Falling satellites, who's pays IF

It's fine by me...the Lions-Falcons game is just as boring and I'm just waiting for the washing machine cycle to finish. It's all good.

Oh, are you sitting on top of the washing machine? ;)

As for football, I subscribe to gamepass so I always watch the condensed version of games starting Monday night. Think I'll take a pass on that one - that could be 28 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Oh, are you sitting on top of the washing machine? ;)

No..too high to do that as it's a front loader that sits atop a tall floor pedestal.

As for football, I subscribe to gamepass so I always watch the condensed version of games starting Monday night. Think I'll take a pass on that one - that could be 28 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

It's just idle time, and traditional for this time of the year. Leaves can be raked at halftime and it's time to put the hoses away before the first hard freeze. But to your point, I still tape all network games just in case something amazing happens, like last night's Sparties game.

Again, how much money changed hands for liability? It is easy to apologize but admit no financial liability.

"The United States government officially apologizes for any satellites that have fallen on your head."

The Residential School Experience fund pays for the suffering at the schools. It is something like $40k per person plus $10k for every year each individual attended. However, there are about 150,000 people that didn't agree to the settlement and they are pursuing individual and class action lawsuits.

And even though the Truth and Reconciliation Commission won't demand names and eye witnesses, there are private investigations going on that are following those leads and the RCMP has already begun laying charges. With convictions, the cost of lawsuits and/or settlements will grow exponentially.

What people don't know is that the apology was not voluntary. It was one of the 3 conditions of an out of court settlement in the class action lawsuit against the government by the survivors. The funding and conducting of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission as well as the Residential School Experience fund were also parts of that out of court settlement....

....What people don't know is that the apology was not voluntary. It was one of the 3 conditions of an out of court settlement in the class action lawsuit against the government by the survivors. The funding and conducting of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission as well as the Residential School Experience fund were also parts of that out of court settlement....

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout...and people wonder why I set such bait. Rookies!

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout...and people wonder why I set such bait. Rookies!

That is a major problem in Canada. Most Canadians Harper was a good guy for offering the apology and think "that should be it!". Canada's liability goes far deeper than that.

Still, Americans believe they are immune from that kind of accusation yet drove thousands to their death, confined Indian children to far worse residential schools during the same era and continue to ignore freedoms and rights of many of its people.

Who pays? It is an international question.

Still, Americans believe they are immune from that kind of accusation yet drove thousands to their death, confined Indian children to far worse residential schools during the same era and continue to ignore freedoms and rights of many of its people.

They are immune from such liability....but have adjudicated treaty rights far better than in Canada, which still squats on land claims.

Not true.

Individual states have been legally attacking Tribes over gas and tobacco tax exemptions. That is not adjudicating treaty rights better.

Is too....off reservation fishing, hunting, and gathering rights have been upheld. That doesn't include gas and tobacco! Many Natives are proud to be the First Americans! ;)

Is too....off reservation fishing, hunting, and gathering rights have been upheld. That doesn't include gas and tobacco! Many Natives are proud to be the First Americans! ;)

You can't be selective about treaty rights. Either all of them are upheld or they are not. Violating some treaty rights means that you are still violating tribes' rights.

You can't be selective about treaty rights. Either all of them are upheld or they are not. Violating some treaty rights means that you are still violating tribes' rights.

What percentage of land is controlled by First Nations in Canada? Come back when you have some serious numbers for unsettled land claims.

What percentage of land is controlled by First Nations in Canada? Come back when you have some serious numbers for unsettled land claims.

100%

Treaties in Canada never ceded the land outright. It merely traded some sui generis land "rights" for guarantees. Aboriginal rights exist over most of Canada.

However about 30% of Canada has never been ceded. Those lands remain as a plenum dominum aboriginal title.

Come back when you can demonstrate that a Treaty was not made in the US under the threat of extermination or duress.

Edited by charter.rights

100%

Treaties in Canada never ceded the land outright. It merely traded some sui generis land "rights" for guarantees. Aboriginal rights exist over most of Canada.

Sure they do...tell it to their Queen and Parliament.

However about 30% of Canada has never been ceded. Those lands remain as a plenum dominum aboriginal title.

Native Americans don't speak Latin, or trust those who do.

Come back when you can demonstrate that a Treaty was not made in the US under the threat of extermination or duress.

NAFTA

Related question - who pays for your house and dead relatives when a nuclear reactor melts down ?

Answer: nobody.

Depends on where it happens...Japan's current law requires TEPCO to pay:

http://fukushimanewsresearch.wordpress.com/2011/08/01/japan-nuclear-redress-law-vague-about-responsibility-for-fukushima-crisis/