Harper's downfall: Venom and corruption

roy baty, on 20 May 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

$100m. That's a little light isn't it? Also, please show us the auditor general report showing the $3.1B you claim has gone missing. Your conspiracy theories are just that: theory.

The 3.1 billion has been reported on. Many times. You sure you are paying attention?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/04/30/pol-auditor-general-spring-report-federal-spending.html

The federal government needs to do better at tracking and evaluating some of its program spending to ensure taxpayer dollars are being well-spent, Auditor General Michael Ferguson found in his spring report released today, and one of the most striking examples is that it can't account for $3.1 billion in anti-terrorism funding.

And that's just on the anti-terrorism budget.

Edited by GostHacked

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please. The PM doesn't vet any of his appointments. None have, nor ever will. You want the PM to be doing credit checks? Security checks? Interviews with friends and relatives? Background investigations?

He's presented with lists of names and told why he should approve them. That's the way it's always been and always will be for Harper and every other PM to come.

It doesnt matter if he was the one doing the vetting or not. He is responsible for everything the PMO does... Its his office and his job. You can only throw underlings and staffers to the wolves for so long before reasonable people question your leadership.

Does the PM vet them all himself? Duffy has always been a respected journalist and also Pamela Wallin, I don't think anyone saw this coming.

Cheating on expenses is hardly government corruption, but it would be a good time now bring up the Constitution and address major changes.

I looks like the mistake duffy made was to pay it back. That harb might be right in what he is saying, that the rules say they can do it. It could be that all these peole are right and alot of other are wrong, if true I can see the apologizing that will be going on. The media party is who has become corrupt.

Is there any way that the people of Canada can call for an early election like THIS Oct? I think the majority of Canadians don't trust and have lost completely confidence and really don't like their reactions in Question Period. I don't know what these people personalities are like (Tories) outside of the House, but they come off a really nasty bully-type people and one wonders how they ever got elected.

You are getting mixed up with the chretien government.

How about the million dollar camp set up for security where the trailers were all brought down from BC. There was one protester a little kid up on the hill with a sign, I want more cookies. How come the G8 in Ireland about 20 miles from where my family lives didn't have any trouble. They didn' t need to spend the millions that was spent in Huntsville and Toronto. It was all a set up to make sure Clement get the votes in this area and to prove how many criminals there are in Canada.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/story.html?id=8556119

The Board of Directors did not authorize any member or agent to approach the Honourable Member for Fundy-Royal (Moore) or any political person on this matter, it adds. The statement also says There was never any intention for this matter to become a political topic of discussion on the floor of the House of Commons.Moore had told the CBC earlier this week that it was Baxter who approached him with the letter. The letter was then distributed by the Prime Ministers Office to media outlets as part of an ongoing attack on Trudeau.

This is purely playing dirty politics by the PMO, on the taxpayers's dime, and embarrassing a charity in the process.

I looks like the mistake duffy made was to pay it back. That harb might be right in what he is saying, that the rules say they can do it. It could be that all these peole are right and alot of other are wrong, if true I can see the apologizing that will be going on. The media party is who has become corrupt.

Harbs case is a little different he was approved for his house in advance. It wasn't a oh I didn't know its not ok, its a you guys said it was ok now you have changed your mind so I need to put my house up for sale.

Edited by AlienB