Greece? Add about 4% to Harper's Numbers

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that Germany uses PR too, right? I'm not even a big supporter of PR but this is a silly argument against it.

Not everything is universally bad at all times, but the Greece example shows that the cautions of how had PR can go is not just fear-mongering. It's a system that has huge risks that can and do happen.

No, but you spinning this as though it's some official NDP policy, rather than the opinion of a Greek woman is CPC propaganda.

Is not Ashton well placed in the NDP party? If, for example, Jason Kenny spoke out against the recent Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage via Twitter, would not the NDP be up in arms?

Remember when you called me a blind partisan (or something to that effect) a few weeks ago? Well at least I admit it ;)

Is not Ashton well placed in the NDP party? If, for example, Jason Kenny spoke out against the recent Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage via Twitter, would not the NDP be up in arms?

Remember when you called me a blind partisan (or something to that effect) a few weeks ago? Well at least I admit it ;)

If a cabinet minister speaks about anything it is government policy. Anything a cabinet minister says is the official word of the government. That's very different from Niki Ashton making a comment on Twitter of all places about a serious issue in a country where her mother was born and Niki herself was married. Furthermore, it's only an issue if you believe that a "no" vote is problematic for some reason. The only thing you mentioned is Greece defaulting on loans, but you give no responsibility to creditors. You also make no mention of the fact that Germany did just that a number of years ago following two World Wars and crippling debt. Where's Germany now? I don't know how anyone can look at this situation and think the proper "medicine" is for Greece to be crippled by a loan repayment scheme that makes it virtually impossible for their economy to grow and will assuredly expand inequality and unemployment in the country. Though, I wouldn't expect anyone from the party that couldn't give a crap about working class people to understand why that's a problem. So long as the banks and creditors get their money, who gives a crap about the Greek economy recovering (/s).

Edited by cybercoma

If a cabinet minister speaks about anything it is government policy. Anything a cabinet minister says is the official word of the government. That's very different from Niki Ashton making a comment on Twitter of all places about a serious issue in a country where her mother was born and Niki herself was married.

In an NDP Government, would not Ashton be named to the cabinet?

She's in the shadow cabinet. Following his logic then, not paying our creditors is now NDP policy.

Likewise Mulcair's previous support of Canada contributing to the IMF Greek bailout.................

One wanted to give a bunch of bums money and the other supported the bums not paying back other countries money...........

She's in the shadow cabinet. Following his logic then, not paying our creditors is now NDP policy.

It's not following "my logic." That's the way governments in this country work. Any public statements by Cabinet Ministers is government official government policy. They must speak in unison on topics and that's why, at least in the past, you would have cabinet ministers resign when they disagreed with the PMO. The shadow cabinet is not any sort of official body and does not always speak to the opposition party's policies.

It's not following "my logic." That's the way governments in this country work. Any public statements by Cabinet Ministers is government official government policy. They must speak in unison on topics and that's why, at least in the past, you would have cabinet ministers resign when they disagreed with the PMO. The shadow cabinet is not any sort of official body and does not always speak to the opposition party's policies.

The shadow cabinet is there to hold the government to account and to propose an alternative. If something doesn't have the backing of their party they won't be in their position for long.

The shadow cabinet is there to hold the government to account and to propose an alternative. If something doesn't have the backing of their party they won't be in their position for long.

The rules about the actual cabinet are not there for shadow cabinets. There are no rules about shadow cabinets. The opposition doesn't even have to form one.

How about instead of parroting stupid nonsense about this being NDP policy, you show me where it's written anywhere that this is their official position and not a Greek woman's opinion about the situation in her mother's country?

How much do the rotten Tory and Liberal Senators owe again? And why did Mulcair claim over $12000 in accommodation expense claims........when he lives in a free house well in Ottawa? :huh:

Gee, Derek, let's think about that for half a second. Why do you suppose the opposition leader would have accommodation expenses? It's not like he has to travel anywhere, eh?

The rules about the actual cabinet are not there for shadow cabinets. There are no rules about shadow cabinets. The opposition doesn't even have to form one.

How about instead of parroting stupid nonsense about this being NDP policy, you show me where it's written anywhere that this is their official position and not a Greek woman's opinion about the situation in her mother's country?

If you can take any offhand remark by a cabinet minister as being government policy, written or not, then I can point out what a hypocrite you're being.

Gee, Derek, let's think about that for half a second. Why do you suppose the opposition leader would have accommodation expenses? It's not like he has to travel anywhere, eh?

Odd, I suppose Mulcair travels more than Harper, Trudeau and May combined, since his expense far exceed the other's expenses.....