The Blue Jays

Boges

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, btw, what made you a White Sox fan? Both Chicago teams suck, but at least Cubs fans have a pretty stadium to look at while they lose.

I actually like The Cubs...

I had tickets to go to Chicago on the Labour Day weekend in 1994...

Saturday and Sunday at Comiskey to see the Sox and the Yanks and Labour Day to see The Cubs and Expos at Wrigley...

I started liking the White Sox in the midt to late '70's when I was a kid.It's the same reason I'm an Atlanta Braves fan...We went to Florida in April of '74 and my dad got me out of bed to see Henry Aaron break Babe Ruth's Home Run Record...Been a fan ever since...

With baseball,it goes like this with me:

American League

1(a) Chicago White Sox

1(b ) New York Yankees

1(c ) Cleveland Indians

National League

1. Atlanta Braves

2.Chcago Cubs

3.Pittsburgh Pirates

And even though the Cubs do have a nice stadium,at least the White Sox TRY to win...

Chicago Cubs:

No World Series win since 1908!

No World Series appearance since 1945 (lost to Detroit in 6)

Edited by Jack Weber

And even though the Cubs do have a nice stadium,at least the White Sox TRY to win...

Chicago Cubs:

No World Series win since 1908!

No World Series appearance since 1945 (lost to Detroit in 6)

There was this 2-hour documentary that TSN replayed on Monday about the Steve Bartman play and the fallout from it. Pretty funny and interesting stuff.

That being said enough about your crappy Chicago teams, this is a Jays thread. :blink:

Edited by Boges

The good news from last nights 12-2 beatdown is that there was no need for our closer to suck, since the starter and bullpen did it first.

Gonna be a really long season until the pitching gets a lot better. You cannot throw fastball after fastball down the middle of the plate and expect not to get smashed. Yes, I mean you Morrow.

The good news from last nights 12-2 beatdown is that there was no need for our closer to suck, since the starter and bullpen did it first.

Gonna be a really long season until the pitching gets a lot better. You cannot throw fastball after fastball down the middle of the plate and expect not to get smashed. Yes, I mean you Morrow.

Morrow's first two starts were great. The bullpen blew the games for him.

You're really hard on this team eh.

There was this 2-hour documentary that TSN replayed on Monday about the Steve Bartman play and the fallout from it. Pretty funny and interesting stuff.

That being said enough about your crappy Chicago teams, this is a Jays thread. :blink:

Someone asked a question and I answered...

Twenty years of futility coming up for the Blue Jokes...

Enjoy...

Someone asked a question and I answered...

Twenty years of futility coming up for the Blue Jokes...

Enjoy...

One of your ChiSox Pitchers got a Perfecto game. :o

The Royals is just what the struggling Blue Jays needed. Let's hope they can go to Baltimore and win some games.

Santos is on the 15-day DL. :( Cordero isn't that great a Closer.

Edited by Boges

One of your ChiSox Pitchers got a Perfecto game. :o

Not bad ,eh?

Phil Humber was UNTOUCHABLE...Had just over 80 pitches through 8...It's becoming a reoccurring thing on the South Side because Mark Buehrle pitched the El Perfecto against Tampa Bay in 2008...

By the way,the last pitch Humber threw was a ball and the Seattle batter DID NOT swing through,however,they weren't going to rob a guy of a perfect game on the potential last pitch...

3 game sweep of The Mariners and now it's on to Oakland for three and back home to hopefully demolish the Dead Sox...

By the way,at the same time Humber was pitching the perfect game on Saturday,how 'bout the classic Boston Red Sox collapse against the Yanks at Fenway??

Love watching Red Sox suffering!!Especially at the hands of the Yankees in their rat infested ball park!!!!

:lol:B)

Edited by Jack Weber

• 2 weeks later...

11-5 win in the rubber match against the Rangers at home today.

They've won every series they've played this except against teams named Rays and Orioles. Alas those are the teams they need to beat to make the playoffs. :angry:

Welcome to the world of .500 baseball....

They're 14-11, that's 3 games above .500. :rolleyes:

Your Chisox are 12-11 in that shitty division.

So :P

Both are around .500 with many of the same opponents...

20 years and counting kiddo....

Keep the memories alive...They're all you're going to have for a long time...

:P:lol::lol:

Well the Jays just put up 11 runs on the top team in the AL. Yeah they're average. :rolleyes:

So you don't see the promise in this team? If you don't, I doubt you've watched them.

The past 20 years where they've been perpetually mediocre is irrelevant this season and going forward.

Had they played in a division like the AL Central they'd probably have several playoff births though.

Edited by Boges

Well the Jays just put up 11 runs on the top team in the AL. Yeah they're average. :rolleyes:

So you don't see the promise in this team? If you don't, I doubt you've watched them.

The past 20 years where they've been perpetually mediocre is irrelevant this season and going forward.

