Imagine Pegy Nash as PM

lukin

To some extent………….But that doesn’t mean I support every policy put forth by the CPC…….I have opinions and prejudices like everyone else………Also, each party has members and supporters far out into the fringes, as each party has to keep said members locked up and muzzled during an election campaign…….Over the last few years, the CPC has been trending to the political center with positive results……….If one looks at the records and governing styles of Pearson, PET, Mulroney, Chrétien , Martin and now Harper……….is there real that much of a difference?

Yes. There is.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So,you are nothing more than a partisan hack?

Jack, we are all partisan hacks, including you. That's what the power elite wants. Let the ordinary citizens argue about petty left/right politics while they continue their ploy. It amazes me why people can't figure this out.

Jack, we are all partisan hacks, including you. That's what the power elite wants. Let the ordinary citizens argue about petty left/right politics while they continue their ploy. It amazes me why people can't figure this out.

It would certainly seem that way to someone who can only understand things in black and white terms.

you cant tell me harpers voters are gonna be happy with him not doing anythinh bout gay marriage now that he CAN repeal it

the economy is an election issue and in 3 years if its not righted why should anyone vote conservative?

was promising to support Israel an election issue?

I voted for Harper. I could care less about gay marriage or abortion. The economy is the most important thing, but no alternative I can see is likely to perform better on it than the Tories. As for supporting Israel, with some reservations, I'm for it.

I voted for Harper. I could care less about gay marriage or abortion. The economy is the most important thing, but no alternative I can see is likely to perform better on it than the Tories. As for supporting Israel, with some reservations, I'm for it.

Reforms made by the Liberals got us through the "recession", while the Conservatives are racking up record debts and you believe they're the best ones to handle the economy? I guess everyone's entitled to their opinions.

click on the comment section of these articles, you'll see you're in the minority :)

BTW CTV and Globe and Mail are pretty conservative

<snort> <guffaw>

The comments section of the G&M has been mentioned before. There seems to be a large group of, how shall I term them, insane people, who are so far to the left they'd probably think most NDP MPs are fascists, who wait with slavering anticipation for their opportunity scream about how evil Harper is on any conceivable subject, however tangential it is to politics. The comments section of the Globe sometimes makes Rabble.ca seem mainstream.

Aside from Mulcair and perhaps Dewar the NDP leadership candidates look less than stellar. I fully expect their numbers to start going down soon and the Liberals to regain opposition again in 2015.

Back to the thread topic I think Peggy Nash is an intellectual powerhouse and would be the best choice to lead. Best choice for Canada, that is, as NDP leader.

Aside from Mulcair and perhaps Dewar the NDP leadership candidates look less than stellar. I fully expect their numbers to start going down soon and the Liberals to regain opposition again in 2015.

With Layton gone the NDP support will be gone come next election and a revived Liberal party will win a majority government

With Layton gone the NDP support will be gone come next election and a revived Liberal party will win a majority government

Actually with layton gone its time for the real talent to step up and start swinging at lego hair Harper!

The only question now is how much will the liberals be held back by their fear.

WWWTT

Brian Topp quite literally created Layton's campaign, the most successful campaign in NDP history. I really believe he's the best contender, even if he doesn't have a seat in the house.

I'd be really happy for him to work on Mulcair's campaign!:P

OK, seriously, I'm mostly going by surface-level impressions at this stage. I'll wait for the first debate.

Edited by Evening Star

I doubt the new NDP leader will be as likable and genuine as Jack was therefore I will probably vote liberal next time

1. I will never vote Liberal.
  2. I will never vote Conservative.
  3. I will never vote NDP.
  4. I will never vote for the Bloc.