"I walk the line"

Guest Peeves

Guest Peeves

No not Johnny Cash. The line over the Falls. There has to be a better way to make a living. I live only a few miles away, but I have no interest in the feat. Alors, bonne chance mon ami.

What do you think of dangerous public performances?

I always (lie, 'sometime say,), I live near Niagara Falls, drop over.

This is becoming a circus event...

But then,

:P it is a circus event.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10393474

No not Johnny Cash. The line over the Falls. There has to be a better way to make a living. I live only a few miles away, but I have no interest in the feat. Alors, bonne chance mon ami.

What do you think of dangerous public performances?

I always (lie, 'sometime say,), I live near Niagara Falls, drop over.

This is becoming a circus event...

But then,

:P it is a circus event.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10393474

I find it interesting Peeves but I cannot watch the event! I could not bear to see someone get hurt.

I don't even slow down to gawk at traffic accidents. I just move past as quickly as I can. I have lost friends and family over the years. I know the pain.

I can't but help thinking that those who have a fascination for such things must be a bit sick, if the truth be told.

I wish him luck! I'm glad Niagara Falls will get a nice shot in the economy arm. Still, I'll wait till afterwards to be sure the guy is ok!

Guest American Woman
I find it interesting Peeves but I cannot watch the event! I could not bear to see someone get hurt.

I don't even slow down to gawk at traffic accidents. I just move past as quickly as I can. I have lost friends and family over the years. I know the pain.

I can't but help thinking that those who have a fascination for such things must be a bit sick, if the truth be told.

I wish him luck! I'm glad Niagara Falls will get a nice shot in the economy arm. Still, I'll wait till afterwards to be sure the guy is ok!

I'm with you, WB.

Guest Manny

I understand he is forced to wear a tether, so not to worry too much. The leftist equalitists will make absolutely sure he's safe, to the point that he can't even cross it. The safety equipment itself becomes the problem...

Guest American Woman

I understand he is forced to wear a tether, so not to worry too much. The leftist equalitists will make absolutely sure he's safe, to the point that he can't even cross it. The safety equipment itself becomes the problem...

Ahhhh, yes, he is being forced to wear a tether....so I think it would be rather spectacular to see in person. Not sure the crowds would make it worth it, though.

Guest Peeves

Ahhhh, yes, he is being forced to wear a tether....so I think it would be rather spectacular to see in person. Not sure the crowds would make it worth it, though.

Maybe leave the cable up and have murderers walk it. If they make it life in jail, if they don't :huh:

Of course we Canucks would insist they walk uh.......... :rolleyes: .in a ..southerly route :lol: Just in case.

Maybe leave the cable up and have murderers walk it. If they make it life in jail, if they don't :huh:

Of course we Canucks would insist they walk uh.......... :rolleyes: .in a ..southerly route :lol: Just in case.

You live in The Falls?

I'm about 20 minutes West of you...

I'm kinda interested but it's not as daring as he's got a tether on!!

What a wimp!!!

;):D

Guest Peeves

You live in The Falls?

I'm about 20 minutes West of you...

I'm kinda interested but it's not as daring as he's got a tether on!!

What a wimp!!!

;):D

U Around Burlington/ St Catharines/ ?

I live 10 min.south/west of N.F proper.

Guest Peeves

He's on a 2" cable. Some earlier used as small as 5/8"

Guest American Woman

He's on a 2" cable. Some earlier used as small as 5/8"

I think he was forced to wear whatever he wore. I have to wonder if some small part of him wasn't glad he was being forced to wear it. At any rate, mission accomplished - he did it. :)

I'm actually genuinely surprised he accomplished it without slipping.

With the slope of the rope (downwards then upwards) combined with the mist and winds. I thought for sure it would have been slippery out there. I thought he would have a hard time climbing the incline.

Then I was considering the temperature and the mist. He had to have been freezing and numb. Combine that with the focus he had to have for that huge distance and he must have been just wiped towards the end.

I wasn't the least bit interested in it, but I flipped to it after the news had ended. He was 2 minutes from beginning his walk, so I just kept watching. I'm glad I did because I'm actually quite surprised.

• 3 months later...

This summer we went to the Falls for a weekend and went up into the Skylon tower to watch That guy Jay Cochrane Skywalk between the buildings. He went from the Skylon tower to the Hilton tower.

At one point in the middle he stopped stood on one foot and waved. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Soon after that we went down to the ground to finish watching from the ground...lol. Got some cool pictures though.