Creation

betsy

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look folks, I'm already saying I'm ignorant,

You didn't need to say it.

More seriously. Your intellectual dishonesty shines throughout. A simple question has been asked; a clarification has even been posted for your benefit, and I quote:

¸

So where are the trilobites today, according to your perspective?

A link to a description of what a trilobite was has been provided and here is another one in case you have problems with wikipedia from the Encyclopedia Britannica Online.

Couldn't be clearer. But hey, don't worry, seeing you squirm is entertaining.

PS.: Does 1+1 = 2? And no, I am not saying what my point is in asking that question. :D

Edited by CANADIEN

I'm ignorant, you see....

Finally, something we can agree on.

But, your ignorance is entirely wilful. Talk to me again when you can, by freely answering a simple question, demonstrate that you're prepared to move out of that cozy, comfortable ignorance you've ensconced yourself in and are ready to face the world as it is like a big girl.

Came across some interesting comments which I agree with (even though some of the theological stuff is a bit beyond my areas of knowledge). (note: I for one, do not expect that other will automatically agree with them as well, and that failure to do so means that one didn't read it correctly ;) )

Today (...) new knowledge has led to the recognition of the theory of evolution as more than a hypothesis. It is indeed remarkable that this theory has been progressively accepted by researchers, following a series of discoveries in various fields of knowledge. The convergence, neither sought nor fabricated, of the results of work that was conducted independently is in itself a significant argument in favor of this theory. (...)

(...)It is by virtue of his spiritual soul that the whole person possesses such a dignity even in his body. Pius XII stressed this essential point: If the human body take its origin from pre-existent living matter, the spiritual soul is immediately created by God ("animas enim a Deo immediate creari catholica fides nos retinere iubei"; "Humani Generis," 36).

Full text

And for those who may tempted to argue that the person who wrote these words is not a Christian... The guy was a Polish theologian and Catholic bishop of an Italian town...

Finally, something we can agree on.

But, your ignorance is entirely wilful. Talk to me again when you can, by freely answering a simple question, demonstrate that you're prepared to move out of that cozy, comfortable ignorance you've ensconced yourself in and are ready to face the world as it is like a big girl.

Nice try. :lol:

Wiggle, wiggle, squirm, and squirm

Desperate Bambino's on the hook so firm.

Delaying here, and deflecting there

He knows he's neatly caught by dear Betsy-girl.

Betsy's whistling on the riverbank,

watching Bambino struggling on the line.

amusing to see how the more he tries,

the more he knots himself up so fine. :D

Just as I thought.... you cannot explain your own argument. Therefore, you bombed. :lol:

Since I'm right, therefore I win! :P

And that's the end of the trilobites. Buried, along with Theobold's other dead! :lol:

Edited by betsy

See, you already know that. and you didn't need two texts explaning what they are (mind you, I don't think you read them anyway). One less excuse not to answer the question that was asked.

She has no explanation for trilobites, dinosaurs, Homo Erectus, the Carboniferous Period, stellar metallicity and countless other real scientific 'facts'. It's not that old books like those that make up the Bible aren't historically significant...but, we don't look to Caesar's "Civil War" for ideas about space flight...well, maybe betsy does.

:lol:

She has no explanation for trilobites, dinosaurs, Homo Erectus, the Carboniferous Period, stellar metallicity and countless other real scientific 'facts'.

Precisely. And I knew full well that her tactic was to deflect, deflect, deflect, deflect, deflect until the other person says "well, we'll continue when you stop deflecting" and then she can say to herself she won. It shouldn't surprise anyone that she thinks being stubborn is the way to win a debate.

Precisely. And I knew full well that her tactic was to deflect, deflect, deflect, deflect, deflect until the other person says "well, we'll continue when you stop deflecting" and then she can say to herself she won. It shouldn't surprise anyone that she thinks being stubborn is the way to win a debate.

It smacks of betsy not truly believing all that religious BS herself. Her posts seem more about reassuring herself in her beliefs rather than convincing others. But when you hitch your horse to the creationist wagon, you have to be able to put your fingers in your ears and go "La La La" or go mad, I'd imagine.

She has no explanation for trilobites, dinosaurs, Homo Erectus, the Carboniferous Period, stellar metallicity and countless other real scientific 'facts'. It's not that old books like those that make up the Bible aren't historically significant...but, we don't look to Caesar's "Civil War" for ideas about space flight...well, maybe betsy does.

:lol:

Well, why don't you explain your arguments for them so I can respond. The others sound familira that perhaps I've already touched on thgose, and you're just bringing them up again.

! :blink:

Yep! That's another tactic used by the repetitive atheist. Bury it...and resurrect it again like as if the rebutt will somehow change the next time around.

Just like Kimmy brought up the the pillar of salt argument again!

If I bring it up again now, maybe the response will be in my favour.

Such faith on their belief and great anticipation for that miracle! :lol:

Are you fooling and lying to yourselves now? :lol:

Edited by betsy

Well, why don't you explain your arguments for them so I can respond. The others sound familira that perhaps I've already touched on thgose, and you're just bringing them up again.

You should have just bitten yon bullet and finished high school biology/physics/chemistry.

It smacks of betsy not truly believing all that religious BS herself. Her posts seem more about reassuring herself in her beliefs rather than convincing others.

You got it! Hence my comments to her about needing to coddle her precious beliefs from that which she knows might well tear them apart. It's about protecting her comfort zone.

Yep! That's another tactic used by the repetitive atheist. Bury it...and resurrect it again like as if the rebutt will somehow change the next time around.

Except for the burying part (which is not what is happening, actually), sounds a lot like the repetitive betsy. Edited by CANADIEN

Teacher bambino: 1+1 equals?

Six year old betsy (and no, I am not claiming that you are a six year old, although it is tempting - just imagining you when you were six): What's your argument?

Teacher bambino: No argument here. 1+1 equals?

Six year old betsy: what's your argument, so I can respond to it.

Teacher bambino: No argument. 1+1 equals?

Six year old betsy: I want to know your argument, so that I can respond to it.

(one hour later)

Teacher bambino: You can't admit you don't know the answer to the question.

Six year old betsy: See, you can't explain your argument. I've won.

Edited by CANADIEN