Arrest of Dominique Strauss-Kahn

Johnny did a great job defending an innocent client.

Agreed.

One of the tragedies of our times is that OJ Simpson was jailed on trumped up charges just when his relentless search for the real killers was well underway.

OJ did a detailed and comprehensive search of every golf course in Florida and proved the killer was not hiding there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this thread is still plodding along, I just want to mention that DSK's sexual assault of this woman should be regarded as his 2nd offense....since she may have been forced to emigrate to America in search of work largely because of the ruinous IMF loans that were forced on her place of origin - the West African nation of Guinea. Send DSK over there to be put on trial!
WIP, in what parallel universe do you reside? In my universe, if I max out my credit card and have probems paying it back, it's not the bank's fault for issuing me the card in the first place. Edited by August1991

Since this thread is still plodding along, I just want to mention that DSK's sexual assault of this woman should be regarded as his 2nd offense....since she may have been forced to emigrate to America in search of work largely because of the ruinous IMF loans that were forced on her place of origin - the West African nation of Guinea. Send DSK over there to be put on trial!

Did ruinous IMF loans force my ancestors to flee to New York City between 1980 and 1910? Seriously that is quite a stretch.

Agreed.

One of the tragedies of our times is that OJ Simpson was jailed on trumped up charges just when his relentless search for the real killers was well underway.

OJ did a detailed and comprehensive search of every golf course in Florida and proved the killer was not hiding there.

My view is a serious one. Anyone who has seen a non-federal crime lab in operation in the U.S. would be in shock. They are atrocious.

WIP, in what parallel universe do you reside? In my universe, if I max out my credit card and have probems paying it back, it's not the bank's fault for issuing me the card in the first place.

Maybe you have a personal stake in the games that the World Bank and IMF play on the world stage, but you are starting with a false analogy to begin with if you're comparing the development loans offered to third world dictators (many of which were put in leadership by CIA and other foreign interference) with personal borrowing. Did this woman have any choice regarding the loans to her nation of origin? Or the austerity measures that were forced on her country which include increased foreign ownership of their economy....this is the crux of the IMF game, since debtor nations in need of more loans are slaves to the bankers offering more money on conditional terms.

I made the analogy to the reasons why she might have been forced to emigrate in search of work because I found it ironic that a man who makes the rape of poor nations his business would be rapist on a personal level also; but the key aspect of DSK's crimes is that he, like many of the filthy rich, feel that they live above and beyond the laws and rules that apply to the reset of us. DSK has had a long track record of notorious sexual behaviour, and likely felt that assaulting or even raping another lowly domestic worker would be covered up by the hotel - since they would wish to avoid scandal by covering it up and/or offering the woman some hush money as compensation. Afterall, the hotel waited for more than 3 hours before they first called authorities and reported the incident. That's why DSK was already on the plane and almost got away, Scot-free! At his advanced age, it's a safe bet that this is a long standing pattern of behaviour, and he's gotten away with ambushing domestic workers in the past.

I just read that 60 % think this guy being setup, only time will tell. Who will be the new head of the World Bank?

One of our guys....Strauss and his cohorts are toast - Much like Russell Williams...........we have bankers that are hard core prtectionists - they can teach the rest of the world how to protect and managed domestic wealth....besides we have that tough Scottish blood in our stytem - and the Scotts are good lawyers and great managers of money....The EU only generates de-generates as we now see.

I can see this jerk running down the hotel hall after the chamber maid and yelling "Don't you know who I am? I am very important...now get back here and let me have my way with you my little peasant girl" - Looks like Dominique finally discovered that money in not power - power is power and with power come the generation of power and that is called respect!

• 2 weeks later...

After his political life been fatally hurt, he has been released.

The result is the true purpose some people wanted.

What a lie, so called "democracy".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43600818/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/dominique-strauss-kahn-sex-case-near-collapse-sources-say/

NEW YORK — Smiling faintly as he walked out of court, former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn was released from house arrest Friday after prosecutors acknowledged serious questions about the credibility of the hotel maid who accused him of sexual assault.

After his political life been fatally hurt, he has been released.

The result is the true purpose some people wanted.

What a lie, so called "democracy".

So, you're suggesting that this affair is an example of a guilty man roaming free, exposing the facade of "democracy" in the USA?

