Election Canada's findings

Topaz

speaking of "emberasment" (sic) the idea that anyone, no matter their stripes, would sit back and deem any of this ok is "emberasing". We should all be shouting to the rooftops for EC to get to the bottom of this and holding those who are blocking the investigation for whatever the reason to account.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is deeming any of this okay, facts is all that's wanted, just the facts and a conclusion. Elections Canada doesn't seem able to able to do it and reaching out to talk to people isn't going to cut it. Anyone can give an opinion and talk, just let's get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, there are no facts and no conclusions.

Elections Canada doesn't seem able to able to do it and reaching out to talk to people isn't going to cut it.

Even if they could, they party you support doesn't seem to think it's important that election law punishments are made stricter. Mandatory minimums are only for underclass crimes.

again if the cpc was genuinely concerned with getting to the truth and saving it's reputation you would think the cpc would be cooperative and exposing the the culprits themselves...but no, cooperate is the last thing the cpc intends to do, it has no interest in uncovering the guilty parties why? is it because the/she may spill the beans telling Elections Canada more in order to save his/her own skin...

who would've thought that 6 pot plants being of more a threat to our society than a direct attack on our democratic freedom to vote...

No one is deeming any of this okay, facts is all that's wanted, just the facts and a conclusion. Elections Canada doesn't seem able to able to do it and reaching out to talk to people isn't going to cut it. Anyone can give an opinion and talk, just let's get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, there are no facts and no conclusions.

You should write your Party and demand that they cooperate fully and completely with the EC investigation instead of trying to block it and have it shut down.

Put your money were your mouth is so to speak.

You should write your Party and demand that they cooperate fully and completely with the EC investigation instead of trying to block it and have it shut down.

They are cooperating where its appropriate. The problem is, EC and the opposition are asking for access to info they simply cannot have. The "election fraud" meme is just a smokescreen for what they really want: an inside look at CPCs increasingly successful election strategies.

They are cooperating where its appropriate. The problem is, EC and the opposition are asking for access to info they simply cannot have. The "election fraud" meme is just a smokescreen for what they really want: an inside look at CPCs increasingly successful election strategies.

rolleyes.gif EC wants to know who had access to party lists, who had access to call centers, computer login in times, phone logs....the only election strategy EC wants to investigate are the illegal ones...cool.png

You seriously believe that? Come on Bryan. At least try to be honest, you and they know exactly why they want it shut down and will do anything to block EC's investigation.

By the way, why would EC care what the CPC's "successful election strategies" are?

As far as I know they are co-operating, last thing I read anyway said "the party was cooperating with Elections Canada" I have written asking questions, they say they are. I don't believe everything I read in the papers, and certainly not a lot of of the windy speculation on here. No one knows for sure about any of it, especially Elections Canada.

Let me know when there is conclusive evidence of anything.

If it came from the conservative party, why was it only in a couple of ridings, particularly ones like Guelph where it wasn't even close? Is it not more likely that this was just a couple of idiots acting on their own, despite the fact that you'd like to make it out as something far more based on your goofy suppositions?

Those are good questions, and you illustrate why there needs to be an investigation, and criminal charges against those behind it.

As far as I know they are co-operating, last thing I read anyway said "the party was cooperating with Elections Canada" I have written asking questions, they say they are. I don't believe everything I read in the papers, and certainly not a lot of of the windy speculation on here. No one knows for sure about any of it, especially Elections Canada.

Let me know when there is conclusive evidence of anything.

Well as far as I know, they've done every thing they can to block EC, including going to court.

Well as far as I know, they've done every thing they can to block EC, including going to court.

When was that? There was the failed Liberal candidate who took his winning Conservative opponent to court and there was the woman who took the Conservative Party to court alleging she'd been misdirected to a voting location; but when has the Conservative Party and Elections Canada ever faced off in court in relation to this Pierre Poutine/"robocalls" affair?

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/canada/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/10/court-case-begins-into-complaints-about-robocalls-in-tightly-contested-ridings

Is a crime still a crime if it's not clearly successful?

I'm of the opinion that the purpose of this investigation is not only to overturn election results where necessary, but to determine whether there were attempts to suppress votes, and who was responsible for those attempts.

It is the attempt to subvert democracy that is the issue.

Unpunished, it becomes common practice.

Canadians already cynical about our contorted democracy become moreso and election and governance become a series of fratboy pranks - crimes - bearing no relation to representation of the people.

Edited by jacee

This case will go forth this week.. There are 8 people who will haveto stand in front of the courts and tell them how they were affected... And PLEASE NOTE: ALL of these 8 people succesfully VOTED!!!!!!!!!

Seems like 8 Upset little lefties that would lie to accomplish whatever they think thier agenda entails..

When this fails,, I would hope that the law punishes these 8 to the fullest extent of the law and be required to cover any and all court-costs.

This case will go forth this week.. There are 8 people who will haveto stand in front of the courts and tell them how they were affected... And PLEASE NOTE: ALL of these 8 people succesfully VOTED!!!!!!!!!

Seems like 8 Upset little lefties that would lie to accomplish whatever they think thier agenda entails..

When this fails,, I would hope that the law punishes these 8 to the fullest extent of the law and be required to cover any and all court-costs.

I guess you miss the point: The question is 'Were there attempts to suppress votes?'

That's election fraud.

The question of which results should be overturned is secondary.