Creation

betsy

I agree with you. My daughter and I were watching the "prince of Egypt" (the animation...although that is the book that Demille's 10 Commandments was based on)...

So we come to the plagues...ande the final plague where all the 1st born of egypt die..and she asks me why would god kill all the children who had nothing to do with Pharaoh...and I told her in language an 8 year old would understand.. I said because god is a murderer and is not nice and it is only a story.

Congratulations. Not only did you miss the point of "the story" and fed your daughter a deadly batch of vicious lies, but you followed up by even demonstrating its rationale by actively assisting in ushering your daughter to eternal hellfire. Rest assured, your daughter was up a long time that night considering the weight, meaning and significance of it all.

God destroyed the Egyptians' bodies, but you murder your own daughter's soul.

"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and he stood not in the truth; because truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof."

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations. Not only did you miss the point of "the story" and fed your daughter a deadly batch of vicious lies, but you followed up by even demonstrating its rationale by actively assisting in ushering your daughter to eternal hellfire. Rest assured, your daughter was up a long time that night considering the weight, meaning and significance of it all.

That's not a god I chose to worship. But M. Dancer's daughter has him to look up to. He is tangible to her. She can interact with him. She can't ask god for an answer and expect a reply. It's more or less teaching your children some critical thought which among the very religious and faithful seem to be lacking.

Invoking the firey hotness of hell does not make anyone want to believe in the faith. That is nothing more than a scare tactic to get some kind of coersion out of the person.

And I bet his daughter slept very well that night, knowing that her daddy was close by.

Even worse..I told her the toothy fairy isn't real...

I am not an atheist....more of an agnostic..but I do not believe the murderous god of the bible exists..mainly because if he did, he is too evil to contemplate.

Some of gods crimes....

Genocidal- The destruction of two cities Sodom and Gomorrah and the entire planet in a flood

The first born of Egypt

And as well, god ordered the death of every Amalikite...

Children tease bald man, bald man prays to his war god, god send bears to kill children...42 kids killed...

and it goes on and on...

Some might believe Jesus dies for our sins...even those too young to have sinned...I think it would be more appropriate that god died for his own sins...

Even worse..I told her the toothy fairy isn't real...

I am not an atheist....more of an agnostic..but I do not believe the murderous god of the bible exists..mainly because if he did, he is too evil to contemplate.

Some of gods crimes....

Genocidal- The destruction of two cities Sodom and Gomorrah and the entire planet in a flood

The first born of Egypt

And as well, god ordered the death of every Amalikite...

Children tease bald man, bald man prays to his war god, god send bears to kill children...42 kids killed...

and it goes on and on...

Some might believe Jesus dies for our sins...even those too young to have sinned...I think it would be more appropriate that god died for his own sins...

You miss the point again. God destroyed - as you said - all those people, but you provide a damn good reason to do so, such as blaspheming God and perverting their own children's minds with vicious lies. You are not a priest. You are not a saint. So please tell me where you got your credentials to teach your daughter that "god is a murderer." I am curious Holmes, how did you and Watson come to your conclusions ? Did you personally know who those people were ? Were the Egyptians and Amalekites all perfectly good people who did nothing but work for the betterment of mankind ? Or were they so degraded and perverted as to be utterly unworthy of life or freedom even by atheistic standards ? Would those same people today, people who sacrificed their children alive in burning fires to appease some ridiculous invention of their own perverted minds, be suffered to live ? Find me the city where the citizens would not, themselves, rip to pieces any congregation of persons caught sacrificing their own children, for example.

Now if human beings can hardly suffer their own to murder their own children so brazenly, on what grounds do you accuse God of being a murderer ?

On what evidence do you condemn God for "murdering" the innocent ? Really, I would like to see your evidence that the people at the time of the flood, for example, were all saints who had done nothing but perfect good their entire lives, and also how you came to know this.

Somebody left the asylum doors open again.

You miss the point again. God destroyed - as you said - all those people, but you provide a damn good reason to do so, such as blaspheming God and perverting their own children's minds with vicious lies.