Personally, I always suspected that this was set-up simply to get money from a rich man, and if I feel more conspiratorial, perhaps there was some political motive to tarnish this man's reputation, as well. Although I must admit, I haven't really followed the events at all. I just find it quite hard to believe that man of his stature would attempt to rape a housekeeper in a luxury hotel.

So, you're suggesting that this affair is an example of a guilty man roaming free, exposing the facade of "democracy" in the USA?

Personally, I always suspected that this was set-up simply to get money from a rich man, and if I feel more conspiratorial, perhaps there was some political motive to tarnish this man's reputation, as well. Although I must admit, I haven't really followed the events at all. I just find it quite hard to believe that man of his stature would attempt to rape a housekeeper in a luxury hotel.

Sure it was a set up on both parts...two evil people meet in the night and sparks fly. It was a deferal of general opion regarding the woman who was describe by media as some devout Muslim person. Apparently some Muslims behave like Mafia and Establishment mafia behave like apes.

I mean the democracy in USA is a lie. Selfish politicians use any ugly method they can to their rivals for the interest of their own, no politician actually consider most people's interest. No difference with the time described in the novel "Running for governor"

... and if I feel more conspiratorial, perhaps there was some political motive to tarnish this man's reputation, as well. Although I must admit, I haven't really followed the events at all. I just find it quite hard to believe that man of his stature would attempt to rape a housekeeper in a luxury hotel.

I have the same idea.

Edit: remove some content in the quote.

Edited by bjre

Just because he had a powerful position does not mean he had a reputation that was tarnisable. What makes you believe that all people in high positions are pure?

That is not a guarantee.

But who has so fast speed to stop an airplane in such a short time? Many such kind of details strongly suggested this is another conspiracy.

That is not a guarantee.

But who has so fast speed to stop an airplane in such a short time? Many such kind of details strongly suggested this is another conspiracy.

Yah...with more information I can see this...and I can see how it would fly...seeing it was publized that Strauss had the nick name THE GREAT SEDUCER...that alone convicted him in the court of public opinion...so maybe he is just half guilty? It is very odd that the offended woman was composed enought to go and clean two more rooms before she decided to report the incident- If I was a judge it would not matter if Strauss was guilty or not. Why waste time on this case. If when the woman is examined and found out to have crimminal intent - and Strauss had evil intentions also - I would let the devil sort it out and dismiss both of the ass holes -victim and villian.

Look, the forensic evidence indicated there was sex. He is a married man. Well-known people, in particular, need to think twice before misbehaving.

Look, the forensic evidence indicated there was sex. He is a married man. Well-known people, in particular, need to think twice before misbehaving.

OK, I lied, I have been somewhat following events. From what I read, the forensic evidence hasn't been revealed to the public. All we know is that the prosecution claims to have forensic evidence that is compatible with the claims of the alleged victim. More recently, there have been reports that the prosecution is very concerned about new things they've learned that damage the credibility of the alleged victim.

I think it's all a scam, but who knows?

OK, I lied, I have been somewhat following events. From what I read, the forensic evidence hasn't been revealed to the public. All we know is that the prosecution claims to have forensic evidence that is compatible with the claims of the alleged victim. More recently, there have been reports that the prosecution is very concerned about new things they've learned that damage the credibility of the alleged victim.

I think it's all a scam, but who knows?

It all might be spin. The highly regarded international establishment suffered great reputational damage over this incident. Perhaps to maintain this artifical international status quo - they have to give this story a twist - that is another possiblity. That the rich and powerful are circling their wagons and creating a united front.

It all might be spin. The highly regarded international establishment suffered great reputational damage over this incident. Perhaps to maintain this artifical international status quo - they have to give this story a twist - that is another possiblity. That the rich and powerful are circling their wagons and creating a united front.

The Reputational damage is not due to any one's private behavior, what reputation can an organization have when it makes every effort to help USA and west nations to rob developing countries.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=15225&view=findpost&p=605666

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=8150&view=findpost&p=489876

What can USA have any reputation when such news keep come for guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bill Clinton, and others.

How funny when such kind of country to finger point others for reputation for such kind of things.

The Reputational damage is not due to any one's private behavior, what reputation can an organization have when it makes every effort to help USA and west nations to rob developing countries.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=15225&view=findpost&p=605666

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=8150&view=findpost&p=489876

What can USA have any reputation when such news keep come for guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bill Clinton, and others.

