And the new leader of the NDP is.... Thomas Mulcair

Guest Manny

Whole thing smacks of pandering to a perceived shift to the right in the voting public in Canada. In order to get more votes, a party must be seen as "more right-wing". rather than present a clear platform of what they represent, this party and to some extent the Liberals seem to change their position on issues based on the flavour of the month. Or the poll of the month, or whatever some political strategist tells them is popular now among the voters. Career politicians, like a bunch of used car salesman, say whatever it takes to get the deal done.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find your comments very interesting if not confusing, nor did I suggest you smoke pot.

The Liberals have your vote because... they believe in the continued criminalization of Marijuana?

The Liberals have No intention of Legalizing Marijuana.

You don't smoke it, but you believe in Legalizing it so much you will vote for the party that is against Decriminalizing it let alone Legalize it?

Somehow, I highly doubt your opinion that if "bearded fool" decriminalized Marijuana, you would vote NDP...

So I believe there is more at work here then simply the position of a narcotic and its decriminalization.

Because your "Socially Liberal" position is directly opposed to the position of the Liberal Party Of Canada.

It'd show they are listening to the majority of Canadians. If they give us what we want thats good

It'd show they are listening to the majority of Canadians. If they give us what we want thats good

The Libs had years of majority governments to decrim or legalize if they really wanted to, but they don't. The NDP and the vast majority of its membership do support legalization and regulation. Going to the liberals who have proven they won't do something because you suspect the NDP won't do it seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Going to the liberals who have proven they won't do something because you suspect the NDP won't do it seems pretty ridiculous to me.

That was a different liberal party, this liberal party has been 2nd and 3rd place in the last 6 years.. I have no doubt they will do things differently and not take the people whom voted for them for granted

Guest Manny

That was a different liberal party, this liberal party has been 2nd and 3rd place in the last 6 years.. I have no doubt they will do things differently and not take the people whom voted for them for granted

"Meet the new boss,"

The Libs had years of majority governments to decrim or legalize if they really wanted to, but they don't. The NDP and the vast majority of its membership do support legalization and regulation. Going to the liberals who have proven they won't do something because you suspect the NDP won't do it seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Im pretty sure the Liberals adopted the idea of decriminalizing it at their last convention.

Also, Chretien did try to decriminalize it in his last year in office. It didnt go through before he was kicked out. Also, that was over a decade ago. Times change, parties change.