Greens Not Welcome At Televised Debate

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the entire state of New York no longer wanted to be a part of the United States, would you support their ability to elect to office members of a political party whose objectives were to see New York's independence? And if you support them being elected to office, would you not support their full participation in the democratic process?

Why support someone in a game they were not participating in and did not want to be part of - They would be classed logically as interlopers and intruders -spoilers of the game!

I agree that representation in Parliament is a problem. That's why I think the Senate should be altered to give a guaranteed number of seats to the indigenous peoples of Canada, to fully make them partners in Confederation.

It's a leadership debate. I'm dubious as to how much influence it has one way or another. And since there's no First Nations political party on a national level that I'm aware of, it's difficult to see how you would get them involved.

The Assembly of First Nations is the national political party, formally known as the National Indian Brotherhood. 633 First Nation Chiefs vote in the National Leader, or National Chief of Canada.

As for Harper, Ignatieff, or Kim Campbell I don't think they would ever garner that type of support in terms of % of voters who vote.

Why support someone in a game they were not participating in and did not want to be part of - They would be classed logically as interlopers and intruders -spoilers of the game!

Unless your game never included them, and you are only an occupier, then I guess, what fun would it be. or it could be called caucazoid occupiers, and intruders and launderers of Immigration, and First Nation Territory.

The Assembly of First Nations is the national political party, formally known as the National Indian Brotherhood. 633 First Nation Chiefs vote in the National Leader, or National Chief of Canada.

It's not a political party, so far as I'm aware. It's an organization. It's like calling the Rotary Clubs a political party. It puts forward no candidates in Federal elections, and isn't on Elections Canada's list of political parties, although, interestingly there is a First Peoples National Party of Canada, which, so far as I can tell has no association at all with the Assembly.

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=pol&dir=par&document=index〈=e

As for Harper, Ignatieff, or Kim Campbell I don't think they would ever garner that type of support in terms of % of voters who vote.

I'm not precisely sure what you're trying to say here. What does Kim Campbell have to do with anything? She hasn't been in politics for the better part of 20 years.

Its a national debate. Assembly of First Nations has a right to be there, since its our property there debating over.

That's rather debatable. Where there are no treaties signed you can make that argument, but as a general statement it's false, and beyond that, the Assembly is not a political party, and even if it was, it suffers the same problem the Greens do, in that it's support is to spread out.

Unless your game never included them, and you are only an occupier, then I guess, what fun would it be. or it could be called caucazoid occupiers, and intruders and launderers of Immigration, and First Nation Territory.

I'm thinking that trying to debate you is going to be a rather large waste of time. The fact is that we're here, now, and as regrettable as all that went on before is, you're not going to accomplish very much by these sorts of statements. Perhaps it makes you feel better to say them, but what do you propose to accomplish?

why not a band of perpetual immigrant moaners who never faught and stood up for this country in any war. They just run away because they can't make it there own countrys.

And why didn't your ancestors stay in East Asia? People move, and some times they move where other people already are. Heck, the evidence is growing that there were already peoples here when the ice-free cooridor opened up and allowed your ancestors out of Beringia into the contintental interior.

who cares if they are red, green, or purple party, why not let them in, when they pull in about a million votes as is. First Nations have been here before Canada was even a shot in the dark of John A. MacDonalds potatoe sack, and they get no representation in Parliment.

As for the voting thing, when only 44% of the country votes you might aswell get as much say as possible in a debate. I would like to See First Nations involved in this national debate. If that were to happen, I could tell you who is already going to win that one.

A poster on this site has lectured all of us many times as to the fact that First Nations are sovereign and not subject to the government of Canada.

If this is true, then why would a native aboriginal have any more right to vote in a Canadian election than someone from any other sovereign nation, such as Poland or Bangladesh?

That's rather debatable. Where there are no treaties signed you can make that argument, but as a general statement it's false, and beyond that, the Assembly is not a political party, and even if it was, it suffers the same problem the Greens do, in that it's support is to spread out.

The dangerous part of those treaties isn't whats said in those treaties.... Its whats not said. All of the First Nations have treaties with the British Crown and not Canada or any province. So when Britian left north america, they also abandoned the treaties. Because no First Nation allowed anybody to set up a country here, that was never discussed.

The Assembly of First Nations works much like the Canadian Parliment. The "Indian Reserves" vote in a chief, and that chief is allowed to vote for his National Cheif.

You are right, First Nations suffers the same problem as the Greens, because the voting in Canada is ment to break up first nations voting power by sigmenting them to "Ghetto Indian Reserves", listed as 93rd in the world for living conditions compared to Canada who is at number 3. The votes in total might mean a couple million first Nations votes, but it will never amount to anything because the system is set up, so First Nations has no representation.

why not a band of perpetual immigrant moaners

Why not? :)

who never faught and stood up for this country in any war.

What war did you fought in?

They just run away because they can't make it there own countrys.

More than that, we discovered North America. Eric, me and Chris. And some Chinese on the Wet Coast too.

And why didn't your ancestors stay in East Asia? People move, and some times they move where other people already are. Heck, the evidence is growing that there were already peoples here when the ice-free cooridor opened up and allowed your ancestors out of Beringia into the contintental interior.

You have it wrong, people immigrated from North America to East Asia.

You have it wrong, people immigrated from North America to East Asia.

Oh ho ho, and on top of everything else, you've got some ludicrous ideas to boot.

Leakey was wrong, humans originated in Africa, there was no ancient American hominid.

I really am thinking debating you probably is about as useful as debating a Von Daniken nut.

Oh ho ho, and on top of everything else, you've got some ludicrous ideas to boot.

Leakey was wrong, humans originated in Africa, there was no ancient American hominid.

I really am thinking debating you probably is about as useful as debating a Von Daniken nut.

Or a Dunkin' donut...

Are we dealing with Charter Rights long lost brother???