How will Harper deal with Denmark?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mezuzah on the chimney?

Nah. :lol:

Are mezuzzahs sold in Canada? I'm not sure if Canada's synogogue's gift shop carries them.

Edited by jbg

It would be a really unfortunate navigational error to mistake Copenhagen for Tripoli. Who can keep all that left, right, north south stuff straight in their heads? Not me.

I dunno about that, the north is a pretty confusing place as witnessed by Robert Peary--- He claimed to have been there, discovered it, and the word on the street is that he wasn't within 100 miles of it. I guess some American heroes are made easy &, once seated at the throne never get unseated a good example being Christopher Columbus---who didn't discover America, (arguably the Scandinavians did) but I'd give that honor to the guys who crossed over from Siberia a loooooong time before that. How do you discover a land where someone is waiting to shake your hand?

Ah well, it gives our southern neighbors a holiday.

We couldn't manage our existence on this little planet we live on more stupidly if we tried - that said, I'm just thankful the negotiator/military industrial-complexes that are squabbling/slathering over the showdown in the Arctic haven't based their claims on the magnetic north pole. A moving target would keep them employed and enrich them indefinitely.

Really? I thought there were one or maybe two small ones in the country.

Well I've only lived in Vancouver and Montreal for any reasonable length of time, and there are certainly several in both cities. Some fairly decent sized ones too. A quick google of any city name in Canada and the word "synagogue" will bring up a list of a bunch of em as well as a map of where they are.

Edited by Bonam

Really? I thought there were one or maybe two small ones in the country.

Now you know you're wrong. There's one here in Fredericton, NB, a town of sixty thousand people. The Jewish community here is small, but it's enough for a synagogue of hundreds of people. Neighbouring Moncton has one, and neighbouring Saint John has two.

OK when you guys say "North Pole" are you refering to the magnetic north pole or the geographical north pole.

The Magnetic poles wander and I believe the last time I heard of the location of the northern one it was well outside of Canadas borders.

Aswell I believe the geographical northern pole is outside of Canadas border and is under the Arctic ocean ice shelf.

Another point is that its freekin cold there!

If you want to go freeze your freekin ass off there for nothing go right ahead and book a seat on an icebreaker and nock yourself out.While your up there try to stay alive long enough to say it was worth it and I'll be down here rootin you on!

Good luck!

WWWTT

OK when you guys say "North Pole" are you refering to the magnetic north pole or the geographical north pole.

The Magnetic poles wander and I believe the last time I heard of the location of the northern one it was well outside of Canadas borders.

Aswell I believe the geographical northern pole is outside of Canadas border and is under the Arctic ocean ice shelf.

If you want to go freeze your freekin ass off there for nothing go right ahead and book a seat on an icebreaker and nock yourself out.While your up there try to stay alive long enough to say it was worth it and I'll be down here rootin you on!

Good luck!

WWWTT

And your point is?

Now you know you're wrong. There's one here in Fredericton, NB, a town of sixty thousand people. The Jewish community here is small, but it's enough for a synagogue of hundreds of people. Neighbouring Moncton has one, and neighbouring Saint John has two.

Thanks. I never knew that.

Countries are defined ALWAYS on geography.

That's why we have to keep it, saving Russians from freezing. It's really a humanitarian matter.

Are you serious?! I assumed you were just being sarcastic in a poor attempt at humour.... a la Rick Mercer "talking to Americans'.

No. Not joking.

I just never thought of Canada as having a major Jewish population.