Olivia Chow

guyser

I don't understand why you would rather have two very rich politicians living in subsidized housing instead of a needy poor or disabled family. It makes no sense to me and people like me who are disabled/poor.

The idea was to not make subsidized housing a ghetto. Integrate a few non subsidized condos into the mix helps the values, the pride of the place.

Olivia and Jack could afford to live anywhere they want as they are rich but poor families can only live in subsidized housing, they should not have taken those places up.

Well for one, they arent rich.

Secondly they paid market rent. If it were not them,then the next renter would have paid market rent, not a poor family.

And drop the BS about poor and disabled. No one buys it. Pathetic really

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why you would rather have two very rich politicians living in subsidized housing instead of a needy poor or disabled family. It makes no sense to me and people like me who are disabled/poor.

Olivia and Jack could afford to live anywhere they want as they are rich but poor families can only live in subsidized housing, they should not have taken those places up.

You have no idea how this hosing worked. IT WAS WHOLLY PUBLIC SUBSIDIZED HOUSING. It was mixed housing where some people paid more then market so poor people could also live in the housing. IF JACK DIDN'T LIVE THERE THEN POOR PEOPLE COULDN'T LIVE THERE. HIS OVER MARKET RENT WAS WHAT DID THE SUBSIDIZING.

I told you to do the research. Now whenever you post something on the forum I will point back to you being to dumb to understand this concept as a reason other things aren't worth explaining to you. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

I don't think it matters a toss where Jack and Olivia lived.

Who deleted the damn post? What's the point in posting here if some mod or admin can delete your post on a whim. What arrogance!

Id like to know what happened too. It seems kind of weird, there is no history of the thread, no mention in the "find your posts" section.

The OP had a wondrous line about "never having worked a day in private business " and I said why pick on Harper.

I don't think it matters a toss where Jack and Olivia lived.

Who deleted the damn post? What's the point in posting here if some mod or admin can delete your post on a whim. What arrogance!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED A MILLION TIMES ON THESE FORUMS. Find the original thread with a search so we don't have to have the same stupid argument with the same type of stupid people who don't understand how the world works over and over again.

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED A MILLION TIMES ON THESE FORUMS. Find the original thread with a search so we don't have to have the same stupid argument with the same type of stupid people who don't understand how the world works over and over again.

I had no idea repeats were deleted. I mean, there's only one Israel/Hamas thread running currently, right?

I had no idea repeats were deleted. I mean, there's only one Israel/Hamas thread running currently, right?

Topics that are historical in nature and have 10-20 threads on them, have no use being reopened. There are already threads on this topic which happened 20 years ago and which has no new news on it in the last 15 years. If you have something new to add please add it but this all stuff that has been beaten to death on this forum.

Topics that are historical in nature and have 10-20 threads on them, have no use being reopened. There are already threads on this topic which happened 20 years ago and which has no new news on it in the last 15 years. If you have something new to add please add it but this all stuff that has been beaten to death on this forum.

I have nothing to add, except disgust that someone saw fit to delete a valid post based on their own biases.

That's all. Like I said, I don't care where they lived.

I do care about random acts of censorship.

I have nothing to add, except disgust that someone saw fit to delete a valid post based on their own biases.

That's all. Like I said, I don't care where they lived.

I do care about random acts of censorship.

It isn't a random act of anything. You can find the other 10 threads and post in them if you have something to add otherwise all it is, is the same thing that has been done 100,000 times on this board.

It isn't a random act of anything. You can find the other 10 threads and post in them if you have something to add otherwise all it is, is the same thing that has been done 100,000 times on this board.

You realise you're talking nonsense, right?

You only have to look at today's posts alone to see repeated subjects. Not just Israel and Hamas, but Islamic intolerance, American elections, atheism. The repeats go on and on. I've never seen a post deleted for it before. Not here, not elsewhere.

You realise you're talking nonsense, right?

You only have to look at today's posts alone to see repeated subjects. Not just Israel and Hamas, but Islamic intolerance, American elections, atheism. The repeats go on and on. I've never seen a post deleted for it before. Not here, not elsewhere.

I read the new post and it seems to be about a mayoral run which is a new subject. If this is about the housing thing, again there are a billion threads on that.

All the things you named are ever changing subjects with new things to be added. The housing story is closed only idiots bought into and only idiots who don't read still believe it.

I read the new post and it seems to be about a mayoral run which is a new subject. If this is about the housing thing, again there are a billion threads on that.

All the things you named are ever changing subjects with new things to be added. The housing story is closed only idiots bought into and only idiots who don't read still believe it.

Again, it's not the subject but the deletion that matters. Repeated subjects are common, but I've never seen one censored like that. I've occasionally seen posts censored for other things, like racist language, but never for being potentially boring. (I'd never seen the subject broached before, so I was quite interested)

Was it you who deleted the original post?

Apparently she is going to run for Mayor. (ugh!)

Anyhow, the OP seems to have removed some of his faulty rant from the post as reconfigured and left out the housing angle. Be assure tho, that is exactly what he was trying to get across, that Jack and Dianne Olivia were getting subbed rent.

