Creation

betsy

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

betsy, you've stated many times that evolution is not only a fraud and completely wrong, but that you don't believe in it. Are you changing your stance now?

Did you watch the video?

Did you listen to what Dr Craig was saying?

and most importantly.....

Did you understand what he was saying?

I don't think so. Otherwise, you wouldn't ask that. :)

Edited by betsy

Well, actually...<drum roll>.....

Evolution Proves God's Existence.

Dr. William Lane Craig argues that Darwinian evolution is a miracle, and is therefore proof for God's existence!

betsy, be careful with what you want people to listen to, They might actually hear what the man actually says.

To quote him (I have bolded some particularly key words):

Any doubts I might have had about the theory of evolution really are not biblical but scientific, namely what the scenario envisages is just so fantastically improbable. In their book The anthropic cosmological principle, Barrow and Tippler laid out 10 steps necessary for the course of human evolution, each of which, each of which is so improbable that before it occured the Sun would have ceased to be a main sequence star and would have burned up the Earth.

Now, it seems to me that if evolution did occur, then it would have had to have been a miracle. In other words, evolution is literally evidence for the existence of God.

So, let,s me get it straight. there is a thing that is doubtful because it's so improbable (evolution). So improbable that, if it occured, it would have had to have been a miracle. Therefore, that improbable, that doubtful thing is proof of the existence of God.

Excuse me? Things that are doutful may not exist, and therefore CANNOT, logically, prove anything, or anyone, including God. If, to quote a certain poster here, one cannot use a supposition to counter a fact, one cannot use it either to proof a fact. I think I'll stick with knowing through science that evolution is a FACT, and knowing through my FAITH that God is behind it.

We can all notice, by the way, that Dr. Craig doesn't say evolution IS a miracle, but that it WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE a miracle. Not the same thing. Looks to me that a certain person may not have listened that carefully.

PS: betsy. Nice to see how you came from evolution being debunked to it being something doubtful that nonetheless proves the existence of God.

Edited by CANADIEN

Are we playing the question game?

Are you trying to be like Saipan?

Do you always answer a question with more questions?

Not exactly. her point is that anybody who listens to the video, or reads whatever she posts, and most importantly does it the RIGHT way, will necessarily agree with her.

Of course, that TOO is being proven wrong.

betsy, be careful with what you want people to listen to, They might actually hear what the man actually says.

To quote him,.

So, let,s me get it straight. there is a thing that is doubtful because it's so improbable (evolution).

It is the scientific theory of evolution that he finds doubtful - the scenario that science envisages about evolution is just so fantastically, and scientifically improbable!

So improbable that, if it occured, it would have had to have been a miracle.

Evolution is so scientifically improbable, if it did occur, it would have had to have been a miracle!

How else could you describe something that occurred that is scientifically improbable to have had occurred, if not by supernatural means????

Therefore, that improbable, that doubtful thing is proof of the existence of God.

Yes. Or to some who are so uncomfortable with the word, "God", proof of a Creator.

Where do you think that supernatural means came from? Science? :D

Excuse me? Things that are doutful may not exist,

Like evolution. Which is not only a doubtful theory, but a theory that's been a deadwood - as shown by science - and only being kept alive by secularism and the atheistic desperate effort to prevent the death of atheism.

Refer to these:

Evolutionary Leftovers in DNA? Not So, Says New Study.

http://www.icr.org/article/evolutionary-leftovers-dna-not-so-says/

Science Overturns Evolution's Best Argument

http://www.icr.org/article/science-overturns-evolutions-best-argument

Casey Luskin:

So ID grants that it's possible that all living species shared a common ancestor, but ID doesn't require it

ID is saying it will go where the evidence leads them. It's not strictly bound to common ancestry.

Casey Luskin:

In contrast, neo-Darwinism is inextricably wedded to common ancestry and requires a common ancestor (or common gene pool) for all living organisms. That's why neo-Darwinists must defend UCA at all costs.