Had they played in a division like the AL Central they'd probably have several playoff births though.

The Blue Jays are going to finish somewhere between 10 games over or 10 games under by the end of the season...

Too many "what if's"...Just like The White Sox...

But,by all means,keep those memories alive...You're gonna need 'em!!!

memories of world series wins arent too bad. Chicago of course remembers theirs, hell one since 1917 is easy vs the last 3 year defending World Series Champs?

Chicago ever lead the league in attendance? ....or just futility?

Sox will always have history, a good stadium (prefer Cubbies)opver TO.

Anyone looking to have a team would take TO over ChSox in a heartbeat.

memories of world series wins arent too bad. Chicago of course remembers theirs, hell one since 1917 is easy vs the last 3 year defending World Series Champs?

Anyone looking to have a team would take TO over ChSox in a heartbeat.

Maybe...

Wanna compare wins/losses over the last decade???

Attendance??

More 20 years memories...

The Cubs have sold out forever, they party hard there, great place to watch the Cubbies lose.

The White Sox have a good stadium? When did that happen? The times I've been, it was an empty souless cavern.

The Cubs have sold out forever, they party hard there, great place to watch the Cubbies lose.

The White Sox have a good stadium? When did that happen? The times I've been, it was an empty souless cavern.

I miss the original Comiskey Park...

Did you know that the closest seat to home plate in the upper deck at the new Comiskey Park is farther away than the last seat in the upper deck behind home plate in the old ballpark??

And please don't tell me the Rogers Centre has better sightlines than Comiskey II...

Having said that,many (not all...I like the Cubs too) Cubs fans tend to be either "place" fans or more interested in a party (nothing wrong with that)...Most White Sox fans are hardcore baseball fans....And The Cubs haven't sold out forever...That only happened when they started to be seen regularily on WGN...

Edited by Jack Weber

Maybe...

Wanna compare wins/losses over the last decade???

Attendance??

More 20 years memories...

Sure , what good will that do. Have the Sox done anything since the last win....single WS win that is?

Attendance, Sox beat Jays, avg of 35,000 per year...NOT per game. Wow!

Record-10 yrs, Sox beat Jays, 3.5 more wins per season.

Good thing Sox are in the Central Div , otherwise those numbers wouldnt be switched, they would be decimated.

Sure , what good will that do. Have the Sox done anything since the last win....single WS win that is?

Attendance, Sox beat Jays, avg of 35,000 per year...NOT per game. Wow!

Record-10 yrs, Sox beat Jays, 3.5 more wins per season.

Good thing Sox are in the Central Div , otherwise those numbers wouldnt be switched, they would be decimated.

Maybe...Or maybe Jerry Reinsdorf would actually have to spend money wisely...If I'm not mistaken,The White Sox have close to the same payroll as Toronto does this year??

When was the single Chicago White Sox World Series Victory,by the way???

Unless you think 2005 was the only 'Series they've won??

That's the thing. Getting to play the Royals 20 times a year does wonders on a team's record.

But with Baltimore playing excellent this year and the fact Tampa is in the running, the Jays don't really have any excuses this season.

I will say this about the Jays. I can't think of a really horrible move Anthopolis has made in his tenure. This team probably isn't a playoff team this year but they're easily on an upwards trajectory.

That's the thing. Getting to play the Royals 20 times a year does wonders on a team's record.

But with Baltimore playing excellent this year and the fact Tampa is in the running, the Jays don't really have any excuses this season.

I will say this about the Jays. I can't think of a really horrible move Anthopolis has made in his tenure. This team probably isn't a playoff team this year but they're easily on an upwards trajectory.

Here's the thing...

The Blue Jays have been playing patsies like Baltimore for the last 10 years,also...The Orioles haven't had a winning season since the last time they were in the play offs...

That was....

wait for it.......

1997!!!

Does anyone think the Orioles are going to be there in the end???

(I hasten to remind you that Toronto has only won 1 out of 6 meetings with Baltimore this year!!!)

The last paragraph I agree with...The problem is that Toronto,when the chips are down at the end of July,won't be able to go out and get anybody of real value.I don't think Chicago is going to even be close enough by that time,but,barring injury,ya' wanna bet Aprils AL pitcher of the month,Jake Peavy,ends up in New York,Boston,Texas etc???

How much ya' think that type of trade at the deadline fetches out of any of those teams farm systems???

Maybe...Or maybe Jerry Reinsdorf would actually have to spend money wisely...If I'm not mistaken,The White Sox have close to the same payroll as Toronto does this year??

Sox have almost double the payroll. Never did think Kenny Williams had any brains. And his hissy fit against the Jays (sold injure4d goods) was proof of that.

Sox payroll $127M

Jay $65M

When was the single Chicago White Sox World Series Victory,by the way???

Unless you think 2005 was the only 'Series they've won??

...you forgot the part where I said "since 1917'