How funny when such kind of country to finger point others for reputation for such kind of things.

You got me on that one! It is a fact that the tacit policy of western nations when it comes to real fair trade with developing countries is to get something for nothing. You say that private behavour has nothing to do with it - a group is comprised of individuals - with private lives and sets of ethics - If I see a man who is corrupt and sinister - I will look upon his wife or friends with a jaudiced eye. If you share the same bed you share the same values or less - you grant approval of the bad actions.

You got me on that one! It is a fact that the tacit policy of western nations when it comes to real fair trade with developing countries is to get something for nothing. You say that private behavour has nothing to do with it - a group is comprised of individuals - with private lives and sets of ethics - If I see a man who is corrupt and sinister - I will look upon his wife or friends with a jaudiced eye. If you share the same bed you share the same values or less - you grant approval of the bad actions.

I can not imagine any of western politicians has any ethics. They are just some selfish people who enjoy blame others and tell lies.

Edited by bjre

What is with the French electorate in regards to 48% who find Strauss-Kahn still acceptable as a person and possible leader of France? Can they not figure out that a person who holds a hate and disrespect for woman in general - also will hold all males in the same light! This bully boy sexist SOB...has no respect for anyone including himself. The more macho jerks might view him as some prize old stud. The reality is he would plunder a male as well as a female - He's just a big jerk who has no love respect or care for anything - So why would some of the people of France find being abused acceptable? Just plain wierd - don't they think?

I just find it quite hard to believe that man of his stature would attempt to rape a housekeeper in a luxury hotel.

I hardly know what to say . . . It's nice to know that there are still men around whose personal values make it difficult for them to comprehend the immoral behaviour of others . . . I think. :-)

Unfortunately, the housekeeper's case is compromised. However, if you check today's news you will find that another victim has come forward whose credibility appears better. I suspect she won't be the only one either.

The disbelief of moral men notwithstanding, a rapist is a rapist is a rapist.

I hardly know what to say . . . It's nice to know that there are still men around whose personal values make it difficult for them to comprehend the immoral behaviour of others . . . I think. :-)

Unfortunately, the housekeeper's case is compromised. However, if you check today's news you will find that another victim has come forward whose credibility appears better. I suspect she won't be the only one either.

The disbelief of moral men notwithstanding, a rapist is a rapist is a rapist.

I think Bob probably meant that it would be odd for a man of such prominence to take such risk to himself.

Even so, as you say, rapists are what they are. It doesn't appear that most of them strongly consider the possible consequences.

Edited by bloodyminded

I think Bob probably meant that it would be odd for a man of such prominence to take such risk to himself.

Even so, as you say, rapists are what they are. It doesn't appear that most of them strongly consider the possible consequences.

All we have to do is take a look at the long parade of politicians who have engaged in careless and often reckless sexual behaviour, and you start to wonder if the system rewards the most dysfunctional among us! I haven't been following this story too closely, but I was skeptical of the likelihood that an immigrant domestic female would have recourse for justice against a wealthy, well connected rich man. The Prosecution was looking for an excuse to cave and drop charges, and be done with it! Similar things have happened to other chambermaids and domestics who work around the rich and powerful. Sexual assaults and attempted assaults are common in many posh hotels, and the management usually tries to sweep it under the table and cover it up with a cheap bribe for the victim. That may have been the case in this story, considering that they delayed notifying police for more than 3 hours after being informed of the incident.

Anyway, back in France DSK has another female complainant about to press charges for an incident that was reported several years ago, but had no complaint filed at the time. DSK's people are already at work leaking stories to the press smearing her reputation and threatening a counter-suit in advance of any trial. According to the rumour mills in France, this guy had a history of such behaviour, but was able to get away or buy is way out of it in the past. This profile sounds like a man addicted to risky, forced sex...maybe at his age, he couldn't get it up for normal sex any more!

Reading quickly through this thread, most posters act like a mob. The mob has decided that DSK is wrong, and so too any poster who defends him. Too many posters have jumped to various conclusions. How medieval. Sadly, leftists seem to prefer to join a mob.

IMHO, the greatness of America is the judicious application of the Scientific Method: the Enlightenment.

----

DSK deserves a fair trial. Let the evidence decide.

Edited by August1991

Right ;-)

Those in positions of power don't expect to get caught.