What's wrong with Support our Troops stickers on government vehicl

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I don't believe in blanket statements like "support the troops". I just barely support the troop in Afghanistan, but if Canada had gone into Iraq I would not have supported them. In fact I would have considered them war criminals along with the Americans. Yes the Canadian armed forces do a lot of great things around the world as far as humanitarian aid,"and the many domestic operations in response to natural disasters and for events such as the Olympics". For this I have a great deal of respect for them, but that is their job. To make statement like "to support the troops is always the right choice" is clearly wrong.

Yes the Canadian armed forces do a lot of great things around the world as far as humanitarian aid,"and the many domestic operations in response to natural disasters and for events such as the Olympics". For this I have a great deal of respect for them, but that is their job.

They also kill the enemy. That is job one.

Army Guy, most if not all of my comments were directed towards the American forces. One of the reasons to be proud to be a Canadian is the fact that we as a country stay out of most if not all unjust wars (Iraq, and Vietnam for example)....

Nope...Canada made billions from the Vietnam War on napalm, defoliants, ammunition, boots, castings, etc. As for Iraq, PM Martin begged President Bush for a piece of the oil services contracts once all the big shootin' was done.

You gotta problem with the American forces...they won't buy even more war materials from you!

Right on Chippewa, thanks for reminding us of all the bad things that was done by Bush et al, back in their day. It's all too easy to forget that now as we argue about our money and worry about what the scary terrorists are going to do when they take over the whole world.

Fact is WE are the real, much bigger and badder terrorists and you can count that up any way you please, whether it's in number of attacks, or dead bodies or dollars spent making bombs. But because we are vetted, we are the establishment, that makes it alright in some peoples minds. Just shows how stupid people are, all around the world.

They also kill the enemy. That is job one.

Maybe, but being Canada we should not have any enemies. I love the fact that our foreign Policy is the opposite of the Americans. Maybe that's why Canada is so respected internationally, and America is hated so much. To any Americans listening, you weren't attacked because as Bush said "They hate our freedom".You were attacked because of your foreign Policies, these being Corporate domination of the world and feeding your addiction to oil.

Maybe, but being Canada we should not have any enemies.

That is a non sequitor.

I love the fact that our foreign Policy is the opposite of the Americans.

I am forced to assume you aren't familiar with canadian or american foreign policy.

You were attacked because of your foreign Policies, these being Corporate domination of the world and feeding your addiction to oil.

So given we are pretty much the same as the US, we will also be attacked and we have enemies.

Now aren't you glad killing the enemy is job one?

Maybe, but being Canada we should not have any enemies. I love the fact that our foreign Policy is the opposite of the Americans. Maybe that's why Canada is so respected internationally, and America is hated so much....

Sure....the world just loves Canada for bombing Iraqis (1991) and Serbs (1999), killing Haitians (2004), and kicking Taliban ass in Afghanistan! Respect homies....

http://www.aviationartists.ca/Charles%20Kadin/ckadin%20kosovo%20CF18s.htm

:rolleyes: Please enlighten me on the similarities.

Here Ya go:

Canada is ordering another 1,000 smart bombs as CF-18 fighters continue to carry out missions against Libya, and Parliament is set to debate the country's role in the war.

The Defence Department recently ordered the equipment needed for more than 1,300 laser-guided smart bombs. That order consisted of specialized nose and tail systems, which transform an unguided "dumb bomb" into a laser-guided smart bomb.

This new order is for the systems
needed for 1,000 more bombs
and Canada is expected to place additional orders as the conflict continues.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Canada+buys+more+smart+munitions/4941043/story.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Sure....the world just loves Canada for bombing Iraqis (1991) and Serbs (1999), killing Haitians (2004), and kicking Taliban ass in Afghanistan! Respect homies....

http://www.aviationartists.ca/Charles%20Kadin/ckadin%20kosovo%20CF18s.htm

Other than the massive blemish that Harper gave Canada at the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen it is still a fact Canada is loved and respected around the world. This is the reason why many American's traveling outside the US will display a Canadian flag on their backpack. How long would the poor bastards last with an America flag displayed...lol.

Other than the massive blemish that Harper gave Canada at the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen it is still a fact Canada is loved and respected around the world. This is the reason why many American's traveling outside the US will display a Canadian flag on their backpack. How long would the poor bastards last with an America flag displayed...lol.

Two myths already debunked around here rookie...do you smell something burning? :unsure:

Burning the Canadian flag

Here Ya go:

Canada is ordering another 1,000 smart bombs as CF-18 fighters continue to carry out missions against Libya, and Parliament is set to debate the country's role in the war.

The Defence Department recently ordered the equipment needed for more than 1,300 laser-guided smart bombs. That order consisted of specialized nose and tail systems, which transform an unguided "dumb bomb" into a laser-guided smart bomb.

This new order is for the systems
needed for 1,000 more bombs
and Canada is expected to place additional orders as the conflict continues.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Canada+buys+more+smart+munitions/4941043/story.html

Libya is aberrant move by Canada made by our version of George Bush (Stephen Harper). Far from the norm historically. If Harper had been in office with a majority when the Iraq war started, Canada would have been involved.

Two myths already debunked around here rookie...do you smell something burning? :unsure:

Burning the Canadian flag

Sir I ask this with all due respect..are you on crack? What does a picture of a Canadian anarchist (Anti-state) burning a Canadian flag (symbol of the state) have anything to do with anything.

Edited by CitizenX

Nope. Canadians should vote in referendums requiring super-majorities before we send soldiers outside our borders.

Well, if Canadians were all as sappy as you we'd be easy pickin's for hostile invasion and conquest by just about any country that has a few guns that are semi-workable.

Libya is aberrant move by Canada made by our version of George Bush (Stephen Harper). Far from the norm historically. If Harper had been in office with a majority when the Iraq war started, Canada would have been involved.

Really? Was Harper PM when NATO acted in Bosnia, or Croatia....or Kosovo?

Was Harper PM when the RCAF flew combat patrols over Kuwait and Iraq?

Was Harper PM when Canadian Aircrews over flew Soviet forces to bring supplies to besieged Berlin?

I would suggest to you that Canadian Forces overseas in support of our allies is the historical norm.....from the Boer War to korea to Libya...

Keep in mind what Job One is....

Edited by M.Dancer

Aberrant move? Hardly....better check Canada's recent history in far away places. You were supporting the troops and didn't even know it.

Guest Derek L

It was just one example, if you look through history you will find to many examples to list here. My point is that the military is designed in a very specific way. It's all about brain washing.

1) You recruit from communities that are undereducated and have few career options

Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

2) You break these people down physically and mentally to the point that they will follow your orders in

their sleep.

Couldn't that be any job? I've known a few that worked on the rigs and fishing boats prior, their opinion of basic, was that it was a cakewalk......

3) You limit interactions with people outside this culture.

Bullshit.

4) You create a hierarchy that enables individuals to off-load the blame of immoral acts to an

authority over them.

Wouldn't this Counteract point number two?

Edited by Derek L