• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And its also not true. So citation please.

Use your American media powers to find all the citations pro and con that you wish...the point is that it is even up for discussion and consideration by "millionaires" in California. It doesn't take much to be a millionaire for a California homeowner in certain markets.

Use your American media powers to find all the citations pro and con that you wish...the point is that it is even up for discussion and consideration by "millionaires" in California. It doesn't take much to be a millionaire for a California homeowner in certain markets.

I am not going searching for a point I already know isn't true. However look at me I'll support my point not with blind faith but with a scientific study. Have fun reading.

Overall, our results suggest that there seems to be little empirical reason why progressive

taxation should be the exclusive domain of the federal government (Feldstein and

Wrobel, 1998; Leigh, 2008). While in principle it is easier for tax avoiders to migrate

out of state than out of country, the reluctance of people to do so gives states signifi cant

room to tax top incomes. Indeed, we estimate that New Jersey’s new tax raises nearly

$1 billion per year and tangibly reduces income inequality, with little cost in terms of

tax flight.

http://www.stanford.edu/~cy10/public/Millionaire_Migration.pdf

I am not going searching for a point I already know isn't true. However look at me I'll support my point not with blind faith but with a scientific study. Have fun reading.

The New York Times ran with the tax flight story last month and some 'millionaires' are in fact leaving. Texas is courting this demographic from California as well. It's an issue whether you want to believe it or not from cozy Canada.

The New York Times ran with the tax flight story last month and some 'millionaires' are in fact leaving. Texas is courting this demographic from California as well. It's an issue whether you want to believe it or not from cozy Canada.

Yet here we are. One of us has a study from Standford with citations and pages of actual information, has linked to it for the other to read and dissect and one of us is still repeating the same tired story with nothing to actually support it.

Yet here we are. One of us has a study from Standford with citations and pages of actual information, has linked to it for the other to read and dissect and one of us is still repeating the same tired story with nothing to actually support it.

I think you meant 'Stanford'....see...I actually live in the United States. You don't.

I think you meant 'Stanford'....see...I actually live in the United States. You don't.

Good argument. It really makes the points you are trying to make. You live in a country where you don't even know what is going on and don't. Perfect glad we could get here because you have nothing that supports your claims. Good job.

Good argument. It really makes the points you are trying to make. You live in a country where you don't even know what is going on and don't. Perfect glad we could get here because you have nothing that supports your claims. Good job.

Thank you...I live in the reality....you only get to read about it. It's not fair.

The issue goes beyond tax flights. I think it's immoral for the government to take more than half of your income. At that point, you cease working for yourself, or your family.

Yah we know all about the sliding goal posts Shady. This is what you would be saying if the tax rate was 11%

The issue goes beyond tax flights. I think it's immoral for the government to take more than a tenth of your income. At that point, you cease working for yourself, or your family.[./quote]

That doesn't mean anything you are just picking an arbitrary number. If I make 300 million a year and the government takes half of that is my family going to suffer?

Yah we know all about the sliding goal posts Shady. This is what you would be saying if the tax rate was 11%

The issue goes beyond tax flights. I think it's immoral for the government to take more than a tenth of your income. At that point, you cease working for yourself, or your family.[./quote]

That doesn't mean anything you are just picking an arbitrary number. If I make 300 million a year and the government takes half of that is my family going to suffer?

It's not an arbitrary number. When you keep less than half of what you earn, you're essentially working for the government.

Thank you...I live in the reality....you only get to read about it. It's not fair.

I think you living in reality has to be debated because you haven't made one citation about this reality. I could tell you in Canada everyone has green hair, just because I live here doesn't make that true. You would want proof, which I should give to you, I can't of course give you that proof because i said is a lie even though I live here.

I think you living in reality has to be debated because you haven't made one citation about this reality. I could tell you in Canada everyone has green hair, just because I live here doesn't make that true. You would want proof, which I should give to you, I can't of course give you that proof because i said is a lie even though I live here.

I don't care about hair colour in Canada, nor do I take any strident position for the domestic tax policy in another nation or province. However, I do note the number of monied Canadians emigrating to the U.S. for tax reasons.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I don't care about hair colour in Canada, nor do I take any strident position for the domestic tax policy in another nation or province.

Not addressing my point. Your argument of I don't live there so I don't get a say is wrong because I get to fill out my ballot every election so I do very much get a say.

I do not believe this so the point is moot. You live in Canada by choice.

I sure do. Yet the people of our country decided even though I lived in Canada I get a right to say how the US is governed so your usual "Well your not an American so I don't actually have to have a point" argument is done for.

I sure do. Yet the people of our country decided even though I lived in Canada I get a right to say how the US is governed so your usual "Well your not an American so I don't actually have to have a point" argument is done for.

No, you are missing the larger point irrespective of alleged citizenship....YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE IN CANADA.