Republican National Convention 2012 coverage

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, media propaganda is a small thing. :rolleyes:

Yah like you care about Propaganda Shady. There is a hundred threads in this forum by you that say otherwise.

Don't see you complaining about them not seating Maine's delegates and when Maine tried to bring up a point order on it that the Republican Party encouraged people to drown then out by chanting USA USA. Yah you have no problem with propaganda as long as it steers the discussion to where you want to be. Which is fine but lets cut the crap.

Edited by punked

Well, that's what you'd believe if you only watched MSNBC. It's probably news to the 5 minority speakers from last night that they're actually white! :lol:

And were those speakers even remotely major players? Now, if MSNBC doesn't show Rice tonight, you might be onto something.

And were those speakers even remotely major players? Now, if MSNBC doesn't show Rice tonight, you might be onto something.

I'm not sure what you mean by "major players", but I would think Obama's former campaign co-chair speaking at the Republican convention is somehow newsworthy. So would the first ever African-American congresswoman from Utah, who is a rising star in the GOP. You might also have a case if they showed other more vital news in place of those speeches. But they didn't. You might also have a case if they hadn't scheduled a4 hour block of programming to cover the convention. And what's your excuse for only posting online video of white only speakers? Are they saving bandwidth?

Stay classy

I'm not sure what you mean by "major players", but I would think Obama's former campaign co-chair speaking at the Republican convention is somehow newsworthy. So would the first ever African-American congresswoman from Utah, who is a rising star in the GOP. You might also have a case if they showed other more vital news in place of those speeches. But they didn't. You might also have a case if they hadn't scheduled a4 hour block of programming to cover the convention. And what's your excuse for only posting online video of white only speakers? Are they saving bandwidth?

Stay classy

To you a loser congressman who has to move to a new state where the Republicans have promised him a seat is a big deal. To me it is BORING! As fox always says "it is all about the ratings" people like me aren't watching MSNBC to see bit players we are watching for a different view of the convention.

Edited by punked

But FOX has no agenda, right? MSNBC is, most definitely, a Democrat leaning organization, but, that isn't why they didn't cover the nobodies...it;'s because they're nobodies.

And once again, you're completely wrong. They're certainly not nobody's just because of your ignorance. And one doesn't schedule a 4 hour convention broadcast just to cover the "major players" because there were only two or three speaking last night. And again, you didn't answer the Internet question? Why are only the white speakers posted at NBC News online? Are they trying to save bandwidth?

Keep defending MSNBC's agenda, it's entertaining. I'm sure you've defended Fox in a similar way. Oh wait. Nevermind. Fox bad, NBC gets a pass.

And once again, you're completely wrong. They're certainly not nobody's just because of your ignorance. And one doesn't schedule a 4 hour convention broadcast just to cover the "major players" because there were only two or three speaking last night. And again, you didn't answer the Internet question? Why are only the white speakers posted at NBC News online? Are they trying to save bandwidth?

Keep defending MSNBC's agenda, it's entertaining. I'm sure you've defended Fox in a similar way. Oh wait. Nevermind. Fox bad, NBC gets a pass.

And what speeches are posted on MSNBC online Shady?

I've heard mixed reviews of Ann Romney's speech. I didn't think it was that great. It was ok-good but I was expecting more and I think the camnpaign needed more from her. kimmy is probably right when she said that Ann was probably better in the primaries because she was fired up and sincere and that is hard to do in last night's setting.

Anyway, like her speech or not I don't think it will make a difference. Even if it was a good speech it was not great and therefore I don't think it will be remembered.

I was kinda in and out of Christie's speech so I'll have to listen to it later. But from what I heard I wish I knew the inside deal on how it was vetted and what the point was. I'm not quite sure of the tactics behind it. It seemed to be about Christie. I thought the Romney people would make him talk more about Mitt. And at times it seemed too scripted. There were a few times where he seemed to be distinctly less sincere. There were similar moments on Ann's speech.

I'm very interested to see what Ryan says tonight. Does he defend his Plan? talk nice about Romney? I think a good speech could help with the not so great bump after the VP pick. Also, I would like to know if they change Ryan's speech after the Christie approach last night.

I'd like to hear some other thoughts on the actual speeches. Preferably not the 'I liked Ann's because I'm a Republican' and 'Her speech was stupid because the right are idiots.'

No, you started out defending them, you know, major players and all.

Well they aren't major players...it's the truth. I know you can't see it, because everything Republican is the best most awesome thing ever...but they just aren't all that important.

BTW, if I'm watching US news, it's usually, FOX News because I find their presentation to be the best. I hate MSNBC.

Edited by Smallc