Sick Business World: How Can We Heal It?

Where do you get that our business community is very sick? Most of those stories are coming from the USA. Lets not get melodramatic. The article hardly mentions Canada as deteriorating largely; in fact it says; even Canada. Hardly the condemnation you are harolding.

Where do you get that our business community is very sick? Most of those stories are coming from the USA. Lets not get melodramatic. The article hardly mentions Canada as deteriorating largely; in fact it says; even Canada. Hardly the condemnation you are harolding.

Indeed; the article doesn't even say where Canada ranks on that list. As well, it says "perceptions of countries including the US, Israel, Luxembourg and even Canada had deteriorated over the past year". *Perceptions*.

Anyway. How to clean up Canada's business comunity?

Let Quebec separate! :lol:

-kimmy

I don't know how many of you who post on these pages actually are in the workplace,but in my case,I deal with many companies,and the malcontent of people is alarming.The problem is usually concern for their job,or money.Again,this would relay back to taxes,companies cut jobs in order to pay ever increasing taxes,and the people left working are taking home less money,by way of high taxation.The solution is not very difficult to figure out.

Bro when labour costs were my responsibility I never, ever hired more people than I needed. High taxes or no high taxes I used as many person hours as I needed and not a half hour more. To suggest that I would hire more people because my company paid less tax would be to suggest that I was an incompetant manager and wasted the company's money. Furthermore no company in the world would spend money earned through lower taxes on labour. It would go to profit or the shareholders would through management out (or simply not give them as large bonuses.

The exception is R and D but that is the only exception.

That is what is simple.

Well,you know the business world probably better than I do,but lower taxes has always created more jobs in the private sector,except with maybe larger companies,where the majority of stockholders are politicians.Again,they are working in our best interest,eh.

I have been in private small business for many years,and when the company does well,we all benefit,not the case in larger companies,due to greedy stockholders,again many of whom are politico's.

Guest eureka

The old ttax bugaboo again!

Taxes in Canada are not high by comparison with other countries. Also, lower taxes do not lead to greater employment - they have an effect on investment that might lead to some job creation. However, that is offset by other factors.

Some years ago, the economist Ayrton Sen presented a paper to an international conference of economists in Stockholm. The paper compared the economies of high taxed economies with lower taxed ones in the developed world. The conclusion was that there was no discernible difference in performance,

Interestingly, though, the higher taxed nations had lower poverty rates and lower unemployment rates.

Not one economist at the conference questioned his findings.

Our economy may be sick and underforming as is the Western world in general. However, it has nothing to do with rates of taxation

Don't believe all that the Fraser Institute or Stephen Harper and the like tell you. They speak from personal interest and ambition only.

Is the real worl too painful for us to accept?

Maybe it's time to lose some of our denial, eh?

Article

The article you posted doesn't support the point you're trying to make at all. Did you even read it?

-kimmy

The old ttax bugaboo again!

Taxes in Canada are not high by comparison

Interestingly, though, the higher taxed nations had lower poverty rates and lower unemployment rates.

Not one economist at the conference questioned his findings.

lol #1 BS

#2 BS

#3 That is why BS is allowed to control political agendas,no one bothers to question people in the position of providing information.

Guest eureka

If that is BS, try to disprove it. For example, recent articles appeared in the Toronto Star and were picked up by others on the subject of tax rates.

One for you to chew on is that the total tax take from individuals is lower in Ontario than in New York State. Also, corporate tax rates are lower than in most American jurisdictions.

Canada ranked in the middle of G8 countries in taxes BEFORE the last round of cuts. It is now, obviously, in the lower half.

Many American companies are in Canada. Perhaps we should stop fopreign ownership in Canada so they don't pull down our statistics.

Canada is still a fairly honest country to do business in; far from the doom and gloom insinuated. We may have dropped a notch but we are still one of the most reliable.