Is this content on a government website appropriate?

I thought the federal government was supposed to be non-partisan when it comes to posting information on government (not party) website.

http://www.acdi-cida...C-111213736-54K

I figured attack ads were reserved for party website not government....

Thoughts?

Edit: It was removed from the website, but screen shots do come in handy at times :)

sxes5c.jpg

Edited by Sleipnir

It is clearly labelled as a speech by the Minister of International Cooperation.

no - it isn't... and it's not. It's a copy of Fantino's HuffPost blog entry - here:

since you live and breath the legitimacy of all that is blogWorld, I expect you have no qualms over an official Harper Conservative government website crossing boundaries to include unchallenged Fantino/CPC propaganda!

It was just pointed out to you that it's not a speech.
waldo is on ignore. Not sure what a difference it makes that it is opinion piece rather than a speech. That said, it appears to have violated some government policy and was taken down - that is fine with me too as long as the rules are consistently applied. Edited by TimG

waldo is on ignore.
huh! I'm stunned... something in the last day then? I apologize if you took umbrage to it being shown you didn't know what decadal prediction was... or that speaking of climate sensitivity in a decadal ensemble context is incorrect. Look, a lot of people were taken in by the purposeful 'paused warming' misinformation in that linked National Post article... just roll with it! Surely it couldn't have been over my comments concerning the legitimacy of 'bloggers' within the so-called post-modern categorization of 'blogScience', relative to the accepted formal scientific peer-review process... surely not that!

huh! I'm stunned... something in the last day then? I apologize if you took umbrage to it being shown you didn't know what decadal prediction was... or that speaking of climate sensitivity in a decadal ensemble context is incorrect. Look, a lot of people were taken in by the purposeful 'paused warming' misinformation in that linked National Post article... just roll with it! Surely it couldn't have been over my comments concerning the legitimacy of 'bloggers' within the so-called post-modern categorization of 'blogScience', relative to the accepted formal scientific peer-review process... surely not that!

Wrong thread.

I just checked to see if perhaps it was intended to be posted on the CPC website, but it's not there either. That part is strange, because I actually would expect a letter like that to be posted on the CPC front page, it's what they do. Makes me think that Smallc is correct that it was not intended to be posted at all, and some lower level worker picked the wrong time to show initiative.

I doubt it was the minister who put it there or even asked for it to be put there. It's far more likely that some low level bureaucrat screwed up.

Highly unlikely. I don't work at that agency, but in mine, nothing gets onto our external web site without approval from the assistant commissioner (deputy minister's) office. They are very careful indeed of anything that goes out to the public. No, most likely this was pushed on CIDA by one of Fantino's political aides in the minister's office.

waldo is on ignore. Not sure what a difference it makes that it is opinion piece rather than a speech. That said, it appears to have violated some government policy and was taken down - that is fine with me too as long as the rules are consistently applied.

LOL me too

The piece has been taken down so it really doesn't matter, someon acted and it must have been wrong. No doubt there'll be umpteen pages though.. LOL carry on

I doubt it was the minister who put it there or even asked for it to be put there. It's far more likely that some low level bureaucrat screwed up.

I wonder how many times the Conservatives get to say "Ooops! We're really sorry for that" and people will still believe them. You know, they seem to make an awful lot of "mistakes" that they need to apologize for. If they were actually making this many errors, then they look completely incompetent and I would be embarrassed to say I support them.

I wonder how many times the Conservatives get to say "Ooops! We're really sorry for that" and people will still believe them. You know, they seem to make an awful lot of "mistakes" that they need to apologize for. If they were actually making this many errors, then they look completely incompetent and I would be embarrassed to say I support them.

Those types of mistakes are so minor in the grand scheme of things.