So you are blaming him for God's horrid actions of killing a bunch of people? Not a god I'd like to worship.

You are not a priest. You are not a saint. So please tell me where you got your credentials to teach your daughter that "god is a murderer."

The bible says god killed people. The bible also tells others in the book to kill others.

I am curious Holmes, how did you and Watson come to your conclusions ?

The bible?

Did you personally know who those people were ? Were the Egyptians and Amalekites all perfectly good people who did nothing but work for the betterment of mankind ?

Did you know them? That question works both ways.

Or were they so degraded and perverted as to be utterly unworthy of life or freedom even by atheistic standards ? Would those same people today, people who sacrificed their children alive in burning fires to appease some ridiculous invention of their own perverted minds, be suffered to live ? Find me the city where the citizens would not, themselves, rip to pieces any congregation of persons caught sacrificing their own children, for example.

Even atheists have a high value of life.

Now if human beings can hardly suffer their own to murder their own children so brazenly, on what grounds do you accuse God of being a murderer ?

Off the deep end here we go!!

On what evidence do you condemn God for "murdering" the innocent ? Really, I would like to see your evidence that the people at the time of the flood, for example, were all saints who had done nothing but perfect good their entire lives, and also how you came to know this.

Again ... the bible.

I am an old fart and because of my age have seen a lot of sickness & death.

So-- one of my neighbors or friend's dotter, son aunt, uncle or whatever gets sick with some bad illness (is there a good illness??) and I am then asked to pray for his/her recovery.

Scenario A:

The person recovers and then I get the message that God was so good to cure the person and we should all give prayers of thanks for that "wonderful blessing" Being an agnostic, I wonder why, if God is so full of blessings, the person was inflicted in the first place. :ph34r: Why not cancel the illness & save a lot of people a lot of soul searching & kneeling time.

Scenario B:

The person dies. Then there is a lot of weeping & wailing & more prayers for the person to go to "heaven"

If the guy/girl was a good person, shouldn't they be automatically be sent (if such a place actually does exist) there? do we really need to pray him/her in? :blink:

Scenario c:

There is a third option open here--- not about life or death but about ---- "he/she is gone to a better place"

If this is the case, why were we praying for her/him to recover?? after all, if it's a better place he/she is much better off now :lol: :lol:

As I've said before, God, church, heaven, hell, were all created to scare the shit out of people who didn't understand the flow of life & death, the dark end of the cave and the need for a lot of people to live off the avail;s of that fear thru The BIGGIE -- TITHE, which lets the scarer live the good life maybe aboard a converted liberty ship or a life at least good enuf to pay for high end hookers.

Edited by Tilter

I would say that especially atheists have a high value of life. The religious, on the other hand, are ever ready to murder others if they think their magical imaginary friend told them to.

Edited by Bonam

I am an old fart and because of my age have seen a lot of sickness & death.

So-- one of my neighbors or friend's dotter, son aunt, uncle or whatever gets sick with some bad illness (is there a good illness??) and I am then asked to pray for his/her recovery.

Scenario A:

The person recovers and then I get the message that God was so good to cure the person and we should all give prayers of thanks for that "wonderful blessing" Being an agnostic, I wonder why, if God is so full of blessings, the person was inflicted in the first place. :ph34r: Why not cancel the illness & save a lot of people a lot of soul searching & kneeling time.

Scenario B:

The person dies. Then there is a lot of weeping & wailing & more prayers for the person to go to "heaven"

If the guy/girl was a good person, shouldn't they be automatically be sent (if such a place actually does exist) there? do we really need to pray him/her in? :blink:

Scenario c:

There is a third option open here--- not about life or death but about ---- "he/she is gone to a better place"

If this is the case, why were we praying for her/him to recover?? after all, if it's a better place he/she is much better off now :lol: :lol:

As I've said before, God, church, heaven, hell, were all created to scare the shit out of people who didn't understand the flow of life & death, the dark end of the cave and the need for a lot of people to live off the avail;s of that fear thru The BIGGIE -- TITHE, which lets the scarer live the good life maybe aboard a converted liberty ship or a life at least good enuf to pay for high end hookers.

