Phil Fontaine Liberal Leader?

I am simply assuming that any aboriginal leader with name recognition will tend to favour his own heritage over Canada given the public rhetoric used by these people.

Provincial politicians have moved onto federal politics and vice versa. I don't really see the difference. There are different kinds of leaders at any level.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Nations are not Canadians. That is the difference.

What are you saying? That First nations don't recognize borders? That First Nations are international citizens? If First Nations residing in Canada are not Canadians, then I would be tempted to say they have no country.

Canada resides on First Nations lands. We're the foreigners.

Canada is a country, First Nations is not. Canada is recognized internationally as a sovereign country, First Nations is not. Currency is the Canadian dollar, not the wampum. It is the way it is. No amount of moaning about foreigners and squatters will change that fact. What I do understand is that everyone needs a mission in life and you are welcome to continue banging your head against a brick wall.

Canada is a country, First Nations is not. Canada is recognized internationally as a sovereign country, First Nations is not. Currency is the Canadian dollar, not the wampum. It is the way it is. No amount of moaning about foreigners and squatters will change that fact. What I do understand is that everyone needs a mission in life and you are welcome to continue banging your head against a brick wall.

Your myths don't counter the fact that Canada resides on First Nations lands.

First Nations are sovereign peoples and have a right to self-government.

First Nations can and do often use American currency but in reality none of that matters. There are no taxes on reserves and so the currency is irrelevent. The Free Lakota Nation Bank has created their own currency based on silver. Given that First Nations are now generating hundreds of billions a year in their own economic development it is just a matter of time before they create their own....or not... And by the way, any corporation can create currency.

The Haudenosaunee Passport and Nation are recognized in over 42 countries world wide. One of them is the US. So They are also recognized internationally as a sovereign country.

First Nations hold treaties simultaneously with the US and Canada. Treaties are international agreements recognized as prime law under the United Nations.

That is the way it is. I realize that some people's mission in their life is to run away from and deny reality. That is why we have mental wards hospitals. You are welcome to keep banging you head agaisnt the wall, but I would assured you they will come for eventually if you do not stop.

Edited by charter.rights

That is the way it is. I realize that some people's mission in their life is to run away from and deny reality. That is why we have mental wards hospitals. You are welcome to keep banging you head agaisnt the wall, but I would assured you they will come for eventually if you do not stop.

Maybe so, but we've drifted a long way from the opening post. I'm still waiting to hear you explain how with all this talk about natives being a sovereign country any aboriginal party leader has a hope in hell of getting enough Canadians to vote him in as PM.

Maybe so, but we've drifted a long way from the opening post. I'm still waiting to hear you explain how with all this talk about natives being a sovereign country any aboriginal party leader has a hope in hell of getting enough Canadians to vote him in as PM.

Not me. I am arguing against that premise. No First Nation leader will ever be Prime Minister. Not Fountaine, not Atleo.

Well, Fontaine isn't a leader anyway. Actually, that means he would fit right into the current Liberal party. Seriously though, you're still wrong on so many levels. The burden of proof falls to you.

I hear ya....

la la la la la (sung with hands over his ears) la la la la ....I can't hear you......

You have no proof and your opinion is a poor substitute for fact.

I hear ya....

You have no proof and your opinion is a poor substitute for fact.

I went back to your opening post. I see that you're absolutely right about your position!

It was the way you set up your quote. You didn't change the font or make anything bold since it was all the same my eye took it to mean that the quote was actually just more of your own words.

Sorry. I should have peered at it more closely. Still, a mere highlight and click on the 'italics' button would have prevented any misunderstanding.

First nations have recognition at the UN unlike say the Libyan Rebels. It seems the Harper government can throw their support behind the Libyan Rebels why not the First Nations.

Edited by William Ashley

First nations have recognition at the UN unlike say the Libyan Rebels. It seems the Harper government can throw their support behind the Libyan Rebels why not the First Nations.

Doesn't the Harper Government, like all the federal govts before him, throw support to First Nations to the tune of around $8 billion per year, every year? Are the Libyans getting that kind of dough now from Canada?

Oh, and thanks for posting something less than a page!

Doesn't the Harper Government, like all the federal govts before him, throw support to First Nations to the tune of around $8 billion per year, every year? Are the Libyans getting that kind of dough now from Canada?

Oh, and thanks for posting something less than a page!

The $6 billion of the total $14 billion AANA budget is actually Indian monies in the first place.

The government manages a $2trillion First Nations trust that is earning compounded interest at a rate of $35 billion annually. That means that the remaining $29 billion they earn in interest is added to the trust which by 2020 will have added another $1 trillion to the account.

BTW the First Nations trust account does not include monies that will be paid by way of land claims or other settlement for loss of use. It is that actual amount owing today. If we were to add lands claims it is quite possible our total debt to First Nations could exceed $75 trillion.

The $6 billion of the total $14 billion AANA budget is actually Indian monies in the first place.

The government manages a $2trillion First Nations trust that is earning compounded interest at a rate of $35 billion annually. That means that the remaining $29 billion they earn in interest is added to the trust which by 2020 will have added another $1 trillion to the account.

BTW the First Nations trust account does not include monies that will be paid by way of land claims or other settlement for loss of use. It is that actual amount owing today. If we were to add lands claims it is quite possible our total debt to First Nations could exceed $75 trillion.

Wow! With that kind of money, they would never have to go to school! They would never have to invent or build anything for themselves. They could just lie back and pay someone to drop grapes in their mouths!

I'm not sure if that money would be a blessing or a curse...

The government manages a $2trillion First Nations trust

$2 trillion is cash you say?

$2 trillion divided by about 700,000 First Nations persons means the govt now owes each man, woman and child $300k and that number will soon be around $11.1 million per man, woman and child. And the govt has that in trust you say?

With that kind of cash, they are bound to have a website, it only costs about $50/month.

Link me to it.

Now.

Oh noes, I've been told not to call Charter Rights a troll. I apologize charter rights. Obviously, in the opinion of our moderators, you aren't in fact a troll. I can think of many other words to describe you though.

Edited by Smallc