How councillors coalesced to defeat Mayor Rob Ford

Probably , but the truth is there exists a by-law to remove snow from sidewalks in TO.

Any able bodied person living in a residence, whether rich or poor, can get it done. The only ones who cannot are the elderly or infirmed.

it is a waste of money and should be stopped.

Poor people reside predominantly in apartments, and it falls to the super to get the job done.

What about public sidewalks? You know the sidewalks on commercial areas, They would never get plowed if not for the city. There are also apartment buildings on residential areas that have sidewalks too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about public sidewalks? You know the sidewalks on commercial areas, They would never get plowed if not for the city.

Ok, well thats obvious that it is needed there.

There are also apartment buildings on residential areas that have sidewalks too.

Yup, there are, the apt building is the same as a house, they have to clear it from the sidewalk out front.

Ok, well thats obvious that it is needed there.

Yup, there are, the apt building is the same as a house, they have to clear it from the sidewalk out front.

We had a little bit of snow yesterday so because of this thread I took note of which sidewalks had been cleared and which ones had not. Sideroads tended not to be cleared by a plow (You can tell because you can see the track impressions of the plow)

But there are areas that need to be cleared because they aren't in front of people's houses that lots of people use.

I get it and I do not live rich nor affluently. Dont get me wrong, I like the sidewalk service, but appreciate the 'no winnows allowed" thingy I get too !

Winnows aree the piles left at end of driveway, the snowplow has anextra blade that comes down and prevents the snow from piling there.t.

Oddly, Ottawa, which gets a lot more snow than Toronto, provides no such service.

Somehow we survive.

Yes you do and quite well I might add.

You pay a higher tax rate too which is where the problem originates, ours is too low.

Again it's kind of a misnomer because people are paying so much more for Real Estate. Considering what your house is assessed at in Toronto compared to surrounding suburbs, you probably pay more for property taxes.

Again it's kind of a misnomer because people are paying so much more for Real Estate. Considering what your house is assessed at in Toronto compared to surrounding suburbs, you probably pay more for property taxes.

Not as much as one would think. (If I have my math right)

A house in Ottawa assessed at $350,000 pays more than a Toronto house assessed at $500,000 .

Mill rates...Ott = 1.256472 , To= 0.8305702

I'm curious as to what do you suppose happens when there's a subsidized housing shortage?

Isn't there already one? There's a waiting list isn't there?

The idea of this sell-off is to raise money to improve the dozens of businesses apartment buildings TCH owns.

What's wrong with that?

Edited by Boges

• 7 months later...

Некоторые сферы касаются с обсуждением проблем, в результате которых поднимается много споров. Споры могут возникать в самых разных ситуациях. Страховые споры в наше время совсем не редкий случай. Страхование – один из главных институтов, который гарантирует защиту здоровья, жизни, имущества людей и фирм от всякого вида вероятных рисков. Также не менее важными становятся споры по земле. споры по земле происходят между обладателями рядом находящихся участков земли, также такие споры происходят по поводу предоставления участка земли.

Адвокатская фирма НУР это Трудовые споры