Three time loser , is Smitherman done forever ?

Dog

E Health - OLG - Toronto Mayor . 3 strikes your out . Mr Smithers please please go away from your extortion of the public purse .

I hope this horrible horrible person will not leave any scars on Toronto when he goes on to his next failure .

The thing that gets me is that none of the candidates have any sort of a platform, When Smitherman came out with some ideas it was like a Ford clone.

Smitherman knew that he had the backing of the provincial and municipal gov. and thought he would walk right into city hall and carry on from Miller.

Rossi's new campaign is a dud, talking like the mafia, the Italian people must feel insulted.

And Sarah Thomson telling Rob last night on the so-called debate, that he can drive around in his big convertible and blah blah

In reality Rob drives a Chev. Van.

She's the one who lives in Rosedale with all of the luxuries around her.

Smitherman just passes off the E-Health boondoggle like it was nothing, right on.

E Health - OLG - Toronto Mayor . 3 strikes your out . Mr Smithers please please go away from your extortion of the public purse .

I hope this horrible horrible person will not leave any scars on Toronto when he goes on to his next failure .

I must have missed your post when Tory was mulling a run for mayor. Smitherman has been pretty successful by comparison.

I wondered that too, the elite and intellectuals - who decides who is an intellectual or if they are maybe, pseudo intellectuals really LOL

To me the references to the elite is the status quo, or in the case of Toronto, the city council which governs by their own rules and to hell with the taxpayers.

Who are the elite and what makes them so?

The elite, it would appear, are uniformly left-leaning individuals.

So, for example, Lord Conrad Black is not an "elite."

Powerful conservative politicians are not the "elite."

"Liberal elites" is a term coined by--you got it--conservative elites, largely for campaign purposes. It has no meaning, not as commonly used.

Personally, I would consider the word utterly non-partisan, and suggestive of people who are very wealthy, or at least somewhat wealthy but with disproportionate influence over politics and policy. Elites.

Teaching feminist theory in some university for $60 000/yr hardly qualifies as "elitist," but the word has been corrupted to mean such things.

Conservatives should listen to Barbara Amiel--she knows she's part of the elite, and is proudly an elitist. Whatever her faults, she understands things such as words.

Or Leo Strauss--philosophical godfather to the neo-conservatives...he believed in a hierarchical society in which elites ruled, partly secretively, to keep the stupid, religious masses docile and patriotic. His views may be sometimes ugly, but he understood what "elite" really means.

In its most simplified form, it means wealth and power; and a different set of rules for the wealthy and powerful, who must not be held to the same high standards as everyone else.

Not ideological position.

Edited by bloodyminded

Toronto - Advisors to Rocco Rossi's Toronto mayoral campaign are suggesting that he drop out if the next poll doesn't show an increase in his support. Fellow candidate, Sarah Thomson, dropped out last week and threw her support to George Smitherman.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-toronto/toronto-mayoral-candidate-rocco-rossi-could-end-bid-for-mayor

Another one (all but) down....a two way race has Smitherman hands down.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-toronto/toronto-mayoral-candidate-rocco-rossi-could-end-bid-for-mayor

Another one (all but) down....a two way race has Smitherman hands down.

Agreed, but what a sorry lot to have picked from. Smitty is better than Ford by a large margin and the people will know it as election day dawns.

Well, all 25% of them