Little Floating Dialog Balloon

August1991

• Forum Admin

The Dialog box, which you see on the bottom right hand side of your screen, is simply a feedback mechanism installed to give us an idea of what people think of the site. I recently installed it so that I could gauge what sections of the site need improvement. It certainly is not going to a permantant fixture on the site and will be taken down in 2 weeks.

I am curious however - do you find it that annoying? Is this something that you can live with for a couple of weeks in order to allow us to build a better site?

Cheers,

Greg

Admin

ps this is something that is embedded in the HTML rather than on your computer. So no, there is no virus on your computer. Or atleast, no virus that we put there ;)

Dear Greg,

While I admire your 'continous improvement' efforts, I also dislike that accursed box. Is there any way to have it 'fixed' to each page? I think that the 'hot topic' envelopes on specific threads is a fair indicator of what is popular with the posters so the box seems to be redundant.

just my thoughts, but I do appreciate that you are trying to improve things.

Thelonius Monk says it well:

While I admire your 'continous improvement' efforts, I also dislike that accursed box.

Greg, you want our opinion? God gave you a mouth, use it. Ask. Opinion....

The dialog box is dumb. Ask our opinion, and we'll PM you or post.

You wanna know what guests think? They're not gonna say. Be serious.

I agree with August1991 on this one.......it is kinda pain the arse. I understand the need for feedback.......perhaps a poll or thread?

Dear Greg,

After looking at the 'bubble', I am a bit confused. Are we rating the content of the posts? Some are better than others, and rarely can a whole page be rated equally, or should I say, so simply. The same would apply to whole threads. Unless they get inextricably off-topic, it would be tough to rate a thread as 'good or no good', as the rating would have to fluctuate accordingly.

Just a few thoughts.

• Forum Admin

Criticism noted.

Perhaps the feedback mechanism isn't well suited to the evaluating the forum. So I am going to remove it from the forum section of the site.

Thanks for everyone's input,

Cheers,

Greg

Admin