Bill C-30 the spy on your computer bill is back

Guest American Woman

What is this freedom you speak of? It only exists in your mind.

The government is already spying on us with or without this bill.

Hmmmmm.....

Dre said

"Canadians are basically a bunch of entitled slackers"

Well, since you dislike Canadians so much and like foreigners better why don't you move.

Using your logic, if you believe that you have no freedom in Canada, I have a few countries that I could suggest you move to - and while you're there, I suggest that you complain about your lack of freedom in Canada. <_<

Hmmmmm.....

Using your logic, if you believe that you have no freedom in Canada, I have a few countries that I could suggest you move to - and while you're there, I suggest that you complain about your lack of freedom in Canada. <_<

Actually nobody in any country has freedom. There are laws.

Guest American Woman

Actually nobody in any country has freedom. There are laws.

So what are you complaining about? - You'd rather live in a lawless country?

Edited by American Woman

Either way, this is coming. If this garbage bill doesnt pass, there will be another one and another one after that.

The underlying factor here is that the government hates our freedom. It drives them absolutely nuts that we would be able to communicate amongst ourselves without them having a way to to spy on us. And governments are especially afraid of value of the internet as a tool used by social activists.

And ironically they will cite our need for security as the reason for ever increasing invasion of our privacy, and that tactic will eventually work on the cowards and state-power sycophants in this country.

I absolutely guarantee that the free and private nature of the internet will be wittled away until the government can basically monitor everything.

This is pretty much why I contend that our only option is total souveillance of the government first before it's too late. Orwell had it backwards, the Telescreens should aim the other way.

Guest American Woman

A poster thought Canadians have freedom. I was merely pointing out that we do not.

Then I stand by my response - I could suggest a few countries that you could move to, and while there, complain about the lack of freedoms in Canada.

Guest American Woman

I need to laugh. Give me the names of these countries.

Sorry, I'm too busy laughing at your response. Your reply, however, tells me what I needed to know... ;)

Guest American Woman

My reply was going to be "You forgot U.S.A". But you ruined it.

And you can be sure I would have never seen that coming! :o

Like I said, your reply told me what I needed to know.

And you can be sure I would have never seen that coming! :o

Like I said, your reply told me what I needed to know.

Canada is freer than most countries but that doesn't make it free here. If you are a scientist you are muzzled. Want to grow 6 pot plants? That is 6 months in prison. You are investigated and called a radical if you are concerned about the oil sands polluting the environment. Charities are considered to be money launderers for international environmental groups. Labour is being attacked.

I can go on but you get the point. Things aren't rosey here.

Edited by Anti-Am

Guest American Woman

Canada is freer than most countries but that doesn't make it free here.

If you are a scientist you are muzzled. Want to grow 6 pot plants? That is

6 months in prison. You are investigated and called a radical if you are concerned

about the oil sands polluting the environment. Charities are considered to be

money launderers for international environmental groups. Labour is being attacked.

I can go on but you get the point. Things aren't rosey here.

Then I suggest you move to where things are rosier. Per your logic. :)

Canada is freer than most countries but that doesn't make it free here. If you are a scientist you are muzzled. Want to grow 6 pot plants? That is 6 months in prison.

What is this omni-present obsession with growing pot, selling pot, and using pot? Will ganja set you free?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

What is this omni-present obsession with growing pot, selling pot, and using pot? Will ganja set you free?

It's a galvanizing plant.

You could ask similar questions of any state or ideology that's just as obsessed with eradicating pot and jailing sellers and users alike.

Will the crack down stop there?

Edited by eyeball

It's a galvanizing plant.

You could ask similar questions of any state or ideology that's just as obsessed with eradicating pot and jailing sellers and users alike.

Will the crack down stop there?

I dont think it has anything to do with pot itself per say. Its about "government gone wild". When the government can throw a citizen in prison for growing a few harmless plants in their back yard, its time for that government to dismantled and replaced with something else... whether those plants are pot plants, carrots, or rubarb is of little consequence.

True, but more Canadians still choose "evil" America for obvious reasons. Maybe spying isn't such a big deal after all.

It depends... State sycophants are the ultimate nanny state liberals at heart. If you see the governments role as micromanager of every little personal decision, and you dont mind that the government spends 30% of the gross domestic product all this stuff, then youll gleefully support the war on drugs, or pretty much anything else.

People that value personal freedom just feel different. The vast majority of people that favor an end to the war on drugs are not even drug users. They are pragmatists that just dont think its going to work, and dont want to turn over so much of what they earn to a government that hates their freedom.