Toronto Blue Jays

I'm not the biggest baseball fan but I enjoy going to games as it's a good way to enjoy friends company and it's cheap entertainment and it can be a lot of fun.

I never thought I would be, but I am now a Toronto Blue Jays season ticket holder. The Toronto Star has sponsored a special deal that only lasts until this Friday the 21st of Jan. Up until then you can buy a season ticket for anywhere in the 500 level (you show up an hour before the game and they assign you a seat) for only 100 dollars. 80 games for 100 dollars. You really only have to go to 10 games just to break even.

It's a really great deal if you like baseball. Couldn't keep it to myself!

80 games for a hundred bucks?!?!?!

That's a steal!!!!

I guess my only complaint...Well,two...

1.Probably nosebleeders out beyond the foul poles.Perhaps you'll get the commemorative "Jose Canseco Home Run Seat" from the '89 ALCS?

:lol:

2.Most likley games against Kansas City and Oakland on Tuesday and Wednesday nights...No Yank's,Red Sox, etc.

Being a huge baseball fan,and an avid Bluejay disliker in the AL,I would be all over it.However,for someone who's not a huge fan,it might be like watching ants running around on green felt!

I still think it's a good deal,however...

Edited by Jack Weber

1.Probably nosebleeders out beyond the foul poles.Perhaps you'll get the commemorative "Jose Canseco Home Run Seat" from the '89 ALCS?

2.Most likley games against Kansas City and Oakland on Tuesday and Wednesday nights...No Yank's,Red Sox, etc.

Yes, both points are likely with such a deal.

I'm a massive, massive baseball fan, but even i couldn't stand to attend 80 ballgames a season. The thing is that teams play virtually everyday of the season (though of course half are road games) minus the occasional thursday and/or monday off for travel days, and the all-star break.

I've gone to a bunch of games during a season. Even if you obsessed with a team, the hardest part is that games usually follow a 3-in-a-row format where you'll be stuck watching the same teams play each other 3 days in a row. Given that the average baseball game is about 3 hours long, doing the baseball season ticket thing can become a chore, especially during periods of hot/humid weather in the summer.

It is an AMAZING great deal (i've never heard of anything like it at the MLB level, but of course you almost certainly won't attend even half of those games. So IMO maybe you'd be better off just buying individual seats in a better section but for less games.

But anyways, have fun!! :)

80 games for a hundred bucks?!?!?!

That's a steal!!!!

I guess my only complaint...Well,two...

Nope. You don't get a seat. Basically what they do is give you a swipe card. You go to a specific gate and you can chose any available seat in the 500s. You have to chose 45 minutes before the game starts so chances are good that you'll get a fairly decent seat. I had a friend who did this last year and routinely got seats in the first or second row of the 500 level right behind the plate. We have 6 people this year. Going to be fun.

Being a huge baseball fan,and an avid Bluejay disliker in the AL,I would be all over it.However,for someone who's not a huge fan,it might be like watching ants running around on green felt!

I still think it's a good deal,however...

Every single game but the home opener is included in the package which works out since the home opener is against the Twins so not a horrible loss.

Yes, both points are likely with such a deal.

I'm a massive, massive baseball fan, but even i couldn't stand to attend 80 ballgames a season. The thing is that teams play virtually everyday of the season (though of course half are road games) minus the occasional thursday and/or monday off for travel days, and the all-star break.

I've gone to a bunch of games during a season. Even if you obsessed with a team, the hardest part is that games usually follow a 3-in-a-row format where you'll be stuck watching the same teams play each other 3 days in a row. Given that the average baseball game is about 3 hours long, doing the baseball season ticket thing can become a chore, especially during periods of hot/humid weather in the summer.

It is an AMAZING great deal (i've never heard of anything like it at the MLB level, but of course you almost certainly won't attend even half of those games. So IMO maybe you'd be better off just buying individual seats in a better section but for less games.

But anyways, have fun!! :)

I doubt I'll even attend half the games as well. Sometimes it can get quite stale. However, at 95 bucks for 80 games, you break even after 10 games and I'll be going to more than 10. So, the package works!

LOL good point! However, the MLB season has 162 games, and i thought all teams played 81 home and 81 away. Am i wrong? Or is nicky going to miss the home opener? :lol:

I'll probably miss the home opener. The package comes with every single home game EXCEPT the home opener. Considering that's the only difference between this pacakge and the actual season ticket pacakge, I'll take the this package without the home opener instead. The difference between the two packages is in the ballpark (pun intended) of $550.

• 2 weeks later...