Fmr. Obama Supporter And Campaign Co-Chair Slams Biden

Former Democratic Congressman Artur Davis — who seconded President Barack Obama's nomination in 2008 as Obama's campaign co-chair denounced the divisiveness of Biden's remarks.

It's just as I have asserted. Complete and utter race-baiting on the part of Joe Biden, who by the way, shouldn't be anywhere near a heartbeat away from the presidency. He's the most unstable, mentally challenged VP in modern American history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ppY6uBAMKs

Edited by Shady

Do you think Obama will replace him on ticket?

I doubt it, although I read a report stating that if he wants to, he has 22 day to do it.

President Barack Obama has slightly more than 22 days to drop Vice Presidential Joe Biden from the 2012 Democratic presidential ticket, according to lawyers familiar with the party nominating process. That is, Democrats have until September 6 to formally nominate their presidential ticket which will then be qualified for the 50 state ballots.

WS

I don't think he will replace him, but he'd be much better off with Hillary Clinton.

Do you think Obama will replace him on ticket?

This would be a huge sign of weakness and toss up attack after attack from the GOP. The fact that the press are even suggesting this shows how desperate they are for 'news.' Why change the narrative that has been working for Obama to something that puts him back on his heels?

Plus, like him or not, Biden is popular with white working class voters and is an excellent campaigner.

I don't think he will replace him, but he'd be much better off with Hillary Clinton.

This would be a huge sign of weakness and toss up attack after attack from the GOP. The fact that the press are even suggesting this shows how desperate they are for 'news.' Why change the narrative that has been working for Obama to something that puts him back on his heels?

Plus, like him or not, Biden is popular with white working class voters and is an excellent campaigner.

I tend to agree with j44 on this though that agreement is rare. Replacing a VP in modern times is a sign of disarray and/or weakness.

I tend to agree with j44 on this though that agreement is rare. Replacing a VP in modern times is a sign of disarray and/or weakness.

I agree that it would be a sign of weakness. But I think Hillary's strength would make up for it.

This would be a huge sign of weakness and toss up attack after attack from the GOP.

not so much damage if biden comes out to say that he's retiring to spend time with _______.

Edited by bud

Former Democratic Congressman Artur Davis — who seconded President Barack Obama's nomination in 2008 as Obama's campaign co-chair denounced the divisiveness of Biden's remarks.

It's just as I have asserted. Complete and utter race-baiting on the part of Joe Biden, who by the way, shouldn't be anywhere near a heartbeat away from the presidency. He's the most unstable, mentally challenged VP in modern American history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ppY6uBAMKs

Geee now why would Artur Davis do that? Oh yeah it couldn't be because he lost the Democratic Primary cried about it and became a Whinny Whinny Republican could it? No? Title should read REPUBLICAN DOES NOT LIKE OBAMA. I personally am shocked a Republican politician doesn't like Obama or Biden.

In other news Iowa SITTING REPUBLICAN (not some turn coat) Senator Chuck Grassly says Romney is stabbing him in the back. Where is your post on that one Shady?

Edited by punked

Ask Eagleton how that worked out in 1972.

You're comparing an unvetted, mentally ill running mate who sabotaged the whole campaign with comments to Robert Novak to a sitting vice president who made a poor analogy involving chains? Have you ever considered collaborating with August1991 on a book of shaky, forced historical parallels?

Besides, he's dead. You can't ask him anything.

Edited by BubberMiley

Geee now why would Artur Davis do that? Oh yeah it couldn't be because he lost the Democratic Primary cried about it and became a Whinny Whinny Republican could it? No? Title should read REPUBLICAN DOES NOT LIKE OBAMA. I personally am shocked a Republican politician doesn't like Obama or Biden.

In other news Iowa SITTING REPUBLICAN (not some turn coat) Senator Chuck Grassly says Romney is stabbing him in the back. Where is your post on that one Shady?

No, Davis left the Democrat party because Obama's taken it hard left. It's not your parents Democrat party anymore. JFK would be considered a neo-con supply-sider by the current unhinged group of Dems, and Barack Obama is the anti-Bill Clinton in almost every policy he implements. Especially his economic ones.

You're comparing an unvetted, mentally ill running mate who sabotaged the whole campaign with comments to Robert Novak to a sitting vice president who made a poor analogy involving chains? Have you ever considered collaborating with August1991 on a book of shaky, forced historical parallels?

Besides, he's dead. You can't ask him anything.

You may have a point.

But the Eagleton Affair was one of the reasons I became disillusioned with the Left. Based upon rhetoric and image, I figured that if anyone cared about people with some problems, it was idealistic Democrats. The handling of the Eagleton situation utterly lacked compassion. Not a shred.

Further, the idea that getting needed help was a negative qualification for high office was positively chilling.