Conservatives simply are poor managers of the public's money

Yes, the Harperites pissed away a huge surplus at a time when everyone but the short bus crew and their conbots saw a recession coming.

Didn't they piss it away by infrastructure projects like the Canadian Economic Action Plan? Or did they just piss it away buying Beer and Popcorn? (Sup Liberals)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they piss it away by infrastructure projects like the Canadian Economic Action Plan? Or did they just piss it away buying Beer and Popcorn? (Sup Liberals)

You mean like the economic action plan which spent $50 million towards building gazebos in Tony Clements riding...

That kind of infrastructure...

or are you referring to the need for fake lakes etc....

I know it hurts your head when you try to think, but it does not matter wether or not they saw the crisis coming, what matters is what they did to get us through it.

I understand you're still young, incredibly naive and largely ignorant of what one should do when they see hard times coming financially....

but only an uneducated moron would fail to grasp the concept that pissing away what is in the savings account is not a good idea.

I understand you're still young, incredibly naive and largely ignorant of what one should do when they see hard times coming financially....

but only an uneducated moron would fail to grasp the concept that pissing away what is in the savings account is not a good idea.

I don't know, it seems like savings are meant to provide a cushion when you find yourself in hard times, savings are used to improve your situation in those hard times. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Meanwhile...in related news:

While federal budget cuts are sending some public servants to the unemployment line, most of those keeping their jobs will be laughing all the way to the bank with a pay raise and special lump-sum cheques of up to $150,000.

The Harper government is in the process of handing out a jaw-dropping $6 billion in special "severance" cheques to hundreds of thousands of federal workers who aren't losing their jobs or even changing desks.

Meanwhile...in related news:

While federal budget cuts are sending some public servants to the unemployment line, most of those keeping their jobs will be laughing all the way to the bank with a pay raise and special lump-sum cheques of up to $150,000.

The Harper government is in the process of handing out a jaw-dropping $6 billion in special "severance" cheques to hundreds of thousands of federal workers who aren't losing their jobs or even changing desks.

Source?

I don't know, it seems like savings are meant to provide a cushion when you find yourself in hard times, savings are used to improve your situation in those hard times. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Apparently you don't understand the fact that Harper pissed away those savings in the weeks BEFORE the recession everyone knew was already happening but the Harper government denied was coming...

Your failure to grasp the need for deficit spending shows just how economy-challenged you are.

You aren't well versed in history are you?

You wouldn't know good fiscal sense if it hit you in the face.

I know it hurts your head when you try to think, but it does not matter wether or not they saw the crisis coming, what matters is what they did to get us through it.

It's this kind of garbage that the moderators should be keeping tabs on. Stop with the personal insults already.

Your failure to admit that the Conservatives are sucking and blowing at the same time,

Although not perfect, the Conservatives are the better choice to manage the economy, as compared to the other main parties. That's why they hold a majority in the House. In tough economic times, the economy trumps everything else.

doing exactly what you railed against the Liberals for doing when there was money in the coffers to be spent, shows how ignorant you are of what makes for good fiscal sense.

My fiscal sense is superior to your fiscal sense. :P

Man! This was all SO predictable! Someone should have sealed an answer in an envelope to be opened after a few years.

Apparently, the critics have conveniently forgotten that they castigated the new Harper government for not recognizing a coming recession and DEMANDED zillions of dollars of stimulus spending!

Being in a minority situation at the time, Harper had no choice but to go along with the demands.

A few years later, those same critics are now screaming that Harper put us into a deficit!

A number of us predicted it at the time and now we have been proven right.

And some here wonder why some of us refuse to take them seriously...

Apparently you don't understand the fact that Harper pissed away those savings in the weeks BEFORE the recession everyone knew was already happening but the Harper government denied was coming...

And you refuse to understand that those actions might have helped...

It's this kind of garbage that the moderators should be keeping tabs on. Stop with the personal insults already.

I tried that cyber, but repeated requests to do so by the moderators here were ignored by Signals and others on the right wing...

So you fight fire with fire...

And you refuse to understand that those actions might have helped...

How would they have helped when Harper denied it was coming????

By your logic, if it helped it was not due to anything the Harper government intentionally was proactive in doing to prepare Canada for the recession it was already in...

The first rule for a leader is to not panic and remain calm. Of course, you're in a constant state of panic so I understand why you would want our leaders to run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

There are times when money in a savings account does no good. For example, when the market crashed in 2008, using savings to buy stocks at rock bottom prices was a smart move, just like your nemesis Harper suggested.

Apparently, the critics have conveniently forgotten that they castigated the new Harper government for not recognizing a coming recession and DEMANDED zillions of dollars of stimulus spending!

Being in a minority situation at the time, Harper had no choice but to go along with the demands.

A few years later, those same critics are now screaming that Harper put us into a deficit!

Sucking and blowing at the same time. :lol:

The first rule for a leader is to not panic and remain calm. Of course, you're in a constant state of panic so I understand why you would want our leaders to run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

So you approve of the "I see nothing", Sgt. Shultz, stick your head in the sand approach then...

Fero too remained calm....too busy fiddling while Rome burned....

There are times when money in a savings account does no good. For example, when the market crashed in 2008, using savings to buy stocks at rock bottom prices was a smart move, just like your nemesis Harper suggested.

But he was pissing money away before the crash, which he denied was happening...something you're kind of conveniently forgetting

It shows that they don't know what they are doing.... they were floundering! They were just hoping that the policies put in place by previous governments would get them through it!

Complete nonsense. It wasn't until mid-September when the extent of the crisis was fully known. That's when Obama and McCain suspended their campaigns.

You do realize that is due to the scrapping of the severance pay? Last year when the public service union voted on a new contract they decided to give up the severance pay, this means that instead of waiting till a person retires to give them severance they offer it in the present and stop the severance program. From now on there is no more severance pay. Until now I believe severance was 7 days of pay for every year worked and once you retire they give you the sum. The Conservatives are not adding anything they are in fact cutting this program which was started I believe a few decades ago and thats why they are paying it out at once so they can end the program.

This is a non issue because they are blaming the Conservatives for paying out a program that another government started many years ago, accumulation for severance ended last march I believe which means that the conservatives are saving a lot of money in future severance pay to all employees of the federal government. If you only knew as much as you THINK you know this wouldn't be so embarrassing for you.

How would they have helped when Harper denied it was coming????

By your logic, if it helped it was not due to anything the Harper government intentionally was proactive in doing to prepare Canada for the recession it was already in...

Just because I deny something is going to happen does not mean that any action I take automatically means it will have no effect on the event in question.

Here is the logic, wether they did or did not foresee the crisis, they obviously did something right to get us through it this far in such a good position, but I don't expect you to see the truth with your blinders on...