LPC Campaign Co-Chair Advises TransCanada

That's just it, an investigation should be conducted.......just as there was an investigation conducted of the alleged affairs of Bruce Carson.......Sauce for the Goose and all.

It would be good if the investigation included whoever leaked the email. It's just really lucky for one party that this came out a few days before the election and all. And if one party were involved in dirty tricks, well I'm sure we'd all like to know that, wouldn't we.

Accountability and transparency and all.

Edited by ReeferMadness

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be good if the investigation included whoever leaked the email. It's just really lucky for one party that this came out a few days before the election and all.

What does that mater? Are you opposed to whistle blowing? "Leaking emails" between two parties in not illegal.

Luck for one party? Who do you think stands to gain from this? The Tories that already have a friendly relationship with "Big Oil" and support pipelines, or the NDP, a party that needs to plug the leaks in its Quebec base that opposes Energy East?

I don't see how this would directly benefit the Tories, but I can count numerous ways it would benefit the NDP in anti-pipeline Quebec and British Columbia, both regions with numerous tight Liberal/NDP races.

What does that mater? Are you opposed to whistle blowing? "Leaking emails" between two parties in not illegal.

Luck for one party? Who do you think stands to gain from this? The Tories that already have a friendly relationship with "Big Oil" and support pipelines, or the NDP, a party that needs to plug the leaks in its Quebec base that opposes Energy East?

I don't see how this would directly benefit the Tories, but I can count numerous ways it would benefit the NDP in anti-pipeline Quebec and British Columbia, both regions with numerous tight Liberal/NDP races.

It's quite obvious how it could benefit the tories, except they can't really take advantage of it too much whilst they have their own skeletons in the closet, such as Bruce Carson.

It's quite obvious how it could benefit the tories, except they can't really take advantage of it too much whilst they have their own skeletons in the closet, such as Bruce Carson.

So you're stating the Tories would benefit, but they can't.......brilliant.

What's next, did the Tories trick the Liberals into hiring an employee of TransCanada in 2014 as their campaign co-chair/adviser, then have him communicate a week from the election, with other TransCanada officials as to how best lobby a Trudeau Government? :lol:

I'm opposed to dirty tricks at election time and one party has clearly demonstrated it is best at that. And once we have all the facts, Elections Canada can determine whether any laws were broken.

Really? You really can't figure it out? Yes the tories do have a very friendly relationship with Big Oil and that's why when an email that goes to "big oil" winds up in the hands of the media, I wonder who sent it and why. Surely you can't be against transparency and accountability.

Well, Harper clearly thinks it will benefit the Tories because he's been playing it for all it's worth. Maybe you should ask him.

So you're stating the Tories would benefit, but they can't.......brilliant.

What's next, did the Tories trick the Liberals into hiring an employee of TransCanada in 2014 as their campaign co-chair/adviser, then have him communicate a week from the election, with other TransCanada officials as to how best lobby a Trudeau Government? :lol:

Perhaps you don't understand the Carson connection which snubs Harper from trying to make much of a issue of the Gagnier thing.

I'm opposed to dirty tricks at election time and one party has clearly demonstrated it is best at that. And once we have all the facts, Elections Canada can determine whether any laws were broken.

What dirty trick? A week from an election, the Liberal party co-chair, also an employee of TransCanada, discussed with other officials how best to lobby a Liberal Government.......that's quite a Black-Op

Really? You really can't figure it out? Yes the tories do have a very friendly relationship with Big Oil and that's why when an email that goes to "big oil" winds up in the hands of the media, I wonder who sent it and why. Surely you can't be against transparency and accountability.

At one point, Mr Gagnier was also a senior official with Rio Tinto ALCAN (No Joke)

I'm all for "transparency and accountability", as such, would love nothing more than to know the full extent of the conversations between the Liberal Party of Canada and TransCanada.

Well, Harper clearly thinks it will benefit the Tories because he's been playing it for all it's worth. Maybe you should ask him.

Is he, I thought he was playing Price is Right with the Ford brothers? I know Mulcair was today, likewise, an NDP MP has called for an official investigation with the ethics watchdog .........None the less, I fully expect all parties to "play it for all its worth"........that is politics.......

So you see it as the tempest in a teapot that it is then.

No, quite the opposite, and is why more information was reported today in the MSM (His being an employee of TransCanada, well working for the Liberals, the Liberals knowing his relationships with "Big Oil" prior, and that other companies are likely in contact with the LPC)

No, quite the opposite, and is why more information was reported today in the MSM (His being an employee of TransCanada, well working for the Liberals, the Liberals knowing his relationships with "Big Oil" prior, and that other companies are likely in contact with the LPC)

Granted there is a tinge of bad optics, but no laws/rules were broken. And Carson is in court so Harper doesn't dare stick his neck out. So, tempest in a teapot. I suspect the Ford bros. hosting this little CPC get together this weekend will get way more press.

Edited by On Guard for Thee

All I'm saying at the moment is I haven't seen any actual evidence of either a breach of the act or the code of ethics guidelines. I'm sure the other parties will be doing everything they can to ensure that it's investigated.

And I'm interested in knowing who leaked the email. The theory that they leaked it themselves is dumb. I don't think you can rule out the possibility of a Conservative setup. They stand to gain most by this coming out a few days before the election.

You sound exactly like the partisans who were defending Nigel Wright....