Now it s about office costs. Good lordrolleyes.gif

Anyhow, the OP seems to have removed some of his faulty rant from the post as reconfigured and left out the housing angle. Be assure tho, that is exactly what he was trying to get across, that Jack and Dianne Olivia were getting subbed rent.

No, I wasn't saying they got subbed rent. My disgust was with them potentially displacing a poor and needy person or a disabled person like myself so they can live amongst the NDP supporters. So that they can feel as though they are one of the people even though they are rich and making lots of money. The max a welfare person can receive is around $8k a year while a disabled person gets around $13k. jack and Olivia were taking home more than 10 times that yet taking up a space that should be going to someone who is poor and/or disabled. It's quite sad and as a disabled person I was offended as they were making a mockery of the whole housing system mean't to be there for poor and disabled people. I find it disgusting and shameful!

No, I wasn't saying they got subbed rent

yes you did. But then you threw in some semblance of 'not getting subsidized' so far all intents and purposes you did

. My disgust was with them potentially displacing a poor and needy person or a disabled person like myself so they can live amongst the NDP supporters.

Bull. You know exactly why they were there but you want to play some troll/ignorance card for shits and giggles. We know thats your MO, so stop the bs.

. It's quite sad and as a disabled person I was offended

Im offended you use this fake disabled thing for pity. But hey, posers like you are a dime a dozen.

Ignorance alert in 3 2 1....

as they were making a mockery of the whole housing system mean't to be there for poor and disabled people. I find it disgusting and shameful!

.You know that isnt true.

Edited by guyser

yes you did. But then you threw in some semblance of 'not getting subsidized' so far all intents and purposes you did

If I did, I 'd like for you to show me where I said that. I never said anything of the sort sir/madam.
Bull. You know exactly why they were there but you want to play some troll/ignorance card for shits and giggles. We know thats your MO, so stop the bs.
I'm not playing any card guyser. This is a discussion forum, I am merely trying to have a discussion. I wasn't part of this forum when this huge story broke but since I saw the topic I thought I would give my opinion of what I think happened. Events as seen through a disabled person's eyes.
Im offended you use this fake disabled thing for pity. But hey, posers like you are a dime a dozen.
I am a real disabled poor person guyser. It seems that many people in our society would like to kill us off or see us die but we're still around. I don't look for pity but I instead look for fair treatment, the equal treatment that everyone else gets.
You know that isnt true.

Well I feel that they were trying to set an example of living in the same conditions as poor people but it didn't look that way to me and to many other poor or disabled people. It looked as though that they were taking advantage of a system put in place to help those who actually need help, that since they were both former city councillors that they were sneaked in through the back door.

Well I feel that they were trying to set an example of living in the same conditions as poor people but it didn't look that way to me and to many other poor or disabled people. It looked as though that they were taking advantage of a system put in place to help those who actually need help, that since they were both former city councillors that they were sneaked in through the back door.

You know you are a bad fake person and troll when people call you out and you don't get it. Come on Mr. Cana.... I mean Merlin you have better game then this.

You know you are a bad fake person and troll when people call you out and you don't get it. Come on Mr. Cana.... I mean Merlin you have better game then this.

Sir or madam, I am not a fake or troll person. I am real disabled person living in poverty. Please don't be mean to me it really makes me scared that people would rather I just died and t hat all disabled people just died. I am a fairly new member who is disabled and I am fairly poor. I found this forum by searching Google, please don't get me mixed up with someone else.

I like discussing with you and we have a lot in common.

Thank you.

Edited by Merlin

If I did, I 'd like for you to show me where I said that. I never said anything of the sort sir/madam.

Jeez:

This isn't a lie. Olivia and Jack lived in a subsidized housing unit for years and years perhaps decades. A unit that they didn't need to live in even though they weren't subsidized themselves. A truly needy family should've been living in this unit and not to two civil servants who had a very high combined income. Bottom line is that Olivia and Jack were living in a unit that a poor family should be living in. They should be ashamed of themselves!

A poor disabled person could've been living there or a poor family who were waiting for housing in a shelter...shame on them!

I am a real disabled poor person guyser. It seems that many people in our society would like to kill us off or see us die but we're still around. I don't look for pity but I instead look for fair treatment, the equal treatment that everyone else gets.

Nobody believes you.

You don't understand how housing co-ops work. Housing co-ops will often set aside some units for low-income folks and others are rented at market value. Layton and Chow lived in the latter type and actually paid more to offset their share of the co-op's Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation subsidy. No poor people were displaced.

Now, I look forward to you ignoring that and going on a rant about how they put out some poor disabled headless person like you.

Jeez:

Nobody believes you.

You don't understand how housing co-ops work. Housing co-ops will often set aside some units for low-income folks and others are rented at market value. Layton and Chow lived in the latter type and actually paid more to offset their share of the co-op's Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation subsidy. No poor people were displaced.

Now, I look forward to you ignoring that and going on a rant about how they put out some poor disabled headless person like you.

Indeed they were.... The "Housing co-ops" are designated and designed by all means for LOW income.. 70-90 percent are FULLY subsidized and the remaining are filled via a WAITING LIST for LOW-RENT! Olivia and Jack dispaced a family and I trully hope that one of the media conglomorates will have the balls to fully digest the data and facts and show the 2 for what they are/were.. Regardless of one of them being deceased...