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2010/11/douglas_theobald_tests_univers041021.html

Note that Intelligent Designers also says that it will go where evidence leads them.

and therefore CANNOT, logically, prove anything, or anyone, including God.

IF it did occur. Craig is looking at this from an evolutionist's perspective.

If, to quote a certain poster here, one cannot use a supposition to counter a fact, one cannot use it either to proof a fact.

However, evolution is not a fact. What do you think "improbable" means???

In fact, there's clear indication it'll be a cold day in hell to have it proven as a fact!

I think I'll stick with knowing through science that evolution is a FACT, and knowing through my FAITH that God is behind it.

See? This is where you get bogged down by your "logic." We're back to your irrationality.

Why can't you see that you are as confused about your spiritual belief as you are with your argument?

You clearly do not understand what it is you are arguing about.

Dr Craig says:

Christians can be open to what the evidence shows us.

If the evidence shows that evolution is true, that's not a problem to the truth of the Christian faith.

If you do understand, you'll see that Craig is right there up your alley.

He is saying what you just said. :lol:

Craig is saying that:

If evolution is a fact, GOD IS BEHIND IT!

You're practically arguing against your own argument? :D

Ayayayaya....talk about major confusion inside that brain! :D

I guess you're one of those who just have to argue even for no reason at all.....even if it kills em.

Really, I don't know why I bother with you. You and Cyber are so much alike in your so-called reasonings. :rolleyes:

We can all notice, by th way, that Dr. Craig doesn't say evolution IS a miracle, but that it WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE a miracle. Not the same thing. Looks to me that a certain person may not have listened that carefully.

You got that right. You did not listen carefully. And if you did, you didn't understand what he was saying.

PS: betsy. Nice to see how you came from evolution being debunked to it being something doubtful that nonetheless proves the existence of God.

So you despite the evidence against evolution, you declare...

Canadien:

I think I'll stick with knowing through science that evolution is a FACT, and knowing through my FAITH that God is behind it.

Here's the question now:

Who is your God? The Christian God or science?

Edited by betsy

It is the scientific theory of evolution that he finds doubtful - the scenario that science envisages about evolution is just so fantastically, and scientifically improbable!

Evolution is so scientifically improbable, if it did occur, it would have had to have been a miracle!

How else could you describe something that occurred that is scientifically improbable to have had occurred, if not by supernatural means????

Yes. Or to some who are so uncomfortable with the word, "God", proof of a Creator.

Like evolution. Which is not only a doubtful theory, but a theory that's been a deadwood - as shown by science - and only being kept alive by secularism and the atheistic desperate effort to prevent the death of atheism.

IF it did occur. Craig is looking at this from an evolutionist's perspective.

However, evolution is not a fact. In fact, there's clear indication it'll be a cold day in hell to have it proven as a fact!

See? This is where you get bogged down by your "logic." We're back to your irrationality.

Why can't you see that you are as confused about your spiritual belief as you are with your argument?

You clearly do not understand what it is you are arguing about. If you do understand, you'll see that Craig is right there up your alley. He is saying what you just said. :lol:

Craig is saying that, if evolution is a fact, GOD IS BEHIND IT!

You got that right. You did not listen carefully. And if you did, you didn't understand what he was saying.

Good 'ole betsy...

betsy: There is no such thing as evolution.

ohters: Evolution is a fact.

betsy: there is no such thing as evolution.

others; Evolution is a fact.

betsy: Where did I say otherwise?

others: So, you acknowledge that evolution is a fact.

betsy: There is no such thing as evolution.

betsy: Evolution proves God. My hero says it.

others: But haven't you claimed that there is no such thing as evolution?

betsy: You don't listen.

others: If there is no such thing as evolution, how can it prove ANYTHING? It doesn't make sense.

betsy: There is no such thing as evolution. And you don't listen. My hero doesn't say that evolution proves God. Never mind that I said he does. I am right again.

