Dark matter

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of explanation of how a magnet can extend a spring and keep it extended without work being perpetually done,

please see:

http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/30477/if-gravity-is-a-bend-in-space-time-then-what-is-magnetism

I believe the contention here is that the presence of a magnetic field will effect the space near the field,

The spring isn't actually pulled to the magnet but falls to the magnet and then rests in the low energy state that Kimmy

was talking about earlier in regards to fridge magnets and bricks.

Once the magnetic field is removed space returns to its normal state and the spring retracts.

Sorta, kinda, but the physics involved appears quite complex for me as I have never learned the Calculus; all the terms and symbols are beyond my ken.

Bottom line I am taking the word of Physicists as gospel. Not any one physicist, mind, but the general consensus from the folks that brought us CERN and hand-held calculators and such.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not religious, but god is not really that hard to conceive through science.

100-200yrs from now we may have colonies on other planets, we may have nanomachines in our blood that allow us to hold our breath for hours and sprint at full speed for 30 minutes, we may be able to halt or reverse aging.

Future humans will be an "intelligently designed" conglomerate of biology and technology. We will have been our own creators. I don't see why it's so hard to conceive of a highly advanced lifeform creating a habital planet and lifeforms to occupy the planet.

Heaven and hell is harder to fathom scientifically though.. But maybe a religious person chooses to take the word of a highly advanced lifeform over some primitive creature that can't even figure out how to observe dark matter! :lol:

I'm not religious, but god is not really that hard to conceive through science.

Future humans will be an "intelligently designed" conglomerate of biology and technology. We will have been our own creators. I don't see why it's so hard to conceive of a highly advanced lifeform creating a habital planet and lifeforms to occupy the planet.

You're right... It's not that hard to conceive a god through science (fiction). It's also not hard to conceive of a god banging mountains together to create thunder.

Anyone can, and have, conceived of all sorts of gods. The difficult part (hasn't happened as of yet) is to provide evidence for these advanced humanoids who dropped us off on the planet.

You're right... It's not that hard to conceive a god through science (fiction). It's also not hard to conceive of a god banging mountains together to create thunder.

Anyone can, and have, conceived of all sorts of gods. The difficult part (hasn't happened as of yet) is to provide evidence for these advanced humanoids who dropped us off on the planet.

And, even if such beings exist (which is certainly possible), they would have no resemblance to the ideas of "god" dreamed up by desert nomads.