Taxing the rich more is a popular idea with the rich too

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is laughable.

The fact is YOU DO NOT SEE other people's tax returns. YOU HAVE NO IDEA who is paying what.

You hear this anecdote and that anecdote and think they are the norm without any basis for comparison.

And you wallow in this ignorance proudly.

You don't know what I know and I won't say how I know, so you can just wallow in your own ignorance proudly. :rolleyes:

I know that major 'toys' and upkeep ARE deducted as business expenses but seldom if ever used for business.

I know that people pick up RECEIPTS (but not the tab) for all kinds of non-business shared group social/recreational costs.

If you are as honest and pennypinching as you claim, you are a tiny minority, and people are laughing at you, because they laughed at me too: What I've described is very common.

And it is cheating, and it should be stopped by not allowing social/recreational deductions. It's disgusting.

I repeat:

These are luxuries most of us taxpayers can't afford, and yet we subsidize the ifestyles of the rich.

(And they laugh about it.)

Edited by jacee

You don't know what I know and I won't say how I know, so you can just wallow in your own ignorance proudly. :rolleyes:

I know that major 'toys' and upkeep ARE deducted as business expenses but seldom if ever used for business.

I know that people pick up RECEIPTS (but not the tab) for all kinds of non-business shared group social/recreational costs.

If you are as honest and pennypinching as you claim, you are a tiny minority, and people are laughing at you, because they laughed at me too: What I've described is very common.

And it is cheating, and it should be stopped by not allowing social/recreational deductions. It's disgusting.

Ah so you're talking about tax evasion.

Yes, it happens from time to time.

I know a guy who used to brag about how little taxes he paid. He was a real big shot.

Then one day he came to see me.

He was getting audited.

He paid so much in penalties and interest it made the back taxes look like nothing.

Now he doesn't brag because he's too busy working his butt off so he can recover his savings.

For good measure I stuck him with a real nice bill for my services.

Made my entire year.

Oh, and, no, I'm not very aggressive with my own taxes because I don't need to be... I'm not a big shot. :D

On an "identifiable group". What, you think there's going to be a Charter challenge on that one? Don't be ridiculous. We have a progressive tax system as it is. Does every new income bracket unfairly raise the taxes on a new "identifiable group"?

There should have been a charter challenge on the election or re-election of McLiar McPremier--- if increasing taxes on the poor is a charter problem.

On second thot--- re-electing him only indicated the stupidity of the Ontario voter.

There should have been a charter challenge on the election or re-election of McLiar McPremier--- if increasing taxes on the poor is a charter problem.

On second thot--- re-electing him only indicated the stupidity of the Ontario voter.

We get it. People who don't vote Conservatives are stupid. That can't be your argument for everything though.