Support group(forum) for ODSP recipients

In doing some research I found a Google group forum for ODSP people. I thought that some people here might be interested in reading it as I know some people here are on ODSP.

It seems to be quite busy and has a lot of posts on it. about all aspects of ODSP including applying, being denied, appealing, how to appeal, how to find a lawyer to help you with your appeal, landlords and more.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/odspfireside

WTF is ODSP?

Do you want more taxpayer money? (I once thought that rent-seeking was a feature of 18th century European politics; it now appears to be a scourge of all enlightened governments.)

Ontario Disability Support Program

Some people here are on disability and I thought it would be helpful to share a forum I found geared towards helping these people.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Some people here are on disability and I thought it would be helpful to share a forum I found geared towards helping these people.
Disability. "Rent seeking" goes downmarket, trailertrash, mainstream. Before, "rent seeking" was upmarket, corporate, elite. Whatever the name, whoever the recipient. Same diff.

There are people in this world who genuinely need assistance. For several good reasons, I am not opposed to helping them.

OTOH, all Leftists should google the term "rent seeking". It's the new "disability".

Edited by August1991

Can you explain yourself a little clearer please August. I may be having issues because of your francophonism.
No doubt, there are some people in this world in dire distress and who deserve help.

But as soon as a government designs a programme to help these people, it in effect creates a "prize" - like a lottery prize.

To win a lottery, all you have to do is buy a ticket and be lucky.

But to win a modern government "prize", you must have the fortitude to get through the bureaucracy: figure out forms, complete them, find documents, photocopy and submit them, figure out the system, wait in offices, phone friends, check on the Internet, argue with bureaucrats.

This effort is "rent seeking".

Edited by August1991

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 8:51 AM, krissy said:

If they take a long time to get back to you. Does that usually mean you didn't get a approved for ODSP? What would be the reason you don't?   So if they decide to not approve you does that mean you don't have to go to the workshope

It can take 8 months or so to hear back.

But if youre approved you get all the mobey you shouldve gotten from the tine you apply retroactively.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting different information about the program. I was approved for it. I'm getting almost $400 a month,  It isn't great but better then nothing. My family member told I should be getting $1000.00 a month...…..  It should be kicked in soon. From what im understanding now I you wouldn't be.  Once you get a full time job  you get taken off the program. I was lend to believe I would be getting this for life.  I just feel like each person you talk to gives you different information,