Hilarious Human Rights Cases

Boges

We have two examples of this week.

The B.C. Human Rights Tribunal has agreed to hear a human rights case against Earls Restaurant and their Albino Rhino beer and wings.

Ikponwosa Ero, a 31-year-old immigrant from Nigeria, was born with albinism, a genetic condition that leaves those who carry the trait unable to manufacture melanin, or skin and hair pigment. Most who have the condition are legally blind, and susceptible to skin cancers and the condition is classified as a disability in Canada.

Euro is a researcher with Under the Same Sun, a charity dedicated to helping those with the condition. She said that in June 2011, the foundation’s CEO Peter Ash, a Vancouver businessman, approached Earls about changing the branding or “quietly phasing it out,” but had no success.

Albinism occurs in all racial groups in the world. It affects one in 18,000 people in North America, but is much more common in Africa, affecting up to one in 1,500 in some regions.

“Would you offer an Alzheimer’s appetizer, or a Down syndrome daiquiri?” asked Ero. Earls, which has offered the pale ale for 25 years, issued a statement defending their beer branding which reads in part: “It was named after the white Rhinoceros and the rhyming name chosen because it was both fun and whimsical in sound and denoted something rare and special — we felt proud to have such a beautiful animal, the white rhino, representing our brand.”

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2FQ1FOAdi

As a Caucasian I'm personally offended by Rickards White Larger.

The BC version of the Kangaroo court has agreed to hear this laugher of a case. Another one might appear in front of the Saskatchewan HRC soon.

http://news.national...on-bus-display/

The city of Saskatoon is facing the possibility of a human rights complaint after it refused to yank the “Merry Christmas” message from the top of its buses despite allegations of discrimination.

On Monday, local activist Ashu Solo vowed to take the matter to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission, claiming the Christmas greetings violate his right to be free from religion.

He said the salutation also favours Christianity over other religions, which is particularly problematic for Saskatoon’s immigrant community, many of whom rely on bus service.

“Christmas messages on Saskatoon Transit buses make them feel like they need to convert to Christianity to be first-class citizens,” he wrote in a complaint.

“Therefore, the Christmas messages on Saskatoon Transit buses are a forcible attempt at Christian indoctrination.”

Ward 9 councillor Tiffany Paulsen said city council didn’t spend more than five minutes coming to the decision to keep the message.

People always say the War on Christmas is fake because no one says you can't say Merry Christmas, it's just that people choose to be inclusive. I guess this clown wants to change that.

Edited by Boges

Albino Rhino is insensitive. They keep saying "white rhino", so why not call it that?

A few people picketing out front would make them change it fast. :D

People always say the War on Christmas is fake because no one says you can't say Merry Christmas, it's just that people choose to be inclusive. I guess this clown wants to change that.

This clown is just that. Nobody's being forced into religion by a public message, regardless of which religion's posting the message.

Not much to see here ... Kinda a 'bogus' thread, just a playground fornarrow thinkers and religious nuts, if you ask me.

Let the process take its course, then see if there's anything left to complain about.

Edited by jacee

Albino Rhino is insensitive. They keep saying "white rhino", so why not call it that?

A few people picketing out front would make them change it fast. biggrin.png

Why not show your outrage for the naming of the beer by boycotting the establishment instead of taking them to court? You're not forced to consume their products.

I suspect this Pub is helping the place like Hamilton BBQ joint that tried to Politically Incorrect.

http://www.thespec.c...nny-or-off-base

That story likely helped the owner with free advertising.

Edited by Boges

Why not show your outrage for the naming of the beer by boycotting the establishment instead of taking them to court?

I suspect this Pub is helping the place like Hamilton BBQ joint that tried to Politically Incorrect.

http://www.thespec.c...nny-or-off-base

That story likely helped the owner with free advertising.

I wouldn't take anybody to court, nor recommend it.

Some persistent picketers would do the trick! :D

The BC version of the Kangaroo court has agreed to hear this laugher of a case. Another one might appear in front of the Saskatchewan HRC soon.

http://news.national...on-bus-display/

not gonna lie though... down syndrome daquiri sounds pretty exciting

Let the process take its course, then see if there's anything left to complain about.

The process is a scam. The defendant has to pay out of their own pocket while the Tribunal allows someone to make any challenge for Free. We see from the Ezra Levant "Shakedown" that the whole HRC is just a way to line the pockets of the easily offended.

I listened a radio interview with Ashu Solo with interest last week. What I found particularly interesting was his opposition to relaying a secular message in a public display and his assumption that people of other religious faiths, or no faiths at all would take insult. The funny thing is that last week, when I was listening to this same argument by Mr. Solo, he declared that this practice wasn't "kosher". I wonder how kosher he feels this expressive contradiction is to the argument he's putting forward. Perhaps someone should ask him, and let him know that now that his statement is out in the public, I have a podcast of the show that I would be more than willing to submit to the human rights commission on behalf of non Jewish people everywhere.

The BC version of the Kangaroo court has agreed to hear this laugher of a case.

I can't believe this joke is proceeding. I thought we wouldn't have heard any more about it after they filed in March. Guess I was wrong.

Albino Rhino Violates Human Rights

Edited by Spiderfish

A few people picketing out front would make them change it fast. :D

I'm white.... So I'm offended by white lager.

How do you feel about Black lager? Offensive?

Albino is not an offensive or racist remark. Albino rhino stays.

The defendant has to pay out of their own pocket while the Tribunal allows someone to make any challenge for Free.

And that is the reason these ridiculous tribunals must go. It's not a joke(though the cases they see generally are) when someone has to shell out cash to defend themselves when they have broken no law.