The email was leaked by someone at the oil company/group apparently.... but who cares? That is WAY less important than the actions of a lobbyist who is working inside the Liberal campaign feeding information to oil companies about who to lobby in the Liberal party... and potentially still working as a lobbyist himself, which is illegal.

Granted there is a tinge of bad optics, but no laws/rules were broken. And Carson is in court so Harper doesn't dare stick his neck out. So, tempest in a teapot. I suspect the Ford bros. hosting this little CPC get together this weekend will get way more press.

How would you know that no laws were broken before this is even investigated? That's what the partisan hacks said about Wright... you're no different.

How would you know that no laws were broken before this is even investigated? That's what the partisan hacks said about Wright... you're no different.

Quite simple. We have the full email Gagnier sent and we know what his position allowed him to do, and not to do. We still have no clear idea what all went on in the PMO regarding the Duffy episode.

Edited by On Guard for Thee

The email was leaked by someone at the oil company/group apparently.... but who cares? That is WAY less important than the actions of a lobbyist who is working inside the Liberal campaign feeding information to oil companies about who to lobby in the Liberal party... and potentially still working as a lobbyist himself, which is illegal.

Easy, big guy.

You see how Derek is enjoying this? Who benefits from a wedge driven between the Liberals and the NDP? Figure that out and then it might be easy to figure out who leaked the email.

You might not like the Liberals but there is no way in hell the NDP is going to form a government next week. So until you have some actual evidence of wrong doing, you're only helping the Harper gang by going off the deep end.

At the very least, those who Mr Gagnier was in contact with at TransCanada, could be required via a production order from the courts to provide any and all emails.......

For your own reading, the RCMP info/pdf to obtain a production order on Bruce Carson.......of note, points 58 on contain communications between Mr Carson and Mr Gagnier, pertaining to lobbying the then Quebec Liberal Government (That Mr Gagnier was then employed by) over "energy strategy"

Now if the RCMP had enough info on Carson to launch the cited investigation (that resulted in charges), I fail to see why they shouldn't dig around in this mater......

Edited by Derek 2.0

At the very least, those who Mr Gagnier was in contact with at TransCanada, could be required via a production order from the courts to provide any and all emails.......

For your own reading, the RCMP info/pdf to obtain a production order on Bruce Carson.......of note, points 58 on contain communications between Mr Carson and Mr Gagnier, pertaining to lobbying the then Quebec Liberal Government (That Mr Gagnier was then employed by) over "energy strategy"

Now if the RCMP had enough info on Carson to launch the cited investigation (that resulted in charges), I fail to see why they shouldn't dig around in this mater......

Not enough time to change the polls around and i dont think too many people are paying attention as the electorate is pretty much decided.

And when you know that he's a lobbyist, you might have a point. I'm not defending anyone - just pointing out at the moment, there isn't much information.

Easy, big guy.

You see how Derek is enjoying this? Who benefits from a wedge driven between the Liberals and the NDP? Figure that out and then it might be easy to figure out who leaked the email.

You might not like the Liberals but there is no way in hell the NDP is going to form a government next week. So until you have some actual evidence of wrong doing, you're only helping the Harper gang by going off the deep end.

My thoughts on policing the integrity of public officials goes way beyond partisan lines. If the Tories benefit because the Liberals are doing something shady, so be it. Thems the breaks! You would excuse the bad behaviour because it's your guy doing it.... no differnet than the Harper supporters.

My thoughts on policing the integrity of public officials goes way beyond partisan lines. If the Tories benefit because the Liberals are doing something shady, so be it. Thems the breaks! You would excuse the bad behaviour because it's your guy doing it.... no differnet than the Harper supporters.

Yeah, because having the Conservatives back in power will be so great for integrity. If the Liberals are doing something shady, then get upset. And I'll join you. But making accusations when you know nothing is only helping Harper.

You don't know squat. You're running around making accusations and you know nothing. Nada. Zero. It's called unsubstantiated allegations.

And who will benefit from the unsubstantiated allegations?

The timing is not good for a sea change. Unless a high ranking official says an investigation is immediately started, the libs essentially win. I dont want the libs to win, but thats tea leaves.

Easy, big guy.

Who benefits? If the Liberals are engaged in illegal activity and are caught, I would think all Canadians would benefit.

ou might not like the Liberals but there is no way in hell the NDP is going to form a government next week. So until you have some actual evidence of wrong doing, you're only helping the Harper gang by going off the deep end.

They might not form the Government, but the NDP could very well hold the balance of power......frankly, if the Liberals were to be proven to be engaged in illegal influence peddling with "Big Oil", I fail to see the upside of the NDP jumping into bed with them....

Who benefits? If the Liberals are engaged in illegal activity and are caught, I would think all Canadians would benefit.

They might not form the Government, but the NDP could very well hold the balance of power......frankly, if the Liberals were to be proven to be engaged in illegal influence peddling with "Big Oil", I fail to see the upside of the NDP jumping into bed with them....

So pathetic.... the most corrupt administration in Canadian history and the Cons would do anything to keep their grasp on power. Including, no doubt get their oil buddies to release an email a couple days before an election.

Not enough time to change the polls around and i dont think too many people are paying attention as the electorate is pretty much decided.

I wouldn't be so sure......and people are paying attention, thats why the MSM has been talking about it for two days now, and why both the CPC and NDP will be talking about for the remaining days.....as Andrew Coyne put it, the Liberals can say good-bye to any prospective Majority now......