And the new leader of the NDP is.... Thomas Mulcair

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NDP & LPC unleashed this Tory majority on Canada, its their responsibility to fix this

Really? You know that if the Bloc had won 50+ seats like they had in the past they'd be the opposition.

The truth is the NDP doesn't have national appeal. Their support is Quebec and a few select urban areas and that's pretty much it.

The major battleground is Ontario and that'll always be a battle between the LPC and the CPC.

Really? You know that if the Bloc had won 50+ seats like they had in the past they'd be the opposition.

The truth is the NDP doesn't have national appeal. Their support is Quebec and a few select urban areas and that's pretty much it.

The major battleground is Ontario and that'll always be a battle between the LPC and the CPC.

was talking about the bringing down of the government for petty reasons

Oh Noes!!!!

Voting Investigation. If I was Brian Topp and I lewse I wouldn't concede, this is clearly a conspiracy to interfere with democracy.

BTW just so you guise know, it doesn't matter who wins, this will be the story people talk about.

:lol: NDP.

Edited by Boges

Yes it will but you're giddy about it now... later you'll be on the defensive when people start pointing

at the conservatives

I guess you're right. The opposition has a track record of blaming the Conservatives for things they have absolutely no evidence to support. :rolleyes:

Guest Derek L

Oh Noes!!!!

Voting Investigation. If I was Brian Topp and I lewse I wouldn't concede, this is clearly a conspiracy to interfere with democracy.

BTW just so you guise know, it doesn't matter who wins, this will be the story people talk about.

:lol: NDP.

I just tuned into CBC........What exactly happened with their voting system?

I just tuned into CBC........What exactly happened with their voting system?

The voting system was designed to shut down if the number of voters (attempted in this case) exceeded the limit of ndp members

like a fail safe. tampering was confirmed but the votes were not messed with

Edited by stopstaaron

Guest Derek L

The voting system was designed to shut down if the number of voters (attempted in this case) exceeded the limit of ndp members

So NDP members were unable to vote online?

Was tampering really confirmed?

This has been a mess. Watching NDP communications trying to explain why this happened w low turnout was amusing. They kept saying it was because there was higher turnout than expected. That's terrible spin.

Edited by j44

yes. but all they did was try to slow it down, not get in

God I was sitting around for hours with nothing really happening and I got out for 30 minutes and I miss this? lol

On a scale of 1-10 how bad has this been for the party? It will obviously be a story tomorrow but how bad does it look?

Rob Silver is pointing out on his twitter feed that considering they are picking a leader in one day with a one member one vote system it isn't going that bad. Andrew Coyne pointed out that they had 8 months to plan for this and that two votes took 8 hours. lol

God I was sitting around for hours with nothing really happening and I got out for 30 minutes and I miss this? lol

On a scale of 1-10 how bad has this been for the party? It will obviously be a story tomorrow but how bad does it look?

Rob Silver is pointing out on his twitter feed that considering they are picking a leader in one day with a one member one vote system it isn't going that bad. Andrew Coyne pointed out that they had 8 months to plan for this and that two votes took 8 hours. lol

LOL

It isn't the NDPs fault or incompetence by the company they are using

it just happens in the digital world .. which is why online voting is not a good idea

Edited by stopstaaron

This is the embarrassing thing for the dippers.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1151442--ndp-leadership-high-voter-turnout-causes-delays-for-new-democrats-casting-ballots-online?bn=1

An apparently high voter turnout during the second round of voting at the leadership convention in Toronto is causing delays for New Democrats trying to cast their ballots online.

The party responded to reports of members having trouble casting their ballots through the website by extending the second ballot period to 12:45 p.m.

More than 131,000 NDP members are eligible to vote in the leadership contest and nearly 56,000 had already cast their preferential ballots in the advance polls that closed late Friday morning.

So what would have happened if all 131,000 tried to vote if 50,000-70,000 people crash the system?