Is A Vote for Mitt Romney Purely an Emotional/Ideological one?

You are the ones who said this "economic system" of using debt for speculation that resulted in creating a market bubble was what drove the economy off the cliff. So what is it? Make up your mind.

It did. what's your point. Should we all just sit around being depressed? Seize the opportunity. Thats what capitalism is you numbskull. That's how markets recover.

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

It did. what's your point. Should we all just sit around being depressed? Seize the opportunity. Thats what capitalism is you numbskull. That's how markets recover.

My only point is that you talk out of both sides of your mouth, and now you mentioned depression? Who said we sat around depressed? We voted and the man we elected kept the bus from going over the cliff.

There was no money to seize the opporunity, Jerry, see that is why I know you are not a citizen. Banks were going belly up, stock markets were plummeting, industries were failing, businesses that weren't closing their doors were laying off people.

And after saving the banks and their money they turned the screws on Obama and the country and sat on their money. Thats how greed works.....

The big question is how long can a government or a president keep on blaming the previous government or the president for the problems of a country. Even if people generally realise it is not the fault of the current guy on the job the way things are he has been put there to fix things.

On the other hand, replacing him with someone who was one of those people who created the problem is hardly going to help.

I totally agree. But since we're being honest, there is only one party assigning the blame unilaterally, no?

Their electoral lives depend upon it.

No I think both parties basically try to blame each other for everything bad in the world and fling feces at each other like monkeys in the zoo hoping some will stick.

No I think both parties basically try to blame each other for everything bad in the world and fling feces at each other like monkeys in the zoo hoping some will stick.

Nah I disagree. It's only the Dems who sell dependency to blacks.

It's tougher to be a republican, because you're not selling goodies like Dems do. In any debate, the deck is always stacked against a republican, because when the stupid dude from the media asks "what are you gonna do about education/health/etc?", Dem guys always have an answer: they're gonna take someone else's money and give you some goodies.

Republicans, on the other hand, believe in freedom. So the republican answer is (or should be), "what am I gonna do? nothing." :lol:

When you believe people should take care of themselves, the politics game is always stacked against you. Dems always have something to sell. Republicans are selling independence. Tough sell.

Actually it was GW Bush who enacted TARP.

Jerry, were you aware that after the AIG bonus story broke, Congress was prepared to terminate TARP. It was a two tiered program and the second release of funds was in doubt by Congress in a January vote, which Obama threatened to veto and thus TARP remained in place, to the chagrin of many in his party. He further angered his party with TARP 2.

Thanks for your correction of Shady’s misinformed opinion that Bush bailed out the auto industry.