here.