Trudeau's First Moves

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to get back to talking about Trudeau's policies at any point or should I just stop coming back to this thread now?

One of the points in the OP was Trudeau's steps moving forward. I asked about his phone call to Oboma to discontinue ISIS bombing, now that there seems to be a real, credible threat of ISIS bombing international flights, so I think this is in line with the OP. Unless the OP should be further refined.

How about we just talk over it?

So i'm impressed so far that he has kept his promises about the composition of cabinet (and kept Bill Blair out as well), about being open to the media (talking to them as he walked between buildings in Ottawa), and actually moving forward with his ideas on the Senate. On the latter point, he may (I'm not entirely certain) be the first PM in a long time, maybe ever, to not have a government leader in the Senate as well. It's been an entirely different week in Ottawa than it has been for the last 10 years and I don't even particularly like the Liberal Party.

Both are full of people with largely the same views as the people they/we are fighting. Where the true allegiances of many lie is also troubling. That's the problem.

So you're suggesting the Iraqi Government and the Kurdish people want to wage a Holy War against the West? :o

If so, why is Trudeau in such a rush to bring 25k of them over here?

If so, why is Trudeau in such a rush to bring 25k of them over here?

I have never been supportive of that. I believe very strongly that we should be doing more around the world in both a humanitarian and military role. Bringing refugees here and bombing ISIS is not part of what I support.

So i'm impressed so far that he has kept his promises about the composition of cabinet (and kept Bill Blair out as well), about being open to the media (talking to them as he walked between buildings in Ottawa), and actually moving forward with his ideas on the Senate. On the latter point, he may (I'm not entirely certain) be the first PM in a long time, maybe ever, to not have a government leader in the Senate as well. It's been an entirely different week in Ottawa than it has been for the last 10 years and I don't even particularly like the Liberal Party.

The OP clearly is vague. Perhaps it should be disbanded?

One of the points in the OP was Trudeau's steps moving forward. I asked about his phone call to Oboma to discontinue ISIS bombing, now that there seems to be a real, credible threat of ISIS bombing international flights, so I think this is in line with the OP. Unless the OP should be further refined.

We will continue in another capacity to provide aid and support, just as we did for Iraq.

I'll tell you what I don't expect to see–pages protesting.

It struck me today, watching a clip on Facebook from CBC, how different Trudeau is from Harper. There he was, walking from Centre Block to Westblock (that looked like where he was going anyway) stopping and talking to people (the people happened to be a Liberal strategist, I'll grant you that), answering reporters questions. When did you ever see Harper outside walking around, talking to people, answering questions?

On the other hand, it must be a nightmare for the RCMP.

My thoughts exactly. ;)

And you're the reason why. You constantly derail any threads with even a hint of having anything to do with the military with your circular and socratic rhetoric and ignoring people's arguments, which is neither informative nor interesting. Excuse me for getting sick of it nearly 300 replies to this post later.

On the other hand, it must be a nightmare for the RCMP.

I was thinking the same thing when he was literally walking through the crowd of people yesterday at the swearing in. Anyone could have been in that crowd and the security looked like they had a difficult job on their hands surveying everyone around Trudeau.

Saddam had two "fairly formidable opposition" groups to his North and South for decades..........yet are you suggesting Saddam would have succeeded where Assad failed.....why is that and how?

Because he was chased into a hole in the ground then executed by people dumb enough to spend 2 trillion dollars on the project. Could that be it?

ROFLMAO.

And you're the reason why. You constantly derail any threads with even a hint of having anything to do with the military with your circular and socratic rhetoric and ignoring people's arguments, which is neither informative nor interesting. Excuse me for getting sick of it nearly 300 replies to this post later.

But it's not your role to determine who is responsible for derailing a thread. I didn't find any offense to anything posted in this thread. I find it informative and it's kind of a drag that you imposed your judgements without providing any substance to the thread.