Raising the US debt ceiling

I think you are right everyone should be included in Government health care. However if we wont go that far then we should at least stop the free loading.

Health care is not provided by the Government except for particular circumstances...the fight is about who pays for it. Adding more deadbeats and poor to the equation will only drive up costs, the very thing that is trying to be prevented.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Health care is not provided by the Government except for particular circumstances...the fight is about who pays for it. Adding more deadbeats and poor to the equation will only drive up costs, the very thing that is trying to be prevented.

Medicaid is a government insurance plan given to those who can not afford health insurance. Just like if you can't afford food you are given food stamps to buy food.

Now the question is what do you do about the 20 million who can afford insurance but refuse to buy it because they know you will pay for it if they get hurt. I mean they needed a bigger TV right?

Edited by punked

Actually it would drive down costs, because you could make them pay for their care... even if they could only afford to pay a smaller ammount. Right now they pay nothing, but they still get care. They just go without care until their situation becomes an "emergency" at which point they cannot legally be denied access. Not only that but by this point in time their condition has advanced to the point where it costs way way more to treat than it would have. Free riders drive costs UP, not down. YOu are better off covering them and charging them whatever they can afford to pay. Preventitive care is cheap compared to waiting until these people check into the ER with a full blown medical emergency that everyone else is now forced to pay for.

Preventitive care is cheap compared to waiting until these people check into the ER with a full blown medical emergency that everyone else is now forced to pay for.

Apparently not cheap enough....this strategy will not solve the larger issue....consumption of more and more services with insurance policies that hide the actual costs from consumers.

Apparently not cheap enough....this strategy will not solve the larger issue....consumption of more and more services with insurance policies that hide the actual costs from consumers.

Japan has the same system however the make it illegal for Insurance companies to make a profit. Maybe that is a tweak that needs to be made.

Japan has the same system however the make it illegal for Insurance companies to make a profit. Maybe that is a tweak that needs to be made.

That is old news...you are trying to butt heads with a very large American industry and enterprise. Why not declare that farmers cannot earn a profit as well?

Health care is a business.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I don't know....federal dollars for abortions is very limited.

Every thing you have is limited. Looks like you have reached your limit. NOW you expect to ecceed the limits of time and space..and have not learned one single thing. As is said to keep repeating the same thing over and over again and hope for a different out come is a sign of being nuts. Why could America not admit that they screwed up royaly when it came to dealing with crimminals like the authorities in China and else where? This thing - that over powered the American mind and stupified it is it's down fall - greed and gluttony - Each American weighs twice what they should - and each American spends twice what they make....and they are willing to continue to deal with the devil to maintain this insanity - Why did they not tell the devil they know - to F off?

It takes courage and guts to put evil in it's place and stand up to the insanity. "Those who try to save their miserable lives will lose their lives - Those who dare to lose everything will have life and life more abundantly" - this was said 2000 years ago...and it still counts...Personally I stood up to the insanity and evil in a system - and lost everything - but I survived..with no regrets...because I dared to kick sand in the proverbial devils face - America is not the great Satan - they are the great chicken shit babies that run from evil...instead of taking it on - better to go down fighting than take it in the ass.

Every thing you have is limited. Looks like you have reached your limit. NOW you expect to ecceed the limits of time and space..and have not learned one single thing.

Calm down....hell you are originally from the Soviet Union and we know how that turned out. Quebec sends their third trimester abortions to the USA when the mother's life is not in danger (messy business).

As is said to keep repeating the same thing over and over again and hope for a different out come is a sign of being nuts. Why could America not admit that they screwed up royaly when it came to dealing with crimminals like the authorities in China and else where?

Because they didn't...Nixon did far better than Trudeau in that regard.

This thing - that over powered the American mind and stupified it is it's down fall - greed and gluttony - Each American weighs twice what they should - and each American spends twice what they make....and they are willing to continue to deal with the devil to maintain this insanity - Why did they not tell the devil they know - to F off?

