Welcome to Rusanada

Oh wow, so now the PM is like Paul Bernardo?

And I HIGHLY doubt that soldiers will be in the streets of any Canadian City unless there is a legitimate reason.

This is a guaranteed future scenario.

Thousands of British Columbians and Albertans blocking the construction of a pipeline. Harper calls in the military.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, so now the PM is like Paul Bernardo?

And I HIGHLY doubt that soldiers will be in the streets of any Canadian City unless there is a legitimate reason.

You mean legitimate like this...
Democratically elected government therefore you follow directions, without regard to your opinion of the leader of the party in power.

If you witnessed corruption, and you have evidence to back up those claims then you go to the appropriate authority. If you "witness" corruption and you have no proof you keep your mouth shut until such a time when you can prove your statements, or you go to the proper authorities so they can investigate the matter.

Don't the police work for the government? Lot good that will do..

On what ground? How would the PM explain having to mobilize the military? Detain them for how long? Where?

"Let me be clear, radicals and terrorists tried to ruin the Canadian economy by protesting this ethical pipeline that would be prosperous for this region and its people for many years to come.

We had to take drastic measures and call in the military but let me be clear, it was the right thing to do."

"Let me be clear, radicals and terrorists tried to ruin the Canadian economy by protesting this ethical pipeline that would be prosperous for this region and its people for many years to come.

We had to take drastic measures and call in the military but let me be clear, it was the right thing to do."

So you think that the PM can say that and call the military? You do know that the Queen has some powers and her representative could exercise said powers if the PM is overstepping his legal boundaries? Or do you know that the Military can refuse illegal orders?

So you think that the PM can say that and call the military? You do know that the Queen has some powers and her representative could exercise said powers if the PM is overstepping his legal boundaries? Or do you know that the Military can refuse illegal orders?

The military and GG are up Harpers ass.

You said yourself, government employees work for the government and do as they say.

Really? You think that if the TPS was investigating the PM or someone close to the PM for corruption they could be silenced? Or that the RCMP cannot be discrete about their investigations?

Really? You think that if the TPS was investigating the PM or someone close to the PM for corruption they could be silenced? Or that the RCMP cannot be discrete about their investigations?

Chretien probably had friends in the RCMP who helped him get away, then probably told him to give up the leadership.

You serve the government that is elected, regardless of the party or your personal opinions. Your allegiance is to the government of Canada one elected a party becomes the legal government of Canada and therefore its orders should be followed.

My problem with this letter is that it doesn't seem to allow a government employee to express an opinion in public even if they don't identify themselves as a government employee.

My problem with this letter is that it doesn't seem to allow a government employee to express an opinion in public even if they don't identify themselves as a government employee.

"The duty of loyalty includes the duty to refrain from public criticism of the Government of Canada when speaking as an employee of the agency. Breaching the duty of loyalty may lead to disciplinary action," it states.

This to me is reasonable, you can criticize your employer as long as you do it in an appropriate manner, meaning as a private citizen rather then an employee of Parks Canada.

Seems like a slippery slope. I dont think an employer should be able to engage in slander or libel, but they should be able to make negative statements about their employer as long as they are true.

And government is different than the private sector as well, because those civil servants are also tax payers.

Who is to say when they are speaking as an employee and when they are not?

Hi, Im a parks Canada employee and I have a problem with XYZ...

or

Wearing a nice little uniform that states you are a parks Canada employee and making those comments

or

Or doing so while on the job...