Let me get this straight. You think that someone invented hell in order to terrify people out of doing bad things, and this is a very silly idea.

You're right. We should all sign a petition to the Minister of Justice to shut-down all the prisons, because scaring people out of doing bad things is just plain wrong and an obvious fraud to get people to behave in the way that the government wants them to. While we're at it, we better free that guy who murdered those women and took photographs of himself wearing their panties, just to show the world how in Canada we have progressed and advanced beyond simplistic and medieval forms of thinking, such as punishing criminals.

Edited by Timothy17

So you are blaming him for God's horrid actions of killing a bunch of people? Not a god I'd like to worship.

The bible says god killed people. The bible also tells others in the book to kill others.

The bible?

Did you know them? That question works both ways.

Off the deep end here we go!!

Again ... the bible.

Right... because the bible says all these perverts whom God destroyed were, in actuality, really just innocent and saintly folks that God was just killing for sport. Yep, that's in Leviticus somewhere.

Let me get this straight. You think that someone invented hell in order to terrify people out of doing bad things, and this is a very silly idea.

You're right. We should all sign a petition to the Minister of Justice to shut-down all the prisons, because scaring people out of doing bad things is just plain wrong and an obvious fraud to get people to behave in the way that the government wants them to. While we're at it, we better free that guy who murdered those women and took photographs of himself wearing their panties, just to show the world how in Canada we have progressed and advanced beyond simplistic and medieval forms of thinking, such as punishing criminals.

I don't think you quite get the idea that if you don't believe in Hell, it's not really going to scare you.

You miss the point again. God destroyed - as you said - all those people, but you provide a damn good reason to do so, such as blaspheming God ...

Any god that can't handle criticism or even an insult and feels it is its right to kill because of it iss't worthy of anyone's attaention....go away you immature god

You are not a priest. You are not a saint. So please tell me where you got your credentials to teach your daughter that "god is a murderer."

I am a human...something that god cannot say...

I am curious Holmes, how did you and Watson come to your conclusions ? Did you personally know who those people were ? Were the Egyptians and Amalekites all perfectly good people who did nothing but work for the betterment of mankind ? Or were they so degraded and perverted as to be utterly unworthy of life or freedom even by atheistic standards ?

I am pretty sure that the parameters of the myth, even the children did not deserve biological warfare....we have treaties about that even now...

Would those same people today, people who sacrificed their children alive in burning fires to appease some ridiculous invention of their own perverted minds, be suffered to live ? Find me the city where the citizens would not, themselves, rip to pieces any congregation of persons caught sacrificing their own children, for example.

If it was about saving the children, why did god murder the children?

Because he murders children

On what evidence do you condemn God for "murdering" the innocent ?

The Bible. Read it. It's horrible

Really, I would like to see your evidence that the people at the time of the flood, for example, were all saints who had done nothing but perfect good their entire lives, and also how you came to know this.

Any god that demands we be "saints" is not worthy of our respect

Right... because the bible says all these perverts whom God destroyed were, in actuality, really just innocent and saintly folks that God was just killing for sport. Yep, that's in Leviticus somewhere.

No...that's in acts...

I don't think you quite get the idea that if you don't believe in Hell, it's not really going to scare you.

That's why we build prisons, just for you: the law, after all, exists for criminals. Contrawise, if you believe in God and Heaven, then nothing on earth or of men frightens you - not the Law nor its prisons. That's true liberty, a liberty that never offends the law nor fears the plots and terrors of evil men. Those who do not believe in heaven or hell fear all these things, for they imagine that there is nothing beyond this life, and therefore prize and covet their short, miserable lives as being precious and of infinite worth, and like cattle are herded and manipulated with the trivial dainties of benefits and the threat of cruel punishments or even the deprivation of their quaint deserts. Must make it all the more easy to believe you are descended from a monkey ; after all, you and him share so much in common ; namely, nothing to look forward to or live for except the occasional satisfaction of a fleeting pleasure.