Because maybe we don't want to. America is not required to live up to wild ass expectations in Canada, expectations that Canada has never met either. Stop watching so much American TV...oh wait....you can't.

because I dared to kick sand in the proverbial devils face - America is not the great Satan - they are the great chicken shit babies that run from evil...instead of taking it on - better to go down fighting than take it in the ass.

That's why I love this forum....no shortage of self anointed wise men who hate America while extolling it to accomplish things Canada can't even dream of.

Calm down....hell you are originally from the Soviet Union and we know how that turned out. Quebec sends their third trimester abortions to the USA when the mother's life is not in danger (messy business).

Because they didn't...Nixon did far better than Trudeau in that regard.

Because maybe we don't want to. America is not required to live up to wild ass expectations in Canada, expectations that Canada has never met either. Stop watching so much American TV...oh wait....you can't.

Because maybe we don't want to.

Based on the polling data that I have seen, most Americans DO want to. Its more a matter cant.

See, that's the thing...America has a lot of different opinions on what to do, but they sure as hell don't want Canadians deciding what that is, no matter how much they may want to do so.

What in the ever loving fuck are you talking about? OBVIOUSLY they dont want Canadians deciding ANYTHING for them. And what Canadians want to make decisions for the US? Oh yeah! The imaginary people inside your head again.

Just because people have opinions about what someone in your position should do doesnt mean they think they should be making decisions for you.

You are one confused and paranoid dude.

What in the ever loving fuck are you talking about? OBVIOUSLY they dont want Canadians deciding ANYTHING for them. And what Canadians want to make decisions for the US? Oh yeah! The imaginary people inside your head again.

Dude...just canvas this forum for obvious examples, not to mention wishing to vote in American federal elections.

15% of Canadians would rather vote in U.S. election: survey

Just because people have opinions about what someone in your position should do doesnt mean they think they should be making decisions for you.

What position? See...you are doing it again.

You are one confused and paranoid dude.

No...I am an American...and that bugs you.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Dude...just canvas this forum for obvious examples, not to mention wishing to vote in American federal elections.

15% of Canadians would rather vote in U.S. election: survey

What position? See...you are doing it again.

No...I am an American...and that bugs you.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest that youre an American. See again, youre viewing this through the lense of an imaginary group of people that live inside your head. Based on how you percieve this alternate reality you think that as a Canadian I MUST have a problem with you being American. But I really dont. Its true that sometimes Ill comment about your confusion and paranoia and your attempts to drag every single thread in which you participate into this whimsical and magical US VS CANADA construct that youve spent thousands of hours carefully contructing in your brain. But that has nothing to do with your nationality at all.

I think its GOOD that youre American. Youre lucky... its one of the best places to live in the world.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest that youre an American. See again, youre viewing this through the lense of an imaginary group of people that live inside your head. Based on how you percieve this alternate reality you think that as a Canadian I MUST have a problem with you being American. But I really dont.

Then why do you dwell on it, attempting to stifle such discussion or viewpoint (not limited to just me).

Its true that sometimes Ill comment about your confusion and paranoia and your attempts to drag every single thread in which you participate into this whimsical and magical US VS CANADA construct that youve spent thousands of hours carefully contructing in your brain. But that has nothing to do with your nationality at all.

I know it's true and have stated as much. You have taken the normal America obsession to a new level!

I think its GOOD that youre American. Youre lucky... its one of the best places to live in the world.

...or find employment...right?

Then why do you dwell on it, attempting to stifle such discussion or viewpoint (not limited to just me).

I know it's true and have stated as much. You have taken the normal America obsession to a new level!

...or find employment...right?

I dont dwell on it. You do. Its a curious phenomenon when a guy continuously blurts out "you watch american TV!!!!", or "You work for some american campanies!!!!!!" the same way a person suffering from Turrets syndrom might yell out "mother fucker!!!!" in the middle of a dinner table conversation.