F-35 Purchase Cancelled; CF-18 replacement process begins

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian pilots flying Canadian built Sabres. What more do you need to know?

Flying for the USAF, in Sabres owned by the US Government......what more do you need to know?

Again, thank-you for attempting to both confirm my point, well teaching me stuff I already know :lol:

Flying for the USAF, in Sabres owned by the US Government......what more do you need to know?

Again, thank-you for attempting to both confirm my point, well teaching me stuff I already know :lol:

Aside from the ineptness of some of your comments, the one I find a bit disrespectful is in your ignorance you dismiss the service of RCAF pilots in Korea. The last air to air was NOT WWII.

Aside from the ineptness of some of your comments, the one I find a bit disrespectful is in your ignorance you dismiss the service of RCAF pilots in Korea. The last air to air was NOT WWII.

You were wrong. Admit it and move on.

How did I dismiss the service of any members of the RCAF?I clearly stated pilots could have served on exchange in Korea...... The last air to air for the RCAF was WW II.........no amount of time you spend on wikipedia will change that......sorry :(

How did I dismiss the service of any members of the RCAF?I clearly stated pilots could have served on exchange in Korea...... The last air to air for the RCAF was WW II.........no amount of time you spend on wikipedia will change that......sorry :(

Really? So those Mig 15's RCAF pilots knocked down in Korea don't COUNT? Now that's what I call disrespectful. Especially as a pilot.

Really? So those Mig 15's RCAF pilots knocked down in Korea don't COUNT? Now that's what I call disrespectful. Especially as a pilot.

They don't count as a RCAF operation or victory..........no RCAF combat squadrons have Korean war Battle honours.

They don't count when to comes to the rational behind RCAF jet purchases....but the F-35 will be a better dogfighter than the Superhornet.

What's the drag penalty for missiles and fuel carried by a Super Hornet?

Roughly equal to the "fat boy" profile. Which is why it is so slow to achieve SS, which it has just recently been cleard to try again after the last engine fire. And how come if it's so "stealthy" is it so easily trackable from the stern end?

Roughly equal to the "fat boy" profile.

So you admit that a Super Hornet with weapons and fuel carried externally will be at a disadvantage in terms of maneuverability and speed caused by drag when contrasted to a fighter that carriers its stores internally..

So you admit that a Super Hornet with weapons and fuel carried externally will be at a disadvantage in terms of maneuverability and speed caused by drag when contrasted to a fighter that carriers its stores internally..

Nope, not at all. The "fat boy" profile of the 35 is it's problem. That and that huge fan req'd to give enough heat for VSTOL version. Which also makes it hot and noisy.

The F-35 is a multirole fighter just like the F-16, F-18, Super Hornet, and Rafale.

It tries to be but it also tries to fulfill roles req'd by 3 different services and it ends up so far not able to fulfill any of those roles well. The SE choice I think is one major mistake LM made. But as I say, to cover it's ass you just need to buy some more LM F 22's. OK, now we have all eggs in one basket.