Edited by Timothy17

Any god that can't handle criticism or even an insult and feels it is its right to kill because of it iss't worthy of anyone's attaention....go away you immature god

I am a human...something that god cannot say...

I am pretty sure that the parameters of the myth, even the children did not deserve biological warfare....we have treaties about that even now...

If it was about saving the children, why did god murder the children?

Because he murders children

So does Planned Parenthood, but I don't see you doing anything about it, which makes it readily obvious that you really don't give a $#!+ about children, and the real reason for your protest is something much different.

Edited by Timothy17

That's why we build prisons, just for you: the law, after all, exists for criminals. Contrawise, if you believe in God and Heaven, then nothing on earth or of men frightens you - not the Law nor its prisons. That's true liberty, a liberty that never offends the law nor fears the plots and terrors of evil men. Those who do not believe in heaven or hell fear all these things, for they imagine that there is nothing beyond this life, and therefore prize and covet their short, miserable lives as being precious and of infinite worth, and like cattle are herded and manipulated with the trivial dainties of benefits and the threat of cruel punishments or even the deprivation of their quaint deserts. Must make it all the more easy to believe you are descended from a monkey ; after all, you and him share so much in common ; namely, nothing to look forward to or live for except the occasional satisfaction of a fleeting pleasure.

Strange that my life is so much more fulfilled than you seem to think it is.

Some day, when you're not so busy being a religious bigot, you might ponder that you cannot simply judge a man by something so minor as his view on the existence of deities. Maybe when you have a mental age greater than a 12 year old, that is.

I will just leave this here, its Friday and funny. Doubt the validity but....

In a small Texas town, (Mt. Vernon) Drummonds bar began construction on a new building to increase their business. The local Baptist church started a campaign to block the bar from opening with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up till the week before opening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rather smug in their outlook after that, until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means. The church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the buildings demise in its reply to the court.

As the case made its way into court, the judge looked over the paperwork. At the hearing he commented, I dont know how Im going to decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork, we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that does not.

Edited by guyser

No timmy17, that's not what I meant.

Going to prison for even a day IS a real threat. It exists. People know it exists. and they still commit crimes that some people can't even imagine.

Now, with a threat as huge as perhaps the loss of your life (a punishment imposed by almost all religions at one time or another sometimes for the most minor sin--- such as masturbation) one would think that the world would be crime free. Not so.

Also not so, is the idea that a "good God" would allow one of his own creation (undoubtedly your words, not mine) be sentenced to an eternal punishment inside of a volcano should be unfeasible to any believer . Usually this punishment is reserved for prepubescent girls thrown into volcanoes to appease yet some other imaginary "god" ---- again religion gone wild--- seems to make tithing sort of a mild punishment for the privilege of sitting in a stuffy, cold or hot as per season, church an a beautiful Sunday morning being yelled at for living like a normal human by someone who earns a good living scaring people by prattling centuries old lies about something that doesn't exist.

Jails are real, crimes are real and are put in place by people paid to prevent the advent of crime--- a futile battle against a real threat not by a fraudster , well meaning or otherwise, seeking to curb humanity's natural desires while sometimes disobeying his own preachings.

Edited by Tilter

Must make it all the more easy to believe you are descended from a monkey ; after all, you and him share so much in common ; namely, nothing to look forward to or live for except the occasional satisfaction of a fleeting pleasure.

...or more correctly, hominids.

Apes, hominids and man share common ancestors....but we share none with monkeys

Must make it all the more easy to believe you are descended from a monkey ; after all, you and him share so much in common ; namely, nothing to look forward to or live for except the occasional satisfaction of a fleeting pleasure.

...or more correctly, hominids.

Apes, hominids and man share common ancestors....but we share none with monkeys

Hate to quibble, but we do share a common ancestor with monkeys, it's just a helluva lot further back. For that matter, we share a common ancestor with tomatoes... but that's wayyyyyy back.