J Trudeau Promises to Extend Immigration for Family Class

I wasn't defending McGuinty, I was simply pointing out that most of the current problem in Ontario was not caused in Ontario.

I'm afraid your words prove you are defending him. None but the most dedicated Liberal supporters are pointing right at McGuinty. There is considerable "politicing" from the critics - that's for sure - but from what I've seen and read McGuinty's government was a snafu even if only half was true.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid your words prove you are defending him.

Well, the reality is, it wasn't all his fault. Governments across Canada increased spending by massive amounts over the same period - all of them. McGunity wasn't very good as premier, but then, he was handed the most shitty of circumstances.

Well, the reality is, it wasn't all his fault. Governments across Canada increased spending by massive amounts over the same period - all of them. McGunity wasn't very good as premier, but then, he was handed the most shitty of circumstances.

Nonsense. According to him they inherited a $5b deficit. In reality it was more like $2b, but never mind. Over the following ten years he blew it up to over $21b, despite all the accounting games the've played . The provincial debt went from $136 - $252b, almost doubling. Program spending increased from $70b-114b, well above inflation every year. And then there's his green energy nightmare which all ontarions are going to be paying off for decades with hugely increased electricity costs.

Edited by Argus

And similar things have happened in most provinces. Look at Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec...it's not just Ontario.

Sorry Smallc, but you don't know what you're talking about. McGuinty inherited a province in pretty good shape. A small deficit compared to what it was in which the previous government inhereited. A province with an upgraded credit rating, a province with a better business climate than the sorrounding provinces and states. He turned all that around. Increasing spending by over 7 percent EVERY YEAR. Not only did he balloon the deficit and debt, but he did it at the same time he raised taxes!

Yes, all provinces were increasing spending at rapid rates. That's why all of them are running huge deficits that happened only after the recession, the same as in Ontario.

My point is that as horrible as McGuinty may be, blaming him for everything is pretty stupid.

Edited by Smallc

Yes, all provinces were increasing spending at rapid rates. That's why all of them are running huge deficits that happened only after the recession, the same as in Ontario.

My point is that as horrible as McGuinty may be, blaming him for everything is pretty stupid.

No, McGuinty's big spending increases took place long before the recession.

No, McGuinty's big spending increases took place long before the recession.

That's the point I'm making. Every province was doing the same thing pre recession. That's why they all ended up with massive deficits.

That's the point I'm making. Every province was doing the same thing pre recession. That's why they all ended up with massive deficits.

No, they all didn't. And Ontario wasn't until he was elected. Bad mismanagement elsewhere isn't an excuse for bad mismanagement by him and his government. Stop trying to make excuses for him and stop trying to tell people that actually had to, and have to live under his mismanagement that they shouldn't be upset. If you're so enamoured with him, then vote him as your premier. If not, then be quiet. Edited by Shady

No, they all didn't.

Which ones didn't?

And Ontario wasn't until he was elected.

Ummm...what? He was elected a decade ago. We're talking about post 2008 here.

Bad mismanagement elsewhere isn't an excuse for bad mismanagement by him and his government.

I've made no such excuses. All I've said is placing all of the blame squarely on him is completely wrong.

If not, then be quiet.

Give it a rest.

Asian countries for Asians.
African countries for Africans.
White countries for everybody!

It is said that there is this RACE problem. It is said that this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of people from the third world and "assimilating" with them.

It is said that the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem, but rather the final solution to the BLACK problem?

How long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn't object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I'm a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist, but they're really anti-white.

Anti-racist is just a code word for anti-white.