California Republicans reach out to women!

Really? A big fat liar? I can only assume that you have a source that says all the merchandise is vetted; that every single button that's for sale has been vetted. So source, please.

All vendors would have been vetted. The merchandise sold would be stated on the application.

Aint no other way about it.

Now, the vendor (and of course NOT unknown) may have snuck some stuff in but chances are thought it would go over well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

I know he didn't - just as I know the GOP didn't approve of the Hillary pins. But a lot of people claimed Obama did call Palin a pig as others said it was a stupid thing for him to have said because people would think he called her a pig - just as a lot of people are claiming that the Hillary pins were vetted by the GOP and/or representative of the GOP....

I know he didn't - just as I know the GOP didn't approve of the Hillary pins. But a lot of people claimed Obama did call Palin a pig as others said it was a stupid thing for him to have said because people would think he called her a pig - just as a lot of people are claiming that the Hillary pins were vetted by the GOP and/or representative of the GOP....

I have a very hard time believing they did not know the vendor planned to have those pins but even allowing that the vendor did not clear his wares with the organizers, the organizers were neglect in not inspecting all vendors before the doors were opened. The GOP organizers were remiss in not removing them before a reporter saw them.

I have a very hard time believing they did not know the vendor planned to have those pins but even allowing that the vendor did not clear his wares with the organizers, the organizers were neglect in not inspecting all vendors before the doors were opened. The GOP organizers were remiss in not removing them before a reporter saw them.

You really shouldnt have a hard time believing that any organizer had knowledge of the pins. I doubt the vendor let anyone of import know.

Now you can be upset they languished out there for a spell since thats what the floor manager is supposed to ensure. This part is the neglect.

I certainly don't claim this is representative of Republicans as a whole. But it's certainly representative of some within the party. Many Republicans are themselves aware of what a serious problem they have. Remember Bobby Jindal after the election, pleading for his fellow Republicans to "stop being the Stupid Party"? This is exactly the kind of thing he was talking about.

Unfortunately for Bobby, they can't stop being the Stupid Party, because they've got too many Stupid People shooting off their mouths.

-k

Including their "leaders". How someone like this can get elected is just beyond me. She certainly couldn't in Canada.

Michelle Bachman says she believes in Jesus Christ and that we're in the 'end times' because Obama is funding Al quaeda. Rejoice!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/michele-bachmann-end-times_n_4060063.html

Michelle Bachman excited about shut down, says it's exactly what they wanted.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2013/09/michele_bachmann_very_excited_about_govt_shutdown_says_its_exactly_what_we_wanted.php

Edited by Argus

Michelle Bachmann is a real piece of work. It's baffling how people like that get elected.

And how do you negotiate with people like this? They're not operating on the same frame of refence as ordinary people. They're happy if the government is shut down, and believe the end times are near anyway.

Guest American Woman

Including their "leaders". How someone like this can get elected is just beyond me. She certainly couldn't in Canada.

This guy got elected in Canada:

“What the hell do I want to go to a place like Mombasa? Snakes just scare the hell out of me. I’m sort of scared about going there, but the wife is really nervous. I just see myself in a pot of boiling water with all these natives dancing around me.”

- Toronto Mayor Mel Lastman prior to departing for Kenya to promote Toronto’s 2008 Olympic bid.

And how do you negotiate with people like this? They're not operating on the same frame of refence as ordinary people. They're happy if the government is shut down, and believe the end times are near anyway.

The short answer is you don't. You really just can't negotiate with them. Edited by cybercoma

I think some of you will enjoy this bit of satirical writing, others maybe not so much. :)

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an escalation of the stalemate gripping Washington, House Republicans voted today to shut down the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain that controls reasoning and impulses.

The resolution, which passed with heavy Tea Party support, calls for a partial shutdown of the brain, leaving the medulla and cerebellum, sometimes referred to as the “reptilian brain,” up and running.

The Tea Party caucus cheered the passage of the bill, which was sponsored by Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, who called the measure “long overdue.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/10/republicans-shut-down-prefrontal-cortex.html

“What the hell do I want to go to a place like Mombasa? Snakes just scare the hell out of me. I’m sort of scared about going there, but the wife is really nervous. I just see myself in a pot of boiling water with all these natives dancing around me.”

- Toronto Mayor Mel Lastman prior to departing for Kenya to promote Toronto’s 2008 Olympic bid.

He did, but then again, he was joking when he said that.

Theres a huge difference

Do you really think a poorly timed, politically incorrect joke by a character like Lastman is the same as someone like Bachman who doesn't even believe in government?

Guest American Woman

Do you really think a poorly timed, politically incorrect joke by a character like Lastman is the same as someone like Bachman who doesn't even believe in government?

Stupid is as stupid does.

I think the comparison between Mel Lastman and Michele Bachmann illustrates the difference between "stupid" and "absolutely out of your skull bughouse loco completely mentally insane."

Bachmann is only a couple of steps away from believing that her toaster is telling her to do things. Hopefully she's off the House Committee on Tactical Intelligence before then.

-k

Michelle Bachman says she believes in Jesus Christ and that we're in the 'end times' because Obama is funding Al quaeda. Rejoice!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/michele-bachmann-end-times_n_4060063.html

Argus! Stop! You're persecuting her religious beliefs! STAHP! They could be logical!!

-k

Guest American Woman

I think the comparison between Mel Lastman and Michele Bachmann illustrates the difference between "stupid" and "absolutely out of your skull bughouse loco completely mentally insane."

And I think what Lastman said was just as absolutely, mind boggling, mud dumb stupid.

Bachmann is only a couple of steps away from believing that her toaster is telling her to do things. Hopefully she's off the House Committee on Tactical Intelligence before then.

Her toaster? Really? While Lastman said he was afraid he was going to meet up with cannibalistic savages in Mombasa.

As I said, stupid is as stupid does. Idiots can - and do - get elected in Canada, too.

And I think what Lastman said was just as absolutely, mind boggling, mud dumb stupid.

Her toaster? Really? While Lastman said he was afraid he was going to meet up with cannibalistic savages in Mombasa.

As I said, stupid is as stupid does. Idiots can - and do - get elected in Canada, too.

The reason you are bringing Lastman into this seems to be the kind of knee-jerk "I MUST DEFEND AMERICA" attitude we've seen from you so often in the past. Lastman told an inapropriate joke but by and large, over a very long career he was an intelligent, moderate and capable politician. Bachman's behavior has been anything but. And while Lastman at no time believed there were cannibals in Kenya he'd run afoul of it's just as clear Bachmann actually believes the absurdities she spouts.

Guest American Woman

The reason you are bringing Lastman into this seems to be the kind of knee-jerk "I MUST DEFEND AMERICA" attitude we've seen from you so often in the past. Lastman told an inapropriate joke but by and large, over a very long career he was an intelligent, moderate and capable politician. Bachman's behavior has been anything but. And while Lastman at no time believed there were cannibals in Kenya he'd run afoul of it's just as clear Bachmann actually believes the absurdities she spouts.

Stockwell Day believes the absurdities he spouts, too. He was also elected in Canada.

I was trying to give a different example of stupid since some of you only seem to recognize stupid when religion is involved. There's all kinds of stupid, including Lastman's.

Edited by American Woman

Stockwell Day believes the absurdities he spouts, too. He was also elected in Canada.

I was trying to give a different example of stupid since some of you only seem to recognize stupid when religion is involved. There's all kinds of stupid, including Lastman's.

But we're not just talking about stupid. We're talking about shrill and hateful.