I doubt anyone cares, but...

The whole time, I was thinking "if that was me, I'd have decked that guy" ...up until they showed the scoreboard. :lol:

As for the thread topic, I had no idea what it was about, but a bit of Google magic revealed that Bradford City has defeated Aston Villa to reach the Premier League finals. I gather that this achievement is roughly comparable to a triple-A baseball team making it to the World Series. Wow! Congrats to your team, Sapper! :)

-k

Single A would be closer.

Thanks for the congrats, guys. I actually did do pretty much what that table tennis player did, but as I was in the middle of nowhere it wasn't noticed.

We're probably going to get smoked in the final...

When is the final? - Good luck! Have fun!

February 24th, v Swansea, who beat Chelsea today to join us in the final.

Swansea are a premier league side who should beat us handily, but you never know.

Guest American Woman
February 24th, v Swansea, who beat Chelsea today to join us in the final.

Swansea are a premier league side who should beat us handily, but you never know.

You shouldn't be talking or thinking that way...say that you are going to WIN! :) Show them a thing or two. That would be awesome. A month seems like a long time to have to wait for the final game - how come it's so far away when aren't any games left to play leading up to it?

You shouldn't be talking or thinking that way...say that you are going to WIN! smile.png Show them a thing or two. That would be awesome. A month seems like a long time to have to wait for the final game - how come it's so far away when aren't any games left to play leading up to it?

The way it's done in the UK, and most soccer playing countries is different from the US. The league championship (points total for the year), and two trophies are all played for simultaneously all season long. So my team and Swansea still have League games every weekend, and I think Swansea are still in the other trophy too.

And for the really big clubs, there will be European games to play as well. The season runs August to May and there's never a week without a game, and many weeks have two.

Guest American Woman

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it would be odd to go a whole month without any more games being played. At any rate, from what I've read, a win for your team is being compared to a fairy tale come true. Quite the accomplishment that you've come this far! - Would be great if you got the win, so give them hell!