Not only there is a God, betsy, but you are a proof that He is a loving creator... He caused you to exist even though you do your outmost day after day to make faith in Him sounds foolish.

Who is your God? The Christian God or science?

Already answered, and clearly. feel free to keep lying by pretending that I haven't doone so, or that my response is different from what it actually is.

Prove evolution is a miracle.

No, no, you do not understand.

As so skillfully demonstrated by betsy, evolution isn't a fact. Therefore it cannot be a miracle. Her hero does NOT say that evolution IS a miracle, even though that's what she first posted. In other words. it is a miracle, but it's not a miracle.

Can't you see the logic?

Awww....c'mon now Bam....don't tell me you'll dive right into that quicksand too! :blink:

And here am I thinking you're just a whiner....:lol:

What, you're going to prove to us now that you're bearing the same trademark as Cyber and Canadien too? No-read, no-understand? Did-read -but-don't-understand?

To say the least... :lol::lol:

Oh well, if it makes you happy....go ahead and sink with them. :)

As for Canadien, I'll just have to put him in the same file as his twin, Cyber.

Scroll past and ignore....mostly.

Edited by betsy

Considerinbg that you are ignorant of what science, faith, logic, common sense, the English language, good debating skills, evolution, and the Bible are, and what people actually write and mean, I should consider myself in good company.

But c'mon, you KNOW you won't be able to resist opportunities to post non-sense.

What, you're going to prove to us now that you're bearing the same trademark as Cyber and Canadien

Hmm.. Okay, let's try bearing your trademark: Hahaha!! :P You're a doo-doo head! :lol: You don't understand! You're a doo-woper, singing along! B) Hehehe!! :D

You said a guy said evolution was a miracle. Did you make a mistake, betsy? Hmmm?

[forgot giant fonts]

Edited by g_bambino

Can't you see the logic?

Ahhh... Yes. Um. Er, no, not really. But, I can fully accept that betsy is completely off her rocker.

Let's see if I can break this down: besty misreads a source and uses that misinterpreation to support her claim that something she doesn't believe in is a miracle of God. Is that about it?

Ahhh... Yes. Um. Er, no, not really. But, I can fully accept that betsy is completely off her rocker.

Let's see if I can break this down: besty misreads a source and uses that misinterpreation to support her claim that something she doesn't believe in is a miracle of God. Is that about it?

Nope. She says her hero makes that claim, then she says he doesn't.

I have read somewhere that only fools never change their mind. To that I said that it depends. But I'll say we have evidence here that only fools keep contradicting themselves while claim they're not.

The existence of God is a miracle, which proves the existence of a higher God.

The higher God's existence is a miracle, which proves the existence of a higher, higher God.

The higher, higher God's existence is a miracle, which proves the existence of a higher, higher, higher God.

The exitence of the higher, higher, higher God's existence is a miracle, which proves the exitence of a higher, higher, higher, higher God.

The existence of God is a miracle, which proves the existence of a higher God.

The higher God's existence is a miracle, which proves the existence of a higher, higher God.

The higher, higher God's existence is a miracle, which proves the existence of a higher, higher, higher God.

The exitence of the higher, higher, higher God's existence is a miracle, which proves the exitence of a higher, higher, higher, higher God.

wrong from he get go, but a good imitation of betsy.

Awww....c'mon now Bam....don't tell me you'll dive right into that quicksand too! :blink:

And here am I thinking you're just a whiner....:lol:

What, you're going to prove to us now that you're bearing the same trademark as Cyber and Canadien too? No-read, no-understand? Did-read -but-don't-understand?

To say the least... :lol::lol:

Oh well, if it makes you happy....go ahead and sink with them. :)

At what point do you look at the FACT that no one understands you and start questioning why that might be? Either we're all stupid or the more likely answer (Occam's Razor) you make absolutely no sense whatsoever.