Romney Tax Evasion Blown Open by Bloomberg

In case you forgot about all the demands for Romney to release his taxes, Bloomberg has published a detailed account of the way Romney has been able to avoid paying taxes for some 15 years. The man who wants to be President, has been using a loophole for Mormon donations to avoid paying his fair share of taxes. The article details how donation is a misnomer, since the Romney's were actually taking money from the "charity."

Link: http://www.bloomberg...-donations.html

Edited by cybercoma

Fine if you are not interested in a a man worth 200 Million to a Billion dollars not paying taxes for 15 years then don't post here. The American people care which is why Romney wouldn't release his taxes.

When you've spent your lifetime building a business and personal wealth you have to hire great accountants to protect that money legally. it seems to me that he has done just that. Good for him.

When you've spent your lifetime building a business and personal wealth you have to hire great accountants to protect that money legally. it seems to me that he has done just that. Good for him.

There is something wrong with the system where you and I pay taxes on our income but the Rich don't. Sorry you are wrong. BTW remember when Romney said he never paid below 13%? Yah I do add another lie to Romney pile.

There is something wrong with the system where you and I pay taxes on our income but the Rich don't. Sorry you are wrong. BTW remember when Romney said he never paid below 13%? Yah I do add another lie to Romney pile.

I don't have money to hire these, "apparently" brilliant accounts to work on my portfolio day and night looking for legal loopholes.

Isn't that the point? Why should Romney be able to pay nothing while I pay and you pay. WE ALL HAVE TO PAY to make our country better.

No I agree with you on that point. I think that everyone should pay their fair share to help society as a whole especially those who are in need.

I think that is the point. If you are voting for someone who refuses to pay taxes just because they can, then they don't believe what I believe.

I don't think it's clear that Romney payed NO taxes at al plus I'm not a one issue type of person. One issue can't be the deciding factor..

Unless you see his tax returns first hand you really cannot say that to be true.

Well from the Freedom of Information request we can see how much of his taxes he didn't pay by using a loophole where he promises to make a donation to the Mormon church in the future even though he actually never has to make that donation. So I know he is dodging ALOT of taxes and I assume it is all his taxes until he shows me different. He is the